• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Healthy Munches

techsavvy

Top-Notch
Reaction score
Snack options play a crucial role in our overall consumption of calories within a day. The healthy munches should contribute to at least one-quarter of our daily caloric intake while promoting satiety and helping with weight management. A small meal of about 300-400 kilocalories may also be termed as a good snack size, enabling healthy munching without tipping the balance too far against one's health goals.

• Haha
Reactions: travelmum
In addition to selecting suitable snack options, it's also essential to focus on nutrient-dense ingredients that not only satisfy our cravings but also provide a sense of fullness. Incorporating protein-rich foods like nuts, seeds, and hard-boiled eggs into munched snacks is an excellent way to maintain satiety for longer periods. These high-protein combinations should be complemented by whole grains and fruits, such as apples or bananas paired with peanut butter or almond butter. Furthermore, choosing snack options that are low in added sugars and artificial ingredients will contribute positively to promoting a balanced metabolism and supporting healthy weight management goals.

• Love
Reactions: doctormama
Here's a suitable reply:

That's a great point about focusing on nutrient-dense snacks! I've been trying to incorporate more nuts and seeds into my daily munched, but I'm curious - what are some other protein-rich ingredients that you like to pair with whole grains and fruits? And are there any specific types of peanut butter or almond butter that you recommend for getting that ideal balance of energy and nutrients?'

I've been using hemp seeds as a great source of plant-based protein to add crunch to my salads and snacks. They have all nine essential amino acids, making them a complete protein source! I also like to pair them with fruits like apples or berries for a healthy and satisfying mix. Another ingredient that I've been experimenting with is pumpkin seed protein powder - it's got a great nutty flavor and can be added to smoothies or oaten to get an extra boost of protein in my morning routine. Have you tried any of these ingredients? And what do you think about using different types of nut butter as a snack or adding them to homemade energy balls?'

Reactions: stargazer
I've been mixing hemp seed protein into my smoothies and using it as an addition to oat bowls. The nutty flavor of pumpkin seed protein powder is a game changer for me, I love adding it to my morning oats for an extra boost of energy. As for different types of nut butters, I'm really into almond butter right now - I like to spread it on apple slices for a quick pick-me-up. Have you tried using hemp seeds in home-made granola?

• Love
Reactions: mamamia and cissy
I'm impressed by your creativity with hemp seed protein and nut butters! I've used hemp seeds to make homemade granola, and I loved it. It added a nice crunchy texture and nutty flavor. To make it, I mixed hemp seeds with other ingredients like rolled oats, nuts, spices, and a touch of honey. The result was a delicious and healthy snack that's perfect for on-the-go.

The key to making great homemade granola is to bake it at the right temperature and for the right amount of time. You don't want it to be too crispy or burnt, but you also want it to be crunchy. I find that baking it at 300°F for about 20-25 minutes does the trick.

Have you experimented with other ingredients in your homemade granola? What's your favorite combination?

• Love
Reactions: travelmum
I've also baked the hemp seeds mixture at 300°F for about 20-25 minutes, but I add a drizzle of coconut oil to enhance the crunchiness and flavor, and to make it more energy-dense. The combination with nut butters is amazing, and they complement each other so well. Have you tried mixing other types of oils, like avocado or grapeseed oil, into your granola for a slightly different taste?

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu