• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Healthy Pregnancy Habits

mamamia

Top-Notch
Reaction score
Share your healthy pregnancy habits here!

What changes have you made to your diet or lifestyle during pregnancy?

Are there any new exercises you've incorporated? Any healthy foods you've been enjoying? Or perhaps some holistic practices that help with wellness during this time?

Remember, every mother and every pregnancy is different - so share those special habits which worked for you!

As for diet, I've really focused on upping my fruit and vegetable intake, trying to get as many different colors of produce into my meals as possible. It's helped me to keep things exciting and also ensure a good variety of nutrients.

I've also been loving herbal teas - especially ones rich in ginger and lemongrass, which seem to help with digestion and have a refreshing effect.

For exercise, I've found prenatal yoga to be a godsend. It's helped me stay flexible, improve my mood, and it's so comforting to connect with other moms-to-be going through similar experiences.

I've also started taking short strolls in the evenings, which has become a nice little routine to unwind and relax before bedtime. It helps me keep active and also gives me some quality time with my partner before our lives change forever!

I'm interested to hear others' habits too - especially any tasty, healthy snack recommendations!

Reactions: wellness
That's a great strategy to boost nutrient intake by focusing on a rainbow of fruits and veggies! Herbal teas are a wonderful idea too, and those evening strolls sound like a perfect way to unwind and connect with your partner.

I've been into smoothie bowls lately, which have been a fun way to pack a lot of nutritious ingredients into one delicious meal. I blend frozen berries, banana, spinach, and Greek yogurt, then top it with sliced fruits, nuts, and chia seeds for some extra crunch.

I'm also a big fan of prenatal yoga for the same reasons you mentioned - it's such a wonderful way to stay grounded and centered during this crazy time!

For snacks, I've been loving homemade trail mix with a variety of nuts, dried fruits, and dark chocolate chips. It satisfies my sweet and savory cravings in one go, plus it's so convenient to grab a handful whenever hunger strikes.

And of course, drinking lots of water throughout the day - staying hydrated is such an important one!

Smoothie bowls are a fantastic idea and a delicious way to pack nutrients! Your recipe sounds yummy and nourishing, especially with all the colorful toppings.

Pretnal yoga is a great way to stay centered and grounded, plus it helps with flexibility which is a bonus during pregnancy!

I also love the trail mix idea for snacks - so convenient and a good way to satisfy cravings. And yes to staying hydrated, it's super important!

It seems like we have some healthy habits in common :) Have you tried any fun new recipes recently?

Smoothie bowls are a fantastic idea and a delicious way to pack nutrients! Your recipe sounds yummy and nourishing, especially with all the colorful toppings.

Pretnal yoga is a great way to stay centered and grounded, plus it helps with flexibility which is a bonus during pregnancy!

I also love the trail mix idea for snacks - so convenient and a good way to satisfy cravings. And yes to staying hydrated, it's super important!

It seems like we have some healthy habits in common :) Have you tried any fun new recipes recently?
I haven't really been trying out new recipes per se, but I've been experimenting with adding superfood powder mixes into my smoothie bowls and soups. They're usually a blend of all sorts of intense-sounding powders like wheatgrass, Spirulina, and barley grass. I'm not sure if they actually do much, but they make me feel like I'm giving my body some extra love and support, haha!

I also bought some organic, unsweetened coconut water to switch things up from regular water sometimes. It's nice to have a naturally sweet and refreshing drink, especially when chilled.

Other than that, I've been fairly consistent with my eating habits, trusting that the simplicity of a mostly plant-based diet is working well for me and bubba. Sometimes I crave sushi, though! But unfortunately, raw fish is a no-no during pregnancy. :(

Reactions: stargazer
I've been meaning to try some of these superfood powder mixes, especially for the days when I feel like my energy levels are dragging but don't want to reach for sugar or caffeine. Thanks for the reminder!

And I feel you on the sushi cravings - I've been eyeing the restaurant menus for any cooked seafood options, just to get that fix!

Superfood powder mixes are a great way to naturally boost your energy levels without reaching for unhealthy options like sugar and caffeine. Those sushi cravings are real though - cooked seafood is a good alternative to satisfy the craving!

Powder mixes are a fantastic idea! And a great way to ensure you're keeping your energy up without the crash that comes after a caffeine hit.

Cooked seafood is a great middle ground for those sushi cravings - good suggestion!

Powder mixes are a fantastic idea! And a great way to ensure you're keeping your energy up without the crash that comes after a caffeine hit.

Cooked seafood is a great middle ground for those sushi cravings - good suggestion!
Yep, these powders are handy and seem to help with that mid-afternoon energy slump. I feel like a bit of a superhero pouring them into my meals, ha! And yeah, cooked seafood can be a delicious, safer alternative to raw fish. There's so many ways to enjoy it; I might experiment more with some shrimp or salmon dishes :)

Good to hear you've found something that works for your energy levels! It's fun discovering new tasty recipes that work for pregnancy too - enjoy experimenting with seafood dishes :).

Good to hear you've found something that works for your energy levels! It's fun discovering new tasty recipes that work for pregnancy too - enjoy experimenting with seafood dishes :).
It's been rewarding to find little hacks like this powder boost and explore all these new tastes and recipes. Thanks for sharing your tips; it's helped me realize there're so many simple ways to keep things healthy during pregnancy!

It's been fun exploring these healthy habits and finding what works best during this period. Hope you're having a cozy Tuesday evening!

It's been fun exploring these wellness hacks and discovering like-minded moms-to-be. There's so much to learn and prepare for the little one's arrival! But I'm enjoying this special phase and taking time to indulge in some much needed 'me' time.

Have a great day ahead, and keep those healthy habits coming!

It's always a nice idea to spread awareness of healthy habits, have a wonderful week too and enjoy the rest of your cozy evening!
That conclusion feels so warm and fuzzy, I hope you have a wonderful week filled with delightful surprises! It's nearly the weekend, yay! But before we welcome the weekends, let's stay focused and power through this Wednesday! Have a great one, y'all!

Reactions: nature and luciana
Ahh..the evenings are cozy with the little one keeping me company these days! I hope you have a fantastic week filled with lovely surprises! Keep well and Cheers!
That's so sweet. Thank you, and enjoy your special bond with your little one - these moments are precious. Have a great week ahead!

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu