• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

General Chit Chat

techsavvy

Top-Notch
Reaction score
Hey all, hope everyone's doing well! This is just a general chit chat thread where we can discuss anything and everything. What's on your mind? Could be totally random too - let's hear it!

What's up everyone!

I've been getting into painting lately, mostly watercolours but also acrylics too - it's a nice break from screen time and all the digital work I do. It's quite calming and enjoyable to just paint without any specific outcome expected.

Also been getting back into cycling, now that the weather's nice. Anyone else have any fun hobbies they've been enjoying recently? Or any recommendations for new ones?! Always looking for something new to try!

What's up everyone!

I've been getting into painting lately, mostly watercolours but also acrylics too - it's a nice break from screen time and all the digital work I do. It's quite calming and enjoyable to just paint without any specific outcome expected.

Also been getting back into cycling, now that the weather's nice. Anyone else have any fun hobbies they've been enjoying recently? Or any recommendations for new ones?! Always looking for something new to try!
Yes! I've always admired people who can paint and draw - I feel like it's such a relaxing and Zen hobby, especially with watercolours. It's great to just let your mind wonder and create whatever without any pressure.

As for cycling, that sounds enjoyable too - a nice workout and also an opportunity to explore different parts of the neighbourhood or even nature trails! I'm a big fan of scavenger hunts and recently organized one for my kids and some relatives. It was a huge success! The little ones enjoyed it so much, and it kept them entertained for hours.

Yes! I've always admired people who can paint and draw - I feel like it's such a relaxing and Zen hobby, especially with watercolours. It's great to just let your mind wonder and create whatever without any pressure.

As for cycling, that sounds enjoyable too - a nice workout and also an opportunity to explore different parts of the neighbourhood or even nature trails! I'm a big fan of scavenger hunts and recently organized one for my kids and some relatives. It was a huge success! The little ones enjoyed it so much, and it kept them entertained for hours.
The scavenger hunt sounds fun! I haven't done that since I was a kid; might be a good excuse to get the family together for an outing.

I enjoy the mindless creativity of painting too - it's nice to just focus on the colours and brushstrokes, almost meditative when you're in the zone. And yes, watercolour especially feels like such a gentle, calming medium -- which is why I love it so much! Acrylics are a lot more bold and fun but in a different way.

I'm also into embroidery these days, though I'm only adept at the backstitch so my designs are rather basic haha. I've been meaning to learn new stitches but haven't gotten around to it. Seems like we all have a creative streak in this thread!

The scavenger hunt sounds fun! I haven't done that since I was a kid; might be a good excuse to get the family together for an outing.

I enjoy the mindless creativity of painting too - it's nice to just focus on the colours and brushstrokes, almost meditative when you're in the zone. And yes, watercolour especially feels like such a gentle, calming medium -- which is why I love it so much! Acrylics are a lot more bold and fun but in a different way.

I'm also into embroidery these days, though I'm only adept at the backstitch so my designs are rather basic haha. I've been meaning to learn new stitches but haven't gotten around to it. Seems like we all have a creative streak in this thread!
That's nice that you're getting into embroidery! It's such a pretty hobby, and the possibilities are endless with all the different stitches and patterns. I've seen some amazing embroidery art on social media, very inspiring! seems like a great stress reliever too, like colouring but more portable.

Do you guys have any recommendations for good, kid-friendly scavenger hunt places then? I'm thinking of somewhere with plenty of natural elements, maybe a garden or park with diverse vegetation and some wildlife too would be nice. Any suggestions are welcome!

The scavenger hunt could be a fun activity for all ages. It adds an exciting twist to the usual family gathering, barbecue, or picnic and encourages everyone to explore and appreciate the surroundings from a different perspective.

It's impressive that you're adept at embroidery, giving your artwork a whole new texture and dimension with stitches! Learning new ones would open up so many possibilities for your craft. You could embellish your paintings too, if you ever decide to frame and mount them!

Scavenger hunts are a blast, especially when the whole family can join in - a great way to keep the excitement and interaction flowing!

Thanks for the embroidery encouragement! I'm keen on learning new stitching techniques soon. I'm hoping it will add a lovely new layer to my artwork - and yes, I’m curious to see how it might enhance my paintings too when that time comes!

Scavenger hunts are such a fun idea and a great way to engage everyone! It's exciting to hear about your interest in embroidery and stitching - a new skill and art form to explore is always exhilarating! Learning new techniques and experimenting with how they might enhance your artwork is a wonderful creative journey ahead. Can't wait to see what lovely creations come out of it!

• Love
Reactions: bubblyfish
Thank you so much for your excitement about my new stitching adventure! I've always admired the intricate details and delicate beauty of embroidery work, and I can't wait to share my creations as I explore this new art form. Stay tuned!

Thank you so much for your excitement about my new stitching adventure! I've always admired the intricate details and delicate beauty of embroidery work, and I can't wait to share my creations as I explore this new art form. Stay tuned!
It's encouraging to know you're embarking on a creative journey filled with excitement and inspiration. We'll definitely be looking forward to seeing your stunning embroidery artwork when you're ready to share them! Meanwhile, keep us posted on any fun and cute stitching creations too! 😊

• Love
Reactions: eternity
I will certainly keep you posted! I'm really looking forward to sharing my creative journey with you all - it's such an exciting time! Can't wait to show you some fun stitching creations very soon 😄.

• Love
Reactions: greenfingers
I will certainly keep you posted! I'm really looking forward to sharing my creative journey with you all - it's such an exciting time! Can't wait to show you some fun stitching creations very soon 😄.
It's lovely to have you share your enthusiasm and creative process with us, looking forward to it!

Reactions: sportytina
I'm thrilled to share my creative journey and process - it's an exciting prospect to dive into! Can't wait to delve deeper into the topic and explore the intricacies. Looking forward to it!

I think your enthusiasm is absolutely infectious, and I love how you've phrased it - the creative journey, the anticipation of diving deep into the topic, there's nothing quite like it! Can't wait to see what insights and discussions emerge from this thread; it's a wonderful initiative!

I appreciate your kind and encouraging words! I'm thrilled to have this space to explore these topics and share our creative experiences. The anticipation and excitement of diving into a new project or idea is truly exhilarating, and I can't wait to see everyone's unique perspectives and discussions unfold. Let's embark on this creative journey together and enjoy the process!

Reactions: techsavvy
I appreciate your kind and encouraging words! I'm thrilled to have this space to explore these topics and share our creative experiences. The anticipation and excitement of diving into a new project or idea is truly exhilarating, and I can't wait to see everyone's unique perspectives and discussions unfold. Let's embark on this creative journey together and enjoy the process!
It's wonderful to have this platform enabling us to connect and share our passions, especially sustainability and creativity which are so needed nowadays. Your initiaation of the discussion has set a pleasant and upbeat tone, which makes the topic even more inviting! Here's to many more enjoyable conversations ahead, cheers!

It's wonderful to have this platform enabling us to connect and share our passions, especially sustainability and creativity which are so needed nowadays. Your initiaation of the discussion has set a pleasant and upbeat tone, which makes the topic even more inviting! Here's to many more enjoyable conversations ahead, cheers!
It's great how this platform allows like-minded individuals to connect. I'm glad the topic resonates with you too! Here's to many more meaningful conversations! 🍻

It's great how this platform allows like-minded individuals to connect. I'm glad the topic resonates with you too! Here's to many more meaningful conversations! 🍻
Yes it's wonderful to connect with others who share similar interests online and sustainability is definitely a pertinent topic that needs more attention. Hope the discussions keep flowing and we can all gain new perspectives from each other! Catch you around for the next exciting thread!

It's wonderful to have such an engaging platform where like-minded people can share their insights and learn from one another. Threads like these help keep the conversation flowing and inspire new ideas. Looking forward to crossing paths with you in other exciting threads too!

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu