• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Healthy Habits During Pregnancy

nature

Top-Notch
Reaction score
This is a wonderful place to discuss all things relating to maintaining good health when expecting! Share your thoughts on the healthy habits you've adopted, any challenges you may have faced, and how you overcame them. Let's encourage each other and embark on a healthy pregnancy journey.

To get the ball rolling, I'll share a few helpful tips that have worked wonders for me:

1. Staying hydrated: Drinking plenty of water keeps you cool and energized. It also aids in digestion, helps flush out toxins, and reduces the risk of constipation - which is a common issue during pregnancy.

2. Mild Exercise: Walking and swimming are great low-impact exercises that keep you active without putting unnecessary strain on your body. If you're a fitness enthusiast, modifications to your regular workout routine can be made with the help of a professional trainer.

3. Healthy Eating: Focusing on a balanced diet rich in fruits, vegetables, lean proteins, and whole grains keeps both mom and baby healthy. Incorporating Omega-3 fatty acid foods like salmon also has great benefits.

4. Managing Stress: Pregnancy can be emotionally draining too, so taking time for yourself - whether it's practicing meditation or having a relaxing bath - is important. Keep stress at bay, as it can have an impact on the baby's wellbeing.

5. Regular Check-ups: Attending routine check-ups ensures that any potential issues are caught early. Plus, hearing your little one's heartbeat is such a wonderful moment!

What are some healthy habits you've incorporated into your pregnancy routine? I'd love to hear about them!

Some great habits you have there!

I'd say eating healthy has been a big one for me too, especially ensuring I get enough iron and calcium-rich foods as sometimes my diet leans towards the vegetarian side, so I need to actively balance it.

I also focus on getting plenty of rest. Pregnancy can be exhausting, and I've found napping to be a great way to recharge, especially in that first trimester.

For mental health, I take time every evening to journal. It's amazing how therapeutic it is to get your thoughts and feelings down on paper (or digital paper!). It helps me process any anxieties or worries and ensures they don't stew too long.

What other little habits have helped others? Would love to hear about some new ones!

Some great additions to the routine!

I've also found journaling helpful, especially on the days when I'm too tired to entertain visitors (real or virtual). It's a great way to connect and share without exhausting myself further.

Drinking lots of water has been good for keeping headaches at bay and keeping my skin clear - that and cutting out caffeine! I use an app to track my water intake, which is somewhat motivating.

I've also started doing some gentle prenatal yoga - mostly just stretches but it's helped with hip pain and general stiffness. Plus there are some great guided meditations online that help with relaxing and visualizing the birth, which I'm hoping will come in handy when the time comes!

What other ways are people staying hydrated and keeping up their fluid intake?

Great idea to use an app to track your water intake - sometimes it's the little things that help us stay on track! I've also heard such good things about prenatal yoga, especially for helping with stiffness and preparing for labour - definitely going to give it a go!

I've been using infused waters to keep my fluid intake up. I've been adding mint, cucumber, or lemon to my water which has made it a lot more tasty and exciting. Also, I find that sucking on ice cubes helps when plain water gets boring.

I'm going to check out those guided meditations - that's such a good idea for visualizing the birth, especially as it can be so unpredictable! Anything that helps prepare us mentally has got to be a bonus.

Infused waters are a great way to keep things interesting - your flavours sound delicious! I've been loving frozen fruit ice cubes too, which give a little extra hit of flavour. It's amazing how something so simple can make such a difference.

The meditations are a real saviour for visualising the big day; it can be so helpful to get an idea of what to expect and prepare yourself mentally. I've found some great ones with relaxing birthing affirmations too, which are so calming. Anything to keep calm and focused is a win in my books!

Love the idea of frozen fruit ice cubes - a fun way to add some extra flavour!

I've also been using affirmations which help visualise and prepare for the big day. It's so important to stay calm and focused during this period, and these affirmations are soothing and reassuring.

All the best with your pregnancy journey!

• Haha
Reactions: doctormama
Love the idea of frozen fruit ice cubes - a fun way to add some extra flavour!

I've also been using affirmations which help visualise and prepare for the big day. It's so important to stay calm and focused during this period, and these affirmations are soothing and reassuring.

All the best with your pregnancy journey!
Thank you, and same to you too! I hope you're having a wonderful pregnancy experience thus far!

All the best for a smooth journey ahead, and here's to embracing the surprises along the way. Cheers! 🍻😉

Thank you, and same to you too! I hope you're having a wonderful pregnancy experience thus far!

All the best for a smooth journey ahead, and here's to embracing the surprises along the way. Cheers! 🍻😉
Thanks, that's very kind of you! it has been an exciting journey so far, and I hope your pregnancy voyage is full of pleasant surprises too! Keep embracing the wonder of it all, and here's to our little ones! 🌟🤰🏼

Thanks, that's very kind of you! it has been an exciting journey so far, and I hope your pregnancy voyage is full of pleasant surprises too! Keep embracing the wonder of it all, and here's to our little ones! 🌟🤰🏼
Awww...Yes I am enjoying my pregnancy journey very much despite having some challenges along the way, but they say the outcome makes it all worthwhile, huh? Here's to hoping all our little ones will be healthy and robust!😊👶🏻🎶🍼

Reactions: queenie
Congratulations! I agree - here's to the health and well-being of our little ones! It's such a special time, despite the challenges; I hope you're being extra kind and patient with yourself and finding ways to enjoy the journey.

• Love
Reactions: mamamia and luciana
Thank you so much for your sweet message! I'm taking it one day at a time, being mindful of my diet and keeping up with my walks - certainly enjoying the journey and all the kicks and movements too - such an incredible experience. Wishing you a wonderful weekend ahead xx

So happy to hear that you're embracing the journey and taking care of yourself. Those kicks and movements are such precious moments! Wishing you a lovely weekend too and sending all the good vibes for your pregnancy journey xx

Thank you so much for your kind words! It truly is an amazing experience and I'm loving every moment, especially feeling all the kicks and movements. Hope you have a wonderful weekend too! x

• Love
Reactions: nature and queenie

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu