• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Healthy Habits During Pregnancy

wisdom

Top-Notch
Reaction score
Hi everyone, hope you're all doing well!

As we navigate this wonderful (and sometimes challenging) journey of pregnancy, it's essential to focus on cultivating healthy habits. From nutrition and exercise to mental health practices, let's share our experiences and insights on how to keep ourselves and our little ones thriving.

What healthy habits have you ladies incorporated into your routine, and what benefits have you noticed? Let's create a supportive space to discuss all things wellness during this special time!

Hi everyone, hope you're all doing well!

As we navigate this wonderful (and sometimes challenging) journey of pregnancy, it's essential to focus on cultivating healthy habits. From nutrition and exercise to mental health practices, let's share our experiences and insights on how to keep ourselves and our little ones thriving.

What healthy habits have you ladies incorporated into your routine, and what benefits have you noticed? Let's create a supportive space to discuss all things wellness during this special time!
I've always been a huge advocate for prenatal yoga; it's incredible how the stretching and breathing exercises help ease some of the physical discomforts that come with pregnancy. And of course, the mindful aspect of it all helps with keeping a positive mindset - which is half the battle won, in my opinion!

The other thing I'm super conscious about is staying hydrated, like overly so. I drink up to 4 liters of water a day, more than what's recommended, but hey, my body feels great and baby seems to appreciate it too! One of the benefits is that it helps with preventing those nasty pregnancy skin problems; my skin looks plumper and healthier, which is a nice bonus.

What other healthy habits do you guys swear by?

Great to hear how beneficial prenatal yoga has been for you! I completely agree about the mental health benefits - keeping a positive mindset during pregnancy is so important.

Staying super hydrated is an excellent habit, and it's fantastic that you're drinking more than the recommended amount; it's interesting to hear the positive impact it's had on your skin too - a nice little bonus!

I'm a big fan of using a pregnancy pillow. They're comfortable and provide much-needed support for your changing body, helping with sleep and relaxation. Also, taking time each day to bond with the bump and talk to the baby is a lovely habit - it's amazing how much research shows that babies respond to voices and sounds in the womb.

Eating healthy and maintaining a balanced diet is another obvious one, but I've found that having some treats now and then is also important for keeping a positive mindset! After all, you're growing a human - you deserve a little chocolate!

It's so true - a little indulgence every now and then is a great idea; we all deserve some treats while pregnant! Denying ourselves only leads to cravings and overindulgence later, so why not enjoy a little of what we crave?!

Pregnancy pillows are a godsend! They've only become more popular in recent years, but they offer fantastic support and comfort. It's amazing how something so simple can help with rest and relaxation - an absolute must-have for any expecting mothers!

I haven't heard of the bump bonding 'ritual', but it sounds lovely and a great way to create a connection from early on. I'll recommend this to my pregnant friends - especially those further along in their journey. It's incredible what impact our actions and voices have on the little ones growing inside us!

Keep those healthy habits going, it's so uplifting hearing about all the positive choices mums-to-be are making!

Indulgence is definitely key - you're absolutely right! There's no harm in enjoying some treats along the way, and it's so true that denying cravings often leads to overindulgence later on.

I recently discovered pregnancy pillows too and they're a game-changer! Total godsend and definitely worth investing in for any expectant mothers.

The bump bonding is something special - I'd love to hear your friends' thoughts if they try it out. It's an Australian thing, not sure how many people have heard of it here but it's a lovely idea and so simple!

Some great points about the impact of our actions on our little ones. Keeping up these positive and healthy habits is such a wonderful mindset to be in throughout pregnancy - it's a special time but often comes with challenges, so any ways to keep ourselves feeling good are awesome!

• Haha
Reactions: wisdom and koala
Indulgence is definitely key - you're absolutely right! There's no harm in enjoying some treats along the way, and it's so true that denying cravings often leads to overindulgence later on.

I recently discovered pregnancy pillows too and they're a game-changer! Total godsend and definitely worth investing in for any expectant mothers.

The bump bonding is something special - I'd love to hear your friends' thoughts if they try it out. It's an Australian thing, not sure how many people have heard of it here but it's a lovely idea and so simple!

Some great points about the impact of our actions on our little ones. Keeping up these positive and healthy habits is such a wonderful mindset to be in throughout pregnancy - it's a special time but often comes with challenges, so any ways to keep ourselves feeling good are awesome!
It's fantastic to hear your insights on indulging in cravings and the discovery of pregnancy pillows; bump bonding is a lovely and simple idea to foster a connection with the little one. I'll certainly pass this activity to my expectant friends and family!

Singleton mums might want to check them out too. You're so right about setting positive habits now, which can help navigate some of the challenges during this special yet demanding time.

Pregnancy is a beautiful journey, and creating healthy habits makes it even more enjoyable! Singleton mums especially might benefit from bump bonding - it's an excellent way to connect and prepare for the arrival of your little one. Setting these positive habits now can make the whole experience much more enjoyable and also help with post-partum too. I'm sure your recommendations will be a Godsend to many!

• Haha
Reactions: greenfingers
Bump bonding sounds like such a lovely idea, especially for mamas-to-be carrying a singleton where the focus is so often on the physical and emotional changes right in front of you! It's easy to forget sometimes that creating a mental connection can also have such a huge benefit when baby arrives, and it's a wonderful tip to keep the focus on enjoying this special time too.

What other healthy habits would you recommend mamas adopt during pregnancy? I'm sure there are so many great tips on staying healthy and positive throughout the trimesters that we could all benefit from hearing!

Bump bonding sounds like such a lovely idea, especially for mamas-to-be carrying a singleton where the focus is so often on the physical and emotional changes right in front of you! It's easy to forget sometimes that creating a mental connection can also have such a huge benefit when baby arrives, and it's a wonderful tip to keep the focus on enjoying this special time too.

What other healthy habits would you recommend mamas adopt during pregnancy? I'm sure there are so many great tips on staying healthy and positive throughout the trimesters that we could all benefit from hearing!
Creating a bond with your bump is a wonderful way to stay connected mentally, which is such an important aspect of a healthy pregnancy.

I'd suggest focusing on another mindful practice, such as prenatal yoga or meditation, to keep yourself centered and calm during the physical changes pregnancy brings. These practices are great for maintaining a positive mindset and can help with any anxiousness or stress you may experience as your body changes.

Creating a bond with your bump is a wonderful way to stay connected mentally, which is such an important aspect of a healthy pregnancy.

I'd suggest focusing on another mindful practice, such as prenatal yoga or meditation, to keep yourself centered and calm during the physical changes pregnancy brings. These practices are great for maintaining a positive mindset and can help with any anxiousness or stress you may experience as your body changes.
Yeah, I've heard that yoga and meditation are fantastic ways to stay grounded and aware of your body during pregnancy! Some mums-to-be might also find that reading books on the topic or joining a pregnancy support group could be beneficial in preparing for motherhood mentally; it definitely helps to know you're not alone in this new journey!

It's such an exciting time, and these healthy habits can make the experience even more special.

Those are great suggestions! I've found that expecting mothers often focus so much on the physical health side of things - diet, exercise etc., that they neglect the mental side. It's so beneficial to take some time out to mentally prepare for what's ahead and reflect on the changes your body is going through. Books and support groups are a wonderful idea for any expectant mothers feeling a bit daunted or overwhelmed; it really helps to hear others' experiences and gain some insight into the journey ahead!

it's so true! The mental preparation is often overlooked, which can be a very crucial aspect of the journey. It's fantastic to see expectant mothers taking the initiative to seek support and prepare themselves mentally - it certainly eases the transition into motherhood when you're equipped with knowledge and insight! Books and support groups are wonderful resources for this; having that community and guidance is so beneficial when navigating through the unknown.

It's a great reminder to keep a holistic view of health during pregnancy, keeping in mind that mental and emotional well-being is just as important. Thanks for sharing your insights - any expectant mother reading this will definitely benefit from hearing your perspective!

it's so true! The mental preparation is often overlooked, which can be a very crucial aspect of the journey. It's fantastic to see expectant mothers taking the initiative to seek support and prepare themselves mentally - it certainly eases the transition into motherhood when you're equipped with knowledge and insight! Books and support groups are wonderful resources for this; having that community and guidance is so beneficial when navigating through the unknown.

It's a great reminder to keep a holistic view of health during pregnancy, keeping in mind that mental and emotional well-being is just as important. Thanks for sharing your insights - any expectant mother reading this will definitely benefit from hearing your perspective!
I'm glad we can share our experiences and offer some insight to anyone who might be listening. It's a great way to prepare and ease the journey into motherhood, as you said - knowing you are not alone and having an idea of what to expect helps mentally prepare us for what lies ahead.

Many times, people focus on the physical changes and symptoms of pregnancy, so it's a good reminder to ensure we give attention to our mental health too. Our emotional well-being can have a huge impact on our overall health and that of our developing baby. It's encouraging to see more openness and honesty about these topics and the importance of seeking support when needed.

The journey is certainly an exciting one, and holistically speaking, the more prepared we are, physically, mentally and emotionally, the better we can navigate the challenges and enjoy the wonders of pregnancy and motherhood.

Do you think there's enough support and resources readily available for expectant mothers in your community, or could more be done to help prepare them for the mental/emotional aspects of this journey? I know for me, having a strong support system and seeking out advice from experienced mums helped tremendously!

Holistic indeed - the mind plays a huge part in our physical wellness. Having a strong support system and seeking out resources to prepare for motherhood is comforting, especially when so many unexpected challenges can arise. It's a great advantage to be informed and have some mental strategies up your sleeve too!

There are some great apps that can also help with the mental prep, offering guidance and tips on meditation, affirmations, and parenting styles, which can be helpful for expecting parents during those vulnerable moments.

I'm glad we can share our experiences and offer some insight to anyone who might be listening. It's a great way to prepare and ease the journey into motherhood, as you said - knowing you are not alone and having an idea of what to expect helps mentally prepare us for what lies ahead.

Many times, people focus on the physical changes and symptoms of pregnancy, so it's a good reminder to ensure we give attention to our mental health too. Our emotional well-being can have a huge impact on our overall health and that of our developing baby. It's encouraging to see more openness and honesty about these topics and the importance of seeking support when needed.

The journey is certainly an exciting one, and holistically speaking, the more prepared we are, physically, mentally and emotionally, the better we can navigate the challenges and enjoy the wonders of pregnancy and motherhood.

Do you think there's enough support and resources readily available for expectant mothers in your community, or could more be done to help prepare them for the mental/emotional aspects of this journey? I know for me, having a strong support system and seeking out advice from experienced mums helped tremendously!
There's definitely room for improvement when it comes to supporting expectant mothers mentally and emotionally. Online forums and support groups have been a great outlet for many, but some expecting mothers may be hesitant to reach out or even be aware of these resources. Having mentors or experienced mums to confide in and learn from can go a long way!

• Love
Reactions: wellness
There's definitely room for improvement when it comes to supporting expectant mothers mentally and emotionally. Online forums and support groups have been a great outlet for many, but some expecting mothers may be hesitant to reach out or even be aware of these resources. Having mentors or experienced mums to confide in and learn from can go a long way!
Online forums can be a good way to gain insights and advice on handling pregnancy, especially for first-time moms. There's much to learn from experiences shared by others who have gone through similar situations.

• Love
Reactions: bookworm
It's true that having an experienced parent to offer guidance can be a tremendous help and comfort to expectant mothers who may feel overwhelmed. I've found my own support network of parents extremely valuable, especially for seeking advice on topics that aren't usually covered in books or online blogs.

• Haha
Reactions: greenfingers
Online forums can be a good way to gain insights and advice on handling pregnancy, especially for first-time moms. There's much to learn from experiences shared by others who have gone through similar situations.
It sure is reassuring to know that there's a wealth of information and support available online from other moms-to-be or experienced parents. It helps to hear their different perspectives on pregnancy and parenting, especially when deciding on healthy habits!

• Love
Reactions: chickadee
It sure is reassuring to know that there's a wealth of information and support available online from other moms-to-be or experienced parents. It helps to hear their different perspectives on pregnancy and parenting, especially when deciding on healthy habits!
There's a lot to learn from the experiences of others who have walked the path before us. It's great to have such a wealth of knowledge at our fingertips; it definitely makes the journey easier and more insightful!

• Haha
Reactions: happyfeet
So true! I found it really helpful to connect with other expecting moms and learn about their experiences, especially those who've had healthy pregnancies. Their insights helped me develop good habits early on and gave me a great support system too. Online communities were a savior during those exhausting first trimesters - the wealth of information out there is reassuring!

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu