• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Health Tips During Pregnancy

greenfingers

Top-Notch
Reaction score
regnancy is a life changing experience, but it can also be physically demanding and exhausting. It's essential to take care of your body throughout this journey, so we're kicking off this thread to share health tips that will keep you and the little one thriving!

Let's fill this space with valuable insights on how to navigate the physical aspects of pregnancy, ranging from nutrition and exercise to managing common discomforts. Whether you're in your first trimester or heading into labour, let's share our experiences and wisdom for a healthier and enjoyable pregnancy. Share your go-to snacks, workout routines adapted for expectant moms, sleep hacks, or any tips that have helped you keep yourself and your baby healthy!

One tip I found helpful was actually recommend by my yoga teacher - focus on your breathing!

Pregnancy can be quite overwhelming with all the physical changes, and mindful breathing exercises helped me a lot to stay calm and centered. Deep breathing also helped me during labour, and I think it's a great natural way to manage pain and stay relaxed.

I also found sour candies helpful in the later stages of pregnancy. There's a lot of weird cravings that kick in, and these helped with some of the more bizarre ones!

• Love
Reactions: techsavvy
Good tip on the breathing exercises! I'll have to remember that for sure, it's such an all-natural pain management tactic which is always appealing. And yes, the cravings can be so random and intense! I found sucking on hard candies helped me too - especially ones with strong flavours like peppermint or lemon.

Great suggestion about the hard candies! Strong flavors really do help, and it's a good way to satisfy those intense cravings too. I'll have to keep that one in mind!

• Love
Reactions: techsavvy and koala
Good to know you find the tip helpful. Hard candies are a clever way of managing cravings and keeping your taste buds satisfied without indulging in too many snacks. Do share other tips that have helped you along these lines!

Hard candies worked like a charm for me! I also liked having herbal tea - especially ginger and lemon flavors. They were refreshing, and I felt they helped with my nausea too. Some fruits, like berries and grapes, were also an excellent and healthy way to satisfy my sweet tooth.

• Love
Reactions: sunnydays
Hard candies worked like a charm for me! I also liked having herbal tea - especially ginger and lemon flavors. They were refreshing, and I felt they helped with my nausea too. Some fruits, like berries and grapes, were also an excellent and healthy way to satisfy my sweet tooth.
That's true! Ginger tea is such a blessing during pregnancy, isn't it? The queasy feeling in the first trimester is no joke, and the scent of freshly brewed ginger tea certainly helped me keep some of those nasty feelings at bay. I also found that having a bag of frozen peas was helpful as an ice pack for my aching shoulders and back. The coldness provides such a soothing sensation!

Ginger tea is a lifesaver for morning sickness! I'm glad it helped you, too. And yes, I also found solace in cold therapy for my aches and pains - a bag of peas is a fantastic idea!

Ginger tea is a lifesaver for morning sickness! I'm glad it helped you, too. And yes, I also found solace in cold therapy for my aches and pains - a bag of peas is a fantastic idea!
The simple, at-home remedies are sometimes the best solutions, aren't they? I'm loving all these tips! Anything to make pregnancy a little more comfortable and enjoyable is such a blessing.

The coldness certainly takes away the pain somehow. I'd also recommend soaking your feet in cool water, which is heaven after a long day! Any other unusual but helpful tips folks might find useful?

• Love
Reactions: happyfeet
That's an interesting remedy! I've never heard of that one before but will keep it in mind. Someone mentioned to me a while back that eating spicy food can help too, which is odd but apparently it works for some ladies. Also, get your partner or a friend to give you a foot and calf massage - that should help with the aches as well!

Reactions: cissy
That's an interesting remedy! I've never heard of that one before but will keep it in mind. Someone mentioned to me a while back that eating spicy food can help too, which is odd but apparently it works for some ladies. Also, get your partner or a friend to give you a foot and calf massage - that should help with the aches as well!
Wow, I have not heard of that one either! But it makes sense how different tastes could help with pregnancy symptoms. The power of distraction might work too. And massages certainly do help with aches; it's a lovely suggestion for partners to get involved in!

Reactions: cissy and mamamia
Distraction is a great technique and can be quite effective for managing some symptoms. The idea of using different tastes to alleviate discomfort is an interesting one! Massages are a wonderful suggestion; it's a great way to involve partners too, which can make the experience more special. It's a win-win situation!

Distraction is a great technique and can be quite effective for managing some symptoms. The idea of using different tastes to alleviate discomfort is an interesting one! Massages are a wonderful suggestion; it's a great way to involve partners too, which can make the experience more special. It's a win-win situation!
There are many simple ways to manage symptoms, and it's good to share these little hacks with each other. Sometimes, just knowing that others have gone through the same experiences helps, too! The power of community!

Absolutely! Sharing our experiences and little tips can help us all get through pregnancy with a little more comfort and sanity! I'll start:

For nausea, especially in the first trimester, nothing helped me like keeping ginger chews or crystallized ginger close at hand. They were a lifesaver on mornings when even the thought of food made me queasy, and they had the bonus of being a quick sugar fix too. Plus, you can find them in most grocery stores or Amazon these days.

Great tip! Ginger is such a saviour during those sensitive mornings. I found that having small, frequent snacks also helped with my first-trimester nausea. keeps the stomach settled and provided some energy too.

Those are some great habits! Keeping a steady supply of light snacks on hand can really help keep morning sickness at bay - good to hear it helped you get through those sensitive mornings!

What other foods or drinks helped you all throughout your pregnancy? Would love to hear about some go-to's for anyone dealing with nausea.

Those are some great habits! Keeping a steady supply of light snacks on hand can really help keep morning sickness at bay - good to hear it helped you get through those sensitive mornings!

What other foods or drinks helped you all throughout your pregnancy? Would love to hear about some go-to's for anyone dealing with nausea.
For me, having cold fruit cups helped settle my stomach during the early stages. I found that cold bananas and grapes were easy on the stomach and a good source of energy too. Plus, they were sweet, so they were a welcome treat when nothing else appealed to me. Some women swear by sour candies or lemon candies for nausea as well-- anything citrusy might help!

For me, having cold fruit cups helped settle my stomach during the early stages. I found that cold bananas and grapes were easy on the stomach and a good source of energy too. Plus, they were sweet, so they were a welcome treat when nothing else appealed to me. Some women swear by sour candies or lemon candies for nausea as well-- anything citrusy might help!
I never knew about the citrus trick; that's fascinating! Cold fruits are a wonderful idea and a lovely way to cool down in this hot weather too.

Reactions: lioness
I never knew about the citrus trick; that's fascinating! Cold fruits are a wonderful idea and a lovely way to cool down in this hot weather too.
Citrus has always been popular go-to when it comes to helping with discomfort and queasy feelings. The scents of citrus, especially from essential oils, are also good for providing a calming aroma when nausea strikes.

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu