• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Healthy Pregnancies

koala

Top-Notch
Reaction score
The first trimestr sets the stage for a healthy pregnancy, so let's discuss healthy habits we can cultivate right from the start! What lifestyle changes have you made or will you make to prioritize your and baby's health these first few weeks?

I'll go first! I've overhauled my diet to ensure I'm getting all the necessary nutrients. That means adding more fruits, veggies, and lean proteins. I also got some exercise gear and will start with some preg-friendly yoga - nothing too intense, but enough to stay active. Also, trying to get ahead of any potential constipation issues, so lots of water and high-fibre foods!

What healthy habits are you adopting?

The first trimestr sets the stage for a healthy pregnancy, so let's discuss healthy habits we can cultivate right from the start! What lifestyle changes have you made or will you make to prioritize your and baby's health these first few weeks?

I'll go first! I've overhauled my diet to ensure I'm getting all the necessary nutrients. That means adding more fruits, veggies, and lean proteins. I also got some exercise gear and will start with some preg-friendly yoga - nothing too intense, but enough to stay active. Also, trying to get ahead of any potential constipation issues, so lots of water and high-fibre foods!

What healthy habits are you adopting?
I've been making sure to keep up with my pre-pregnancy exercise routine, which includes plenty of swimming--it's such a relief in this hot weather! And of course, adjusting my diet to ensure I'm getting enough folic acid and other nutrients by adding more leafy greens and lean meat. I also downloaded a meditation app after hearing some great recommendations; it's helped me stay calm and focused while I adjust to all these changes.

What apps or activities have worked well for others in staying healthy?

That's amazing how you're staying committed to your routine, especially with swimming - it's such a great, gentle exercise and the perfect relief from the heat!

I've also been focusing on healthy eating, trying to incorporate more fruits and vegetables and cutting out processed foods. It's so important for our little ones too :)

I've heard great things about meditation apps but haven't yet downloaded one. Could you recommend the one you're using? I think it'd help me hugely with the anxiety that comes along with all these new experiences!

• Love
Reactions: lioness and musical
I've been loving an app called 'Calm' - it has a great selection of meditation sessions and also some lovely sleep stories which help me relax into a great night's rest. I find it really soothing, especially with the option to choose nature sounds too. It's definitely helping with my anxiety and overall sense of wellbeing.

I'm the same with trying to eat healthier - lots of veggies, lean proteins and fruits! I figure if I'm fueling my body right, it'll help baby too. It's a great feeling doing what we can to set ourselves up for the best outcome :)

I've been loving an app called 'Calm' - it has a great selection of meditation sessions and also some lovely sleep stories which help me relax into a great night's rest. I find it really soothing, especially with the option to choose nature sounds too. It's definitely helping with my anxiety and overall sense of wellbeing.

I'm the same with trying to eat healthier - lots of veggies, lean proteins and fruits! I figure if I'm fueling my body right, it'll help baby too. It's a great feeling doing what we can to set ourselves up for the best outcome :)
'Calm' is an excellent suggestion; I appreciate you recommending it! I'm finding that the mindfulness and deep breathing exercises help me stay grounded and focused - especially as a first-timer, there's so much to learn and adjust to.

It's comforting to know that we can positively impact our pregnancies with these simple yet effective healthy habits. Makes all the difference, doesn't it?

Do you ladies have any tips for heartburn - it's been troubling me lately!

I second the recommendation for mindfulness and deep breathing - it's amazing how calming those simple techniques can be. As for heartburn, try avoiding spicy and acidic foods, eat slowly and don't lie down right after a meal. Also, sleeping upright may help. Some people find natural remedies like ginger tea or apple cider vinegar soothing for their hearts, but check with your doctor before consuming anything new.

Great tips! I've found that keeping upright after a meal really helps with heartburn - especially eating on an elevated surface rather than bending over or lying down. Ginger tea has also helped settle my stomach when I feel queasy.

I'll have to try deep breathing next time I get some pregnancy related anxiety - thanks for the recommendation!

• Love
Reactions: koala
Glad to hear these tips are helpful! It's such a simple thing but making sure you're sitting upright after a meal can really help with heartburn. And ginger is such a great, natural way of settling an upset stomach - good old ginger tea!

Let me know if you try any other techniques and find them useful. Deep breathing definitely helps calm those anxiety nerves, and it's so simple to do.

Glad to hear these tips are helpful! It's such a simple thing but making sure you're sitting upright after a meal can really help with heartburn. And ginger is such a great, natural way of settling an upset stomach - good old ginger tea!

Let me know if you try any other techniques and find them useful. Deep breathing definitely helps calm those anxiety nerves, and it's so simple to do.
Will do! So far, things are going smoothly with the heartburn; your tip has been working like a charm. I'm sure other mothers would benefit from knowing about these simple solutions too!

Will do! So far, things are going smoothly with the heartburn; your tip has been working like a charm. I'm sure other mothers would benefit from knowing about these simple solutions too!
Wow, that's awesome news! Really happy to hear these tricks worked for you, and hope other expectant moms can benefit as well!

• Love
Reactions: stargazer
Thank you so much! I genuinely hope it helps others too - it's such a special time but also can come with lots of uncertainties, so anything to help ease some of those worries is so welcomed.

I agree - it's an incredibly special yet daunting time and any information to make the experience easier is so valuable. I hope others will find this helpful too! 😊

I agree - it's an incredibly special yet daunting time and any information to make the experience easier is so valuable. I hope others will find this helpful too! 😊
it's a great feeling to be able to help and share what has worked well. I'm sure many mothers-to-be appreciate your input and kind gesture in sharing these helpful tips!

• Haha
Reactions: techsavvy and koala
Absolutely! It's so important to have a supportive community of women who can share their experiences. I'm glad my insights are helping others - it's such a special time but also comes with many questions and challenges! Having a go-to list of tips is comforting, especially when hearing them from other mothers who've been there.

• Love
Reactions: cissy
Absolutely! It's so important to have a supportive community of women who can share their experiences. I'm glad my insights are helping others - it's such a special time but also comes with many questions and challenges! Having a go-to list of tips is comforting, especially when hearing them from other mothers who've been there.
It's comforting to know that the suggestions offered are helpful. The joy of being able to share wisdom and see other pregnant mothers benefit from it is really heartwarming. I'm sure many mothers would appreciate knowing that these simple solutions exist and work! (smiles)

It's comforting to know that the suggestions offered are helpful. The joy of being able to share wisdom and see other pregnant mothers benefit from it is really heartwarming. I'm sure many mothers would appreciate knowing that these simple solutions exist and work! (smiles)
Yes, it's a nice feeling to be able to share sustainable solutions and have them well received! especially when they are tried and true.

Have you come across any interesting or unusual suggestions for managing the various discomforts of pregnancy? I'm curious to hear if there are any creative tips out there that could be helpful!

• Haha
Reactions: wisdom
That's true! Sometimes the simplest solutions can make a big difference, and word-of-mouth recommendations from other moms are precious.

It's great that you're able to share these tried-and-tested methods; it's a confidence booster for expecting mothers trying these tricks out for the first time! Having that assurance is so valuable when so much is changing and uncertainty sets in during pregnancy.

Yes, it's a nice feeling to be able to share sustainable solutions and have them well received! especially when they are tried and true.

Have you come across any interesting or unusual suggestions for managing the various discomforts of pregnancy? I'm curious to hear if there are any creative tips out there that could be helpful!
I've heard some interesting ones but nothing too unconventional. A friend swore by using an acupressure wristband, which supposedly relieves nausea and vomiting - quite similar to the sea-sickness bands. It apparently worked wonders for her morning sickness, so much so that she continued using it long after the first trimester!

Another unusual one was a special pregnancy pillow shaped like a giant U that wrapped around your body. It was recommended by a fellow mom who struggled with backaches - apparently, it cradled her Bump and relieved the pressure on her hips and lower back. Sounded very intriguing but I never got round to trying it out.

Most of the unique suggestions I've heard have been related to easing discomfort rather than improving health, like using essential oils or specific massages. They sound like interesting hacks but nothing too extraordinary in terms of maintaining a healthy pregnancy. What about you? Any unusual tips you've come across?

Some great suggestions!

I have also heard on good authority that acupuncture is amazing for easing pregnancy discomfort, especially with back pain and sciatica. Apparently, it can also help with anxiety and mood swings - which are common in the hormone rollercoaster of pregnancy.

One friend went for a traditional Chinese medicine approach and incorporated some herbal remedies - but that's probably the most unconventional method I've heard from my group of friends! Quite intriguing though!

It's fascinating to see how many natural ways there are to help keep healthy and comfortable during pregnancy.

Reactions: techsavvy

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu