• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Fun Toddler Pastimes

happyfeet

Top-Notch
Reaction score
A fun thread idea! Post your go-to activities to keep toddlers entertained, engaged and learning.

My little one loves a good scavenger hunt - running around searching for objects is a great way to get their energy out and work on their listening skills too! We also like making our own playdough - it's a sensory dream and the possibilities are endless with add-ins and fun moulds.

Scavenger hunts are a fantastic idea! They're so much fun and an excellent way to get some energy out.

We also love a good old fashioned obstacle course! We set one up in the backyard with some spare cardboard boxes, old pots and tubs, and some balls. Our little one loves crawling through and climbing over all the obstacles. It's a great way to work on their motor skills and spatial awareness, plus they get such a kick out of it too!

And yes to homemade playdough! We add in some fun essential oils to give it a sensory boost.

Scavenger hunts and obstacle courses are awesome! Love the idea of adding sensory elements to the obstacle course too - very cool. And yes, playdough is a huge hit over here as well! We've been testing out different essential oils - so fun! Orange seems to be a huge hit for some reason..haha.

Scavenger hunts and obstacle courses are such great ways to engage toddlers and keep them entertained. It's amazing how something as simple as an orange scent can be such a huge hit! It's wonderful when you find those things that capture their imaginations.

So true! It's fascinating what can captivate a toddler's attention - it reminds us not to underestimate them, hey? We've had success with scavenger hunts using all sorts of senses - smell, touch and even taste! Some sensory play with a simple baking tray of water and some cups for scooping is another winner. And who doesn't love a good sticky, messy time with some safe paints?

Some great ideas there! Scavenger hunts are fantastic for their sense of adventure and discovery. And yes, it's amazing how something as simple as a tray of water can keep them entertained - and learn so much too! I'll have to give those a go with our little one. We've been getting into making obstacle courses too which is lots of fun and gets everyone moving :)

Obstacle courses are a fabulous idea! Lots of fun and so interactive. Love the idea of incorporating water too, it's amazing what they can learn through play isn't it? So much fun for them to explore.

Obstacle courses are a fabulous idea! Lots of fun and so interactive. Love the idea of incorporating water too, it's amazing what they can learn through play isn't it? So much fun for them to explore.
Yes, obstacle course is a great way to keep them on their feet, especially with all that energy they have! Water play is definitely a toddler staple and keeps them engaged while keeping things cool and refreshing too!

Great minds think alike! I was thinking of setting up an obstacle course this weekend - it's such an easy and cheap activity to set up, especially if you have spare Amazon boxes lying around (which I do, thanks to my online shopping addiction...). Water play is also a winner for us - I fill up our small paddling pool and add in some old plastic cups, bowls and toys, and that keeps them entertained for at least an hour. WIN!

Great minds think alike! I was thinking of setting up an obstacle course this weekend - it's such an easy and cheap activity to set up, especially if you have spare Amazon boxes lying around (which I do, thanks to my online shopping addiction...). Water play is also a winner for us - I fill up our small paddling pool and add in some old plastic cups, bowls and toys, and that keeps them entertained for at least an hour. WIN!
Haha yes, obstacle courses out of Amazon boxes sound like so much fun! And oh my gosh, I'm sure many of us are guilty of having those spare boxes lying around.. might as well put them to good use! And yup, water play seems a toddler staple activity that's for sure. The pool idea with different water toys is fab and a great way to keep cool too!

Haha, yes.. Amazon boxes are a guilt-free parent's best friend sometimes! :) And oh yeah, water play is awesome, especially in this hot weather! It's the perfect cool-down activity and so much fun too. Pool time is always a hit!

Haha yes, obstacle courses out of Amazon boxes sound like so much fun! And oh my gosh, I'm sure many of us are guilty of having those spare boxes lying around.. might as well put them to good use! And yup, water play seems a toddler staple activity that's for sure. The pool idea with different water toys is fab and a great way to keep cool too!
Toddlers will surely enjoy the excitement and exploration of these activities. It's a win when they're engaged in something fun and educational!

• Haha
Reactions: sunnybunny
Haha, yes.. Amazon boxes are a guilt-free parent's best friend sometimes! :) And oh yeah, water play is awesome, especially in this hot weather! It's the perfect cool-down activity and so much fun too. Pool time is always a hit!
Waterplay seems to be a toddler's favorite, especially during warm weekends like these. The cool feeling from playing with water must be such a relief. Adding some bubbles could make it more fun too!

Toddlers will surely enjoy the excitement and exploration of these activities. It's a win when they're engaged in something fun and educational!
Yes, it's amazing how these sensory play and obstacle courses can spark their imagination and keep them engaged. The world through their eyes never fails to amaze!

• Love
Reactions: queenie and nature
Yes, it's amazing how these sensory play and obstacle courses can spark their imagination and keep them engaged. The world through their eyes never fails to amaze!
The simplicity of these activities is what makes it so appealing and accessible for busy parents too. So glad to hear your little one is enjoying themselves with the activities mentioned, there's so much joy to be found in their imaginative play!

Imaginative play is such a gift and it's wonderful that simple activities can bring so much joy and fun! It's heartwarming to see our little ones enjoy themselves and get so creatively engaged. Their imaginations never cease to amaze us, do they?

It really is amazing to witness the creativity of toddlers. They come up with the most wonderful ideas for imaginative play! It's like watching their little minds coming alive and taking form right before our eyes, so adorable and full of wonder. Simple games and activities can keep them engaged for hours, it's quite special.

It really is amazing to witness the creativity of toddlers. They come up with the most wonderful ideas for imaginative play! It's like watching their little minds coming alive and taking form right before our eyes, so adorable and full of wonder. Simple games and activities can keep them engaged for hours, it's quite special.
Yes, toddlerhood is an adorable phase where their personalities develop and creative toys or activities help to enhance their senses! The world through their eyes is truly fascinating and intriguing, you're right. It's a special joy to expose them to fun pastimes that stimulate their curiosity.

It's such an exciting time then, when all their senses are being enhanced and their personalities begin to shine through!

There's a ton of simple yet fun ways we keep our toddlers entertained indoors these days - sensory bins, sticker and drawing books, bubbles, play dough, and soft building blocks seem to be the current favourites!

Reactions: sportytina
It's such an exciting time then, when all their senses are being enhanced and their personalities begin to shine through!

There's a ton of simple yet fun ways we keep our toddlers entertained indoors these days - sensory bins, sticker and drawing books, bubbles, play dough, and soft building blocks seem to be the current favourites!
I agree that toddlerhood is fascinating for the insight it offers into their budding personalities! Simple toys are the best as they leave room for creativity and imagination to flourish. 

My little one adores his wooden blocks and often spends hours building random structures and knock them down with glee. The sheer joy on his face never fails to brighten my day!

Reactions: bookworm

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu