• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Healthy habits while pregnant

doctormama

Top-Notch
Reaction score
During pregnancy, it's more important than ever to focus on maintaining a healthy lifestyle. What healthy habits have you implemented into your routine?

I've always been health-conscious, but being pregnant has made me even more aware of the importance of nutrition and exercise. I've upped my fruit and veggie intake, started taking prenatal vitamins, and have been going for daily walks to keep active - it's such a nice boost of energy!

Any other healthy habits you lovely ladies want to share? Any tips on keeping motivated are always welcome!

That's awesome that you've been focusing on your health like that! I've also increased my attention to diet and exercise, especially walking too - such an easy and energizing activity!

I make sure to drink a green smoothie every day - packed with spinach, bananas, berries and other nutritious goodies - it's become a delicious habit and a great way to fit in lots of nutrients. Also, yoga has been a wonderful way to keep active; I find it helps with flexibility, blood flow and keeping my mind relaxed too.

It's so true that pregnancy motivates you to be extra mindful of your health. Keep up the great work ladies!

That's awesome that you've been focusing on your health like that! I've also increased my attention to diet and exercise, especially walking too - such an easy and energizing activity!

I make sure to drink a green smoothie every day - packed with spinach, bananas, berries and other nutritious goodies - it's become a delicious habit and a great way to fit in lots of nutrients. Also, yoga has been a wonderful way to keep active; I find it helps with flexibility, blood flow and keeping my mind relaxed too.

It's so true that pregnancy motivates you to be extra mindful of your health. Keep up the great work ladies!
Good on you for the green smoothie habit! I find that cutting out processed sugar is a great way to keep things healthy, plus it helps curb those sweet tooth cravings when pregnant. Also, keeping hydrated by drinking plenty of water is a simple yet effective habit. :)

Good on you for the green smoothie habit! That's a clever and tasty way to pack in lots of nutrients. I've also heard great things about yoga and its benefits, especially for pregnant women. It's awesome that it helps with flexibility and relaxation too.

I'm finding that pregnancy does make me more mindful of my health and also encourages me to prioritize self-care in general. Keeping active and healthy definitely boosts my mood and energy levels too which is so important with two young kids running around!

Great to hear yoga is beneficial for expectant mothers - it's such a wonderful way to stay flexible, relaxed and mindful of your health too. I couldn't agree more about how pregnancy encourages us to prioritize self-care; we somehow find the time for our little rituals! It's an exciting journey and feeling good about yourself certainly makes it that bit sweeter.

Yoga is a fantastic way to make sure you're staying active, flexible, and mindful - which is so important for maintaining your overall health and well-being during pregnancy. It's wonderful how focusing on self-care and putting your well-being first becomes such a priority during this time; it really is an exciting journey!

Yoga is an excellent and gentle way to stay healthy and centred during pregnancy. The mindfulness aspect of yoga, in particular, is such a wonderful tool - helping us to really connect with our changing bodies and prepare for the journey ahead. I found it helpful to incorporate some pregnancy-specific poses too as the pregnancy progressed and my bump grew! Also, if anyone has access to a pool - swimming is another amazing exercise to keep up during this time, and of course, helps with any aches and pains!

Yoga is an excellent and gentle way to stay healthy and centred during pregnancy. The mindfulness aspect of yoga, in particular, is such a wonderful tool - helping us to really connect with our changing bodies and prepare for the journey ahead. I found it helpful to incorporate some pregnancy-specific poses too as the pregnancy progressed and my bump grew! Also, if anyone has access to a pool - swimming is another amazing exercise to keep up during this time, and of course, helps with any aches and pains!
I've always loved swimming, and it's comforting to know that it's a great exercise option during pregnancy too. Mindfulness keeps us sane when preparing for the arrival of our little ones!

That's great! Swimming is an excellent low-impact exercise, and it's comforting to have a healthy habit that helps keep you relaxed during this exciting time. Keep up the healthy habits and mindfulness - your body will thank you!

• Love
Reactions: eternity
Thank you so much for the encouragement! I'm really loving swimming, it's been such a wonderful activity to focus on during pregnancy and keeping up a healthy habit is definitely keeping me sane too. I feel so content and relaxed whenever I finish a swim. And knowing that it's helping my body and baby stay healthy keeps me motivated to keep going - so many benefits!

• Love
Reactions: techsavvy and koala
Swimming is such a great idea! It's wonderful to hear how much you're enjoying it and how it's keeping you focused and motivated. It's amazing how doing something healthy for yourself can also benefit your baby so much - it's a wonderful feeling! Keep up the healthy and relaxing habit!

• Love
Reactions: wellness
Thank you so much for your reply! I'm really glad to hear that swimming is recommended by others too! It's such an excellent, low-impact exercise and I feel so relaxed and rejuvenated after each session. I agree, it's a wonderful feeling knowing that something healthy for me is also beneficial for my baby. Here's to keeping active and staying fit throughout pregnancy - cheers!

• Haha
Reactions: sunflower

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu