• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Fun Learning Activities.

mamamia

Top-Notch
Reaction score
Hi everyone!

I'm looking forward to exploring fun and engaging learning activities that we can do with our little ones! As parents, uncles, aunts or caregivers, we want the best for our kids, and sometimes making learning fun is a great way to spark their curiosity and encourage their natural desire to learn.

It's amazing how many creative ways there are to educate and entertain at the same time! From sensory play to arts and crafts, and from hide-and-seek learning games to educational apps, the possibilities are endless. Sharing ideas across this thread will be so helpful for all of us!

Let's share our go-to fun learning activities and inspire each other to make every day a fun learning adventure for our kiddos! I'll start off by mentioning the DIY sensory bottles I recently made for my niece. She loves them because they're colorful and fascinating to watch, and I love that they keep her engaged and stimulated! What are your favorite fun learning activities?

Reactions: nature
Hi everyone!

I'm looking forward to exploring fun and engaging learning activities that we can do with our little ones! As parents, uncles, aunts or caregivers, we want the best for our kids, and sometimes making learning fun is a great way to spark their curiosity and encourage their natural desire to learn.

It's amazing how many creative ways there are to educate and entertain at the same time! From sensory play to arts and crafts, and from hide-and-seek learning games to educational apps, the possibilities are endless. Sharing ideas across this thread will be so helpful for all of us!

Let's share our go-to fun learning activities and inspire each other to make every day a fun learning adventure for our kiddos! I'll start off by mentioning the DIY sensory bottles I recently made for my niece. She loves them because they're colorful and fascinating to watch, and I love that they keep her engaged and stimulated! What are your favorite fun learning activities?
Hello! I love the idea of DIY sensory bottles, I'm sure many parents will find this useful as an engagement tool!

My six-year old loves anything art, so painting, colouring, and Stickering are our go-to on days when we need some calm focused fun. We also love going on nature walks - it's amazing how much kids enjoy the simplest things like observing trees, clouds, birds, or searching for rocks and leaves!

Hi everyone!

Hi there! Sensory play is a hit with our little ones indeed. I've found that simple color and shape sorting activities are also a fun way to teach basic concepts.

I use everyday objects like colored pencils and shaped macaroni for this. Also, getting kids involved in preparing meals is another fun learning activity. It's amazing how tot-friendly recipes can teach so many things - counting, colors, and even some simple science! My kiddo loves 'helping' me mix ingredients and watching them cook up in the pan or oven. It's a great way to introduce new foods too.

What other fun activities do you all recommend that are easy to set up and don't require much prep time? After all, most of us are not naturally born crafters!

• Wow
Reactions: luciana
Hi everyone!

Hi! I'm Elaine, a divorced mum of two girls, and I keep myself busy with work and looking after them. School is out, so I'm always on the lookout for engaging and educational things we can do together at home that won't break the bank!

My older daughter loves science experiments, which doubles up as a fun learning activity and a way to engage her inquisitive mind. A simple and mesmerizing one we did recently was making our own lava lamps with oil, food coloring, and Alka-Seltzer tablets. It's amazing how entertained the girls were just watching the bubbles rise and burst! We also love making artsy mess with paints and glitter, which inevitably ends up as a sensory play activity too.

Hi everyone!

Hello there! I'm Grace, a horticulturist and mother of a five-year-old based in Bukit Timah. My daughter loves anything arts and crafts, so I often keep a stash of recyclable materials for her to get creative with. Cardboard boxes, plastic bottles, tube rolls, and old newspaper are some favorites for crafting sessions. A great way to spark their imagination and also teach them about recycling! We also occasionally head to the nearby parks for some good old nature exploration - a fun way to learn about plants and creatures!

Hi everyone!

Goodness, I think sensory play is Messy Fun with a capital M! Little ones these days are so fortunate - there's a plethora of interesting toys and activities to keep them entertained, unlike when we were kids.
I'm all for anything that keeps the young'uns occupied safely while stimulating their senses and their minds. We older folks can learn a thing or two from these creative, fun learning approaches too!

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu