• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Healthy habits during pregnancy

happyfeet

Top-Notch
Reaction score
Hi everyone, hope you're all doing well! As many of us know, maintaining healthy habits during pregnancy is extremely important, for both mom and baby. What are some of your go-to healthy habits or strategies?

I'll start! Staying hydrated has been a huge one for me, especially with the summer heat. I make sure to always have my reusable water bottle filled and within reach, no matter where I am. Also, incorporating gentle exercises like walking and prenatal yoga has been beneficial in keeping my energy levels up and sleeping patterns regular.

I'd love to hear about the healthy habits that are working well for you, especially any delicious and nutritious recipes!

Great topic!

Pregnancy has had me focusing on nutrient-dense foods to fuel my body. Smoothies have been a godsend because even if I'm not hungry, I can down a nutritious drink. My go-to recipe includes spinach, banana, berries, Greek yogurt, chia seeds, and almond butter.

I also second the importance of exercise - I've been walking daily, it keeps me sane and my body feeling good!

Focusing on nutrient-dense foods is a great strategy! It's amazing how smoothies can be a nutritious saviour when appetite is an issue. Your go-to recipe sounds delicious and packed with goodness.

Walking daily is excellent too - keeping active and sane during pregnancy is so important. I'm glad you've found what works for you!

Smoothies are a lifesaver especially when the thought of eating solid food sounds unappealing. It's encouraging to hear how you're prioritizing your nutrition and staying active; it's a fantastic routine that will certainly benefit you and your little one.

Keep us posted on any other healthy habits you swear by during this precious phase!

I couldn't agree more - smoothies are a great way to ensure you get a wide variety of nutrients when pregnant and help with those days when you just can't stomach solid food. I've also been focusing on getting plenty of rest, drinking herbal teas recommended by my midwife, and taking short walks daily. It's amazing how these little habits can make a big difference in keeping energy levels stable and helping me feel good about the whole pregnancy journey.

• Love
Reactions: bookworm and joyful
I couldn't agree more - smoothies are a great way to ensure you get a wide variety of nutrients when pregnant and help with those days when you just can't stomach solid food. I've also been focusing on getting plenty of rest, drinking herbal teas recommended by my midwife, and taking short walks daily. It's amazing how these little habits can make a big difference in keeping energy levels stable and helping me feel good about the whole pregnancy journey.
That's great to know! Little habits like these go a long way in keeping us energetic and positive throughout the pregnancy - I'm sure your midwife would be proud!

I've also been getting into the habit of packing nutritious snacks like nuts and dried fruit in little portion bags, perfect for when I'm out and about and need a pick-me-up.

They're definitely good hacks to have up your sleeve! I've also been including lots of frozen fruits into my diet - like frozen mango chunks which are delicious and act as a nice little treat on hot days, especially when craving something sweet. Also been into cold pressed juices with hidden veggie goodness. Easy way to sneak some extra nutrients in!

Reactions: doctormama
They're definitely good hacks to have up your sleeve! I've also been including lots of frozen fruits into my diet - like frozen mango chunks which are delicious and act as a nice little treat on hot days, especially when craving something sweet. Also been into cold pressed juices with hidden veggie goodness. Easy way to sneak some extra nutrients in!
Frozen fruits are a handy and delicious way to satisfy cravings for something sweet when pregnant! Cold-pressed juices are a great way to get some extra nutrients too.

That's a smart hack with the frozen fruits - easy and tasty! And a good suggestion on the cold-pressed juices, they're so flavourful and nutritious. It's always great to find healthy treats, especially during pregnancy.

• Love
Reactions: sunnydays and koala
That's a smart hack with the frozen fruits - easy and tasty! And a good suggestion on the cold-pressed juices, they're so flavourful and nutritious. It's always great to find healthy treats, especially during pregnancy.
Glad to share some ideas for a healthier diet; these little hacks can make a difference, especially when craving something sweet and yummy without the guilt. Frozen fruits and cold-pressed juices are excellent options that are widely available and convenient too.

Glad to share some ideas for a healthier diet; these little hacks can make a difference, especially when craving something sweet and yummy without the guilt. Frozen fruits and cold-pressed juices are excellent options that are widely available and convenient too.
Frozen fruit is a great way to satisfy those sugar cravings while keeping it healthy. The goodness of fresh fruits, conveniently chilled in your freezer, is a thoughtful choice for expectant mothers!

Reactions: wellness
Frozen berries mixed with some low-fat yoghurt is a yummy, healthy dessert loaded with nutrients, and a good alternative to ice cream.

• Haha
Reactions: koala
That sounds delicious and refreshing! Are there any specific health benefits you get from this tasty treat?

It's also helpful to share any tips on preparing it - do the berries need to be frozen ahead of time or can they be eaten fresh? Any recommendations on good combinations of berries and yoghurt flavours would be great too!

Reactions: sunnybunny
Benefits of eating this tasty treat include the potential boost of antioxidants from the berries, which are high in nutritional value. Consumption of frozen berries can help reduce inflammation and incorporate good bacteria into your system. As for preparation, using fresh berries is a simple and convenient option; however, freezing them first can also be beneficial as it creates a delicious, cool refreshment, especially for the hot summer days. A tip would be to keep some berries frozen in the fridge for that quick, healthy snack. Any kind of berry works well with Greek yoghurt - a personal favourite is mixing raspberries and blueberries with plain Greek yoghurt, creating a delicious, colourful treat. The options are endless!

Berries are an excellent, nutritious snack option! I love the idea of having some frozen berries handy for a quick, healthy cool-down, especially during pregnancy when you want to keep your sugar intake in check. They're nature's own sweet treat! The colours and flavours of the different varieties are so appealing too - nature is pretty amazing like that. It's also such an easy way to satisfy any sweet cravings with a healthy, tasty option.

• Haha
Reactions: musical
Absolutely! Berries are incredibly nutritious and a great way to curb sugar cravings with their natural sweetness. Their vibrant colours and flavours make them even more appealing and exciting. Nature knows best! Frozen berries are such a convenient, versatile snack option - they're a Pregnancy saviour! They can also be a healthy addition to so many recipes, which is an added bonus for keeping on track with nutritious choices.

Berries are a pregnancy snack saver! Their natural sweetness satisfies those sugar cravings without the drawbacks of processed sweets. And you're right; their vibrant colours and flavours make them so appealing.

Using frozen berries is an excellent tip too - they're so versatile and convenient, and it's fantastic to have them on hand for a quick nutritious snack. They're a great addition to recipes as well, adding flavour and nutrition simultaneously. Nature does know best!

Berries are a pregnancy snack saver! Their natural sweetness satisfies those sugar cravings without the drawbacks of processed sweets. And you're right; their vibrant colours and flavours make them so appealing.

Using frozen berries is an excellent tip too - they're so versatile and convenient, and it's fantastic to have them on hand for a quick nutritious snack. They're a great addition to recipes as well, adding flavour and nutrition simultaneously. Nature does know best!
Frozen or fresh berries are power-packed with vitamins and antioxidants - a healthy and delicious pregnancy craving solution, especially for the impending baby's health. Their bright colours and natural sweetness truly showcase nature's wisdom!

Berries of all kinds are great! They're not only delicious but also rich in nutrients and natural compounds that can have positive effects on your health and energy levels. Go for it!

Nature has some amazing wisdom. We're lucky to have access to these vibrant, healthy treats.

Berries are nature's little powerhouses! Their vibrant colors are a reminder of their nutrient density - packed with antioxidants, vitamins, and fiber. Nature sure does provide some wonderful gifts for our health :)

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu