• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

General Banter

musical

Top-Notch
Reaction score
Let's get straight into it then, shall we?

So what do you guys think is the best movie of all time? Feel free to list a few cause one just won't cut it for me! I'd say mine are the Lord of the Rings trilogy and The Matrix. Love a good fantasy and sci-fi!

Ah, movie time! The Matrix and Lord of the Rings are high up there man. I really appreciate a good fantasy world to get lost in, and those two really bring you into their worlds. They don't make movies like that anymore, it's all so rushed now.

• Love
Reactions: queenie
I'm a huge fan of those genres too! Can't go wrong with LOTR and The Matrix. Those are some classic, feel-good movies that I can rewatch any day.

My list would also include the Marvel Cinematic Universe movies, especially the Avengers series. Love the action and humor in those films! And of course, we can't forget about the timeless classics like Star Wars and Indiana Jones too. Some old school gems there!

Reactions: lioness
Wah, the best movie of all time ah? So hard to choose one la! I also love fantasy and sci-fi so naturally I'm a big fan of The Matrix and Lord of the Rings trilogy. But if really want to choose ONE movie that's like my absolute favorite, it has to be The Shawshank Redemption. That movie is simply a masterpiece - the acting, storyline and filming are all top notch!

Wah, the best movie of all time ah? So hard to choose one la! I also love fantasy and sci-fi so naturally I'm a big fan of The Matrix and Lord of the Rings trilogy. But if really want to choose ONE movie that's like my absolute favorite, it has to be The Shawshank Redemption. That movie is simply a masterpiece - the acting, storyline and filming are all top notch!
The Shawshank Redemption is a great movie It's one of those films that draw you in and don't let go till the very end, amazing storytelling!

The thing about fantasy and sci-fi is that they're such a cool escape from reality - you're transported into a whole new world! So hard to pick just one, but those genres have some real gems.

The Shawshank Redemption is a great movie It's one of those films that draw you in and don't let go till the very end, amazing storytelling!

The thing about fantasy and sci-fi is that they're such a cool escape from reality - you're transported into a whole new world! So hard to pick just one, but those genres have some real gems.
Ya lor! Those two genres really give you that escape from reality. I also love the immersiveness of it all - like when you're watching LOTR, you feel like you're actually part of Middle Earth! Or how The Matrix just blows your mind with its fight scenes and the whole concept itself. My list would also include Marvel movies - especially the Avengers series haha! So hard to pick one la, so many amazing films out there!

Ya lor! Those two genres really give you that escape from reality. I also love the immersiveness of it all - like when you're watching LOTR, you feel like you're actually part of Middle Earth! Or how The Matrix just blows your mind with its fight scenes and the whole concept itself. My list would also include Marvel movies - especially the Avengers series haha! So hard to pick one la, so many amazing films out there!
You've mentioned some great movies! LOTR certainly makes you feel like you're on that adventure, and The Matrix's sci-fi world is incredibly engaging. It's impressive how they can create these immersive worlds that are so detailed and convincing.

With so many amazing films, it's impossible to pick just one favorite; it's more like picking a favorite child - which is why I'll stick to saying Shawshank is high up there for me!

• Love
Reactions: luciana
Wah so high maintenance one ah this thread. So many rules! But anyway, here's my take on movies. I'm a huge fan of The Shawshank Redemption. That movie always gives me the feels. Also, gotta love me some good old Star Wars classics. The original trilogy is simply timeless and brings back so many memories of my childhood.

• Haha
Reactions: musical
Yah, I agree! It's like trying to pick the best song or best meal - how can we possibly choose just one when there are so many amazing options?!

The world building in LOTR and The Matrix is breathtaking, that's a huge part of what makes them classics. But The Shawshank Redemption also draws you in, no joke. The story keeps you on the edge of your seat all the way through!

There are so many epic movies out there - it's a great time to be a movie buff!

• Love
Reactions: joyful
Wah, this one tough question sia! So difficult to pick one, cannot boh. How to choose just one movie when so many good ones around? I also like the Lord of the Rings and The Matrix. Those movies really kick butt!

For me, I think old school films like Back to the Future and Indiana Jones are still some of my all-time faves. Cannot forget The Lion King also, that one really made an impression when I was young. All these movies so catchy and never fail to put a smile on my face.

Yah, The Shawshank Redemption's storyline sure knows how to keep viewers on their toes till the very end! It's like an immersive experience that's so captivating you forget it's fictional!

The level of detail and realism in LOTR and The Matrix is what makes these fantasy and sci-fi worlds so believable. You're right; it's a tough choice to pick a favorite, especially with so many great options out there! We can only pick the ones that resonate most with us.

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu