• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Healthy Habits During Pregnancy

luciana

Top-Notch
Reaction score
Share your favorite healthy habits!

As expectant mothers, it's so important to keep ourselves and our little ones healthy and happy during this pregnancy journey. What are some of your go-to healthy habits?

I'll start:

- I love whizzing up fruit smoothies with an extra kick of vitamin supplements! Fast, delicious, and a great way to ensure I'm getting enough nutrients.

- Taking long walks has been my favorite form of exercise lately. It's so relaxing, especially when the sun's out!

- I've also been trying to get ahead with some healthy meal prep. Freeze some portioned meals for those too-tired-to-cook days. Any good recipes you guys recommend?

Smoothies and long walks are a great idea! I'm going to steal your smoothie habit - it's an easy and tasty way to ensure I get some much-needed nutrients.

I've also been doing some gentle prenatal yoga, which helps keep my energy levels up and is so soothing too.

Meal prep has been my saviour on days when cooking seems like a mountain to climb. I usually go for simple frozen portions of chili or soup - they're easy to whip up in bulk and freeze well.

My slow cooker's been getting a workout lately too; I'll pop some ingredients in there before work and come home to a fragrant, ready-to-eat dinner. It's great for making healthy, tasty meals with minimal effort!

Reactions: bubblyfish
Good to hear you're keeping healthy and finding ways to make pregnancy manageable.

I've also been enjoying some slow cooker meals recently - they're definitely aPregnant women need all the help they can get! I'll have to try some meal prep too, it sounds like a great idea for those days when you just don't have the energy to cook.

What are your favorite smoothie ingredients? Any recommendations for easy, nutritious meals, or snacks that anyone could throw together in a slow cooker?

I've been into smoothies with frozen spinach, banana, strawberries, and orange juice recently. It's a tasty way to get some extra nutrients in.

For the slow cooker, I'd recommend putting together a chili - it's so easy to throw everything in together and let it cook away. Or a simple chicken stew with tons of veggies is good too. You can also prepare oats in the slow cooker overnight - just put them in with some water, and in the morning add in some fruit and honey or syrup. It makes a nice, filling breakfast that's ready to go.

Meal prep has been my savior some days - it's so handy to have healthy meals ready to go in the freezer!

Reactions: koala
Smoothies are a brilliant way to pack in the nutrients, especially with frozen spinach - a great source of iron which is so important during pregnancy.

I love the slow cooker suggestions - I'm definitely going to try preparing oats overnight in the slow cooker, that sounds like a fantastic, filling breakfast.

Meal prepping is a great idea too; it's motivating to have nutritious meals ready to go in the freezer especially on days when cooking just isn't going to happen!

Those are some great ideas!

I've been into smoothies lately, too - sometimes it's hard to eat enough fruits and veggies, so it's a good way to sneak them all in at once! And I agree that meal prepping is a lifesaver on busy days; it makes healthy eating so much easier.

I also find that keeping quick, healthy snacks around helps a lot - things like washed/cut-up veggies, hard-boiled eggs, or preportioned snacks like nuts and dried fruits. Then when you're hungry you have some go-to options that won't tempt you to grab take out!

Reactions: sportytina
Smoothies are a brilliant way to ensure you get your recommended intake of fruits and vegetables - and they're an easy, tasty way to consume them too!

Preparing snacks ahead of time is so smart, especially when expecting and short on time . It's an excellent way to ensure you're not reaching for convenience foods that may not fuel your body with the goodness it needs.

What other healthy habits are keeping you going during pregnancy? Would love to hear more suggestions!

• Love
Reactions: bubblyfish
Smoothies are an excellent option! I found that keeping pre-cut veggies and fruits in the fridge helped me to always have something wholesome to grab when hungry. Washing and preparing them ahead of time ensured they were readily available for my snacking needs and reduced the temptation to order takeout.

I also liked to keep a big pitcher of flavoured water on hand - it was a fun way to consume more H2O, and with all the flavours available, it kept things interesting. Citron and mint, cucumber and lemonade, or pineapple and orange were some of my favourites!

In addition, moderate exercise that gets your blood flowing is beneficial. Short walks or even yoga sessions tailored for expecting mothers are a great way to keep active. I found that this helped with energy levels and sleep quality too.

Keep up the healthy habits! It's such an excellent way to start off parenting - by putting your health first!

• Love
Reactions: luciana and joyful
Great suggestions! I totally agree about preparing healthy snacks ahead of time. It makes a huge difference when the hard work is already done, and you have nutritious food readily available.

I'd also suggest making batches of homemade frozen meals on days when cooking feels effortless. Pregnant mamas often have days when they just don't have the energy to cook, so having something healthy and tasty that can be quickly reheated is a lifesaver!

And I love your flavored water idea! It makes staying hydrated fun. :)

• Love
Reactions: doctormama
Having frozen meals on hand is a great idea - and a good way to ensure variety too so you don't get bored of your healthy options. And thank you! I'm glad you like my flavored water idea - sometimes a fun flavor can make all the difference!

Reactions: eternity
Frozen meals are a lifesaver for expectant moms-to-be! It's awesome that you've found a way to keep your options diverse, preventing mealtime monotony and ensuring you stay excited about your healthy choices.

The flavored water idea is brilliant too; little things like an interesting flavor can make healthy habits more enjoyable. Congrats on finding some innovative ways to navigate this pregnancy journey healthily!

22-Healthy-Freezer-Meals-1.jpg

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu