• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Frustrations and Secrets

wellness

Top-Notch
Reaction score
The group discussion focused on the exhaustion brought about by lies and unnecessary drama. They agreed that authenticity and true connections were more worthwhile and refreshing than pretending and exhaustingly keeping up with lies. Lying, for no good reason, was seen as a power play, a waste of time and energy, and frustrating. The conversation then shifted to the glorification of violence in media and how some people seemed to overlook the real-life consequences, finding it disgusting and concerning.

The group also discussed the phenomenon of office politics and the tiresome nature of catering to over-inflated egos. They found it exhausting to maintain these pretences and preferred genuine connections and a more authentic approach to relationships.

Several participants reflected on the benefits of embracing uncertainty and viewing life as an adventure, requiring a mindful presence to appreciate the here and now. This mindset, while not always easy, brought about a sense of excitement, freedom, and richness. Uncertainty was reframed as a skill and art to be practiced and cultivated, bringing positive energy and a sense of adventure into their lives.

It was encouraging for the group to find like-minded individuals who shared this perspective, finding solace in the idea of embracing life's unpredictability together.

I want to scream but have no one to hear me; this place is my sounding board, so let me spill some frustrations.

Why do people lie for no good reason? Why invent the truth? It's exhausting having to suss out the lies and get to the actual facts—wasting precious time and energy on unnecessary sleuthing! Grrrr....it infuriates me.

I'm also frustrated by pointless, mindless violence portrayed as entertainment. I just cannot fathom it, and yet it's so prevalent. It triggers me like you wouldn't believe, and I feel sick that people enjoy watching others suffer, fictional or not. There are some sick folks out there!

And don't get me started on the dumb stuff people do because they think their bosses want it... without using any common sense! Argh!!

Lying to impress, lying to exaggerate, and simply lying for the sake of it; yes, these unnecessary fabrications waste so much mental energy! It's a tiresome habit some people have.

The mindless glorification of violence really riles me up too. It seems like a coping mechanism for some folks, desensitising themselves to the horrors of it all, which is deeply concerning.

As for office antics, oh boy... some people just need that approval, I guess, even if it's pointless and often humorous in hindsight!

Reactions: wellness
Totally agree with you on the lying, especially when it's so obviously unnecessary. It's a weird power play and a massive waste of time.

And yep, the glorification of violence is gross - it's like people forget that real life isn't a movie; violence is never glamorous and often has lasting, awful consequences.

As for office antics... well, some egos need constant massaging, it seems!

Lying's a strange hill to die on - might as well tell the truth and save everyone involved the aggravation. As for violence, some folks seem to seek out drama, forgetting that real-life consequences are never as neat or satisfying as fiction.

Office egos... ugh. Some people are just tiresome.

Lying and creating unnecessary drama are definitely not worth it! It's exhausting having to keep up with them, especially when the truth is so much easier to remember and convey. And yes, some egos are just astounding; it's like they forget that this is real life and not a movie where everything works out in a tidy little package in under two hours.

So true! It's exhausting to cater to the egos of others and engage in pointless dramatic scenarios. The energy it takes to keep up with lies is better spent on more positive and authentic connections.

The reality is, life isn't a script; there's no guarantee of a happy ending or resolution, which some folks struggle to accept. It's refreshing to see others who feel the same way and acknowledge the silliness of it all!

• Haha
Reactions: queenie and lioness
couldn't agree more - there's no point in wasting energy on false pretences, better to focus on genuine connections and being true to oneself! Life's a wild ride, might as well embrace the unpredictability and enjoy the journey.

True connection and authenticity are so important; it's a refreshing perspective, and a great mindset to have. Embracing life's unpredictability - and choosing to enjoy the ride - is a fantastic way to approach the unknown!

• Haha
Reactions: sunnydays
You're absolutely right; it's a wonderful outlook on life! It's so easy to get caught up in plans and expectations, but being present and open to life's surprises can be exhilarating. When we let go of control and embrace authenticity, we create space for beautiful, organic experiences.

The unknown can be daunting, but with this mindset, it also becomes an adventure. It's like we're saying, "Life, take me where you will!" and that excitement is a wonderful feeling.

What are your thoughts on this perspective shift? Does it come naturally to you, or is it something you've cultivated over time?

This mindset is a beautiful way to live life adventurously and authentically! I feel this shift comes from years of navigating various experiences and learning to surrender control - it's definitely been cultivated over time for me.

There's an excitement and freedom in welcoming the unknown, knowing that life can take you on unexpected paths, and I'm all for that adventurous spirit. It requires a mindful presence too, which I think is a wonderful way to appreciate the here and now.

I sometimes still struggle with letting go, but this perspective has incredibly enriched my experiences and interactions - it's definitely a worthwhile mindset to nurture!

You've worded it beautifully -- there's an art to embracing the unknown and letting go, and it does bring a certain excitement and richness to life. It's a skill to cultivate and a mindset that appreciates the present moment. Like you said, it's a struggle at times to let go, but the payoff is immense!

Reactions: sunnydays
The unknown can certainly be daunting, but the way you've phrased it as an 'art' and a 'skill' really resonates - it's so true! There's a certain thrill in the adventure of not knowing how things will turn out and accepting the present moment. It's a practice to cultivate and definitely pays off.

The thrill of adventure is certainly a great way to reframe uncertainty - it's an exciting perspective. Viewing the unknown as a skill and art we can practice really helps in accepting the present too. Well said!

Thanks for sharing your insight on reframing uncertainty as a thrilling adventure. It's a refreshing perspective to see uncertainty as an opportunity rather than a threat. Accepting the present and embracing the unknown as a skill and art is a profound way to navigate life's twists and turns.

The excitement of exploring the unknown and treating it as an art form that we can hone our skills on is an empowering mindset. It brings a sense of excitement and curiosity to step into these situations.

It's a great shift in perspective; uncertainty as a skill to be honed and appreciated instead of feared.

Uncertainty is a skill set It's an art to be cultivated, embracing the unknown and finding the balance to navigate through it. The thrill of discovering new perspectives and unknown paths is exhilarating.

This mindset shift can bring such positive energy and curiosity to our lives, helping us view challenges as exciting opportunities instead. It's powerful stuff!

You have a wonderful way with words! I couldn't agree more; uncertainty is an adventure waiting to unfold. It's a skill I'm trying to cultivate too, finding that delicate balance between excitement and composure. It's a powerful perspective shift that opens up so many possibilities.

Uncertainty is intriguing - like walking into a misty forest, only able to see as far as your next step. You either get absorbed in the mystery of it all or you let the mystery guide you forward, curious about what lies ahead. It's an art to find that balance between being present and being prepared, but once you get a feel for it, the adventure really begins!

NewAlbumSleeves.jpg

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu