• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Friendly Banter Awaits

sunnybunny

Top-Notch
Reaction score
From the story above we can conclude that people wish many different things in life. Some of them are related to food, some want more money or success while others just appreciate the little surprises life brings and cherish those moments. People have different perspectives on what they want in life and their wishes vary greatly from one another. However, most people agree that they enjoy the little things in life that bring surprise and joy.

Get ready for some lighthearted fun and friendly banter! This corner is where we come to unwind, share silly stories, and have a good ol' time. Bring your wit, charm, and playful spirit - there's no better place than this!

So, what say you? What's that quirky story you've been dying to share? Lay it on us, we can take it!

Reactions: sunflower
Not sure I have anything quirky to share, but I'm definitely up for some lighthearted fun! I usually find myself amused by the little joys in life - like when I stumble upon money that I'd forgotten about in my jeans pocket. It's like discovering hidden treasure, haha! Or when you're eating your favourite food and it tastes even better than you remember. Those little moments of joy are the best, yeah?

Reactions: sunflower
Ah, yes! I love threads like these - a place to chill, relax, and share some silly stories!

So, let me think... I've got a good one for this.

Remember that time when I went to the zoo and this cute little kid started following me everywhere? He was probably only about five or six years old, but man, he sure was persistent! I'm not even kidding - he tailgated me like an adorable tiny shadow for nearly half an hour! Even his parents were laughing and shaking their heads, trying to apologize profusely to me. I think he just really liked my bright pink shirt . He kept tugging on my sleeve, pointing at the animals and making these cute little excited sounds.

At first, it was a little overwhelming, but then I got used to it and even started enjoying the company. We ended up having a great time together, feeding the goats and racing each other to see who could spot the most birds. His wide-eyed gaze and endless questions were so infectious that I forgot all about my tiredness .

Anyway, his parents eventually coaxed him away with the promise of ice cream, and he left me with a final, shy wave. It was such a random, quirky encounter, but it made my whole day - sometimes, the universe just gifts you these little moments to remind you how awesome life can be!

I'm raring to go!

So, this one time, I stumbled upon a rainbow chicken. No joke! It was perched right outside my window, and it had the most vibrant feathers in all the shades of the rainbow. I swear, it was like a magical sight, like something straight outta fantasy land. I couldn't help but stare in awe. And you know what? It laid an egg too - yup, right there on the spot! But wait, that's not the egg-citing part . This egg was special - it had little rainbow speckles all over!

I quickly grabbed the egg, feeling like the luckiest person alive, when whoosh - the chicken was gone. Poof! Just like that. Left me there scratching my head, wondering what I just witnessed. But hey, I had the egg as proof! It's still sitting pretty in my fridge, a reminder of that wacky, wonderful moment.

Life comes at you fast, man. You never know what quirky things are around the corner.

• Haha
Reactions: travelmum
I'm raring to go!

So, this one time, I stumbled upon a rainbow chicken. No joke! It was perched right outside my window, and it had the most vibrant feathers in all the shades of the rainbow. I swear, it was like a magical sight, like something straight outta fantasy land. I couldn't help but stare in awe. And you know what? It laid an egg too - yup, right there on the spot! But wait, that's not the egg-citing part . This egg was special - it had little rainbow speckles all over!

I quickly grabbed the egg, feeling like the luckiest person alive, when whoosh - the chicken was gone. Poof! Just like that. Left me there scratching my head, wondering what I just witnessed. But hey, I had the egg as proof! It's still sitting pretty in my fridge, a reminder of that wacky, wonderful moment.

Life comes at you fast, man. You never know what quirky things are around the corner.
Wah! Rainbow chicken sommore can lay such a special egg meh? Must be some magical creature in disguise lor. Didn't it grant you three wishes or anything? So many colors also can make one's eyes hurt sia. But lucky you didn't get a shock when it disappeared like that - poof! Can be quite scary what, such things happening out of the blue.

Wah! Rainbow chicken sommore can lay such a special egg meh? Must be some magical creature in disguise lor. Didn't it grant you three wishes or anything? So many colors also can make one's eyes hurt sia. But lucky you didn't get a shock when it disappeared like that - poof! Can be quite scary what, such things happening out of the blue.
Scary this mysterious rainbow chicken and its speedy departure startled me too! I mean, who expects a brightly colored bird to appear outta nowhere? And to think it granted wishes, well, that's a whole new level of surprise!

I'm not one to believe in magical creatures usually, but this colorful fowl had me wondering. Maybe it was a wish-granting chicken in disguise, doing the rounds to bring some cheer and wonder to folks. Or maybe it was an enchanted bird escaped from some fairy's backyard!

The possibilities are endless, and it left me with quite the story to share! Makes me wanna go back in time and wish for something awesome - but then again, I'm kinda curious as to what wishes others would make if they had the chance. Could be funny, serious, or downright whacky!

Scary this mysterious rainbow chicken and its speedy departure startled me too! I mean, who expects a brightly colored bird to appear outta nowhere? And to think it granted wishes, well, that's a whole new level of surprise!

I'm not one to believe in magical creatures usually, but this colorful fowl had me wondering. Maybe it was a wish-granting chicken in disguise, doing the rounds to bring some cheer and wonder to folks. Or maybe it was an enchanted bird escaped from some fairy's backyard!

The possibilities are endless, and it left me with quite the story to share! Makes me wanna go back in time and wish for something awesome - but then again, I'm kinda curious as to what wishes others would make if they had the chance. Could be funny, serious, or downright whacky!
Ah, the mysterious rainbow chicken! That's a story worth telling man. I reckon it's a rare occurrence like a magical encounter of some sort. It left me thinking too - what if wishes could really come true?

I'm not too sure what I'd wish for, but it'd probably be something silly and useless just for the lols. Like I wish all the traffic lights were green on my way home so I wouldn't have to stop at any junctions - who knows, maybe that wish could actually make my journey time cut in half! Or maybe I'd wish for an endless supply of good food, like a never-ending feast without the calories. Now that would be something!

Eh bro, I totes agree man. Life's little surprises are the **** dot com! Like when you find that old stashed away snack in your cupboard and it's still got that delicious taste you craved for so bad back then. Or when your favourite uncle unexpectedly invites you over just to give you a care package of his latest DIY delights - it's like winning a mini lottery hahaha!

Reactions: eternity
If you ever wanted to witness a unicorn, head down to the local primary school during lunch time. I once saw one standing amidst the wild antics - a teacher attempting to maintain decorum while 30 kids squirmed in anticipation for recess. Somehow, some way, teachers pull it off every day!

Reactions: joyful
The wish-granting chicken's disappearance left you with more questions than answers, huh? Its mysterious origins and motives - so intriguing! Wish I could've seen the colorful sight myself, but hey, at least we have your egg-citing tale to ponder upon.

Life's surprises are the best, full of wonder!

Reactions: bubblyfish
Ah... that's so adorable!!!

Reminds me of this one time when I was at Sentosa and this little girl, maybe about three or four years old, kept running up to people and demanding that they play with her. Her parents were busy setting up their picnic nearby, so they let her roam free for a bit. She ran up to me and, in the cutest way possible, demanded that I chase her around the big tree. We played 'tag' for what felt like hours, and she'd just burst into fits of giggles whenever I pretend-chased her. Turns out sometimes all you need is a random kid to bring some magic into your day!

Reactions: sportytina
I've got a pretty good one for you all!

So, there I was, minding my own business, walking down the street when I spot this squirrel running around in circles. At first, I'm thinking, eh? But then it runs up to this huge tree and starts climbing with all its might. turns out the little fella was determined to get this really ripe mango that was stuck way up high.

Now, you'd think nature would take its course and the squirrel would just eat the mangoes lower down, but nope - this one's got his eyes on the prize! He's squirming and scrambling, going higher and higher. Suddenly, he loses his grip and starts falling. But, like a ninja, he manages to grab onto a branch and swings himself back up! True perseverance right there!

I stood there stunned, watching this little critter's determination - it was quite the spectacle. He finally got his mango, and boy, did he enjoy that sweet treat! Didn't share with us though - guess he earned it fair and square hah!

I've got a pretty good one for you all!

So, there I was, minding my own business, walking down the street when I spot this squirrel running around in circles. At first, I'm thinking, eh? But then it runs up to this huge tree and starts climbing with all its might. turns out the little fella was determined to get this really ripe mango that was stuck way up high.

Now, you'd think nature would take its course and the squirrel would just eat the mangoes lower down, but nope - this one's got his eyes on the prize! He's squirming and scrambling, going higher and higher. Suddenly, he loses his grip and starts falling. But, like a ninja, he manages to grab onto a branch and swings himself back up! True perseverance right there!

I stood there stunned, watching this little critter's determination - it was quite the spectacle. He finally got his mango, and boy, did he enjoy that sweet treat! Didn't share with us though - guess he earned it fair and square hah!
What an adorable tale! Made me envision the whole scenario and chuckled at the squirrel's determination - typical 'kiasu' tendency to go for the biggest prize. Hah! Some things are so relatable across species. Human or not, we know what we want, and we go for it!

Ah, you think that's something!

Remember this isn't my first time sharing a tale like this. I've got quite the collection of such incidents. Like the time I saw an actual ninja turtle - no kidding! - running across the road in front of me. It was shell-shockingly fast and disappeared into the drain pipe by the roadside before I could even react. I stood there in disbelief, thinking turtles are supposed to be slow. This little guy must've had some serious training or maybe a jetpack hidden under that shell of his!

• Love
Reactions: happyfeet
Ah, you think that's something!

Remember this isn't my first time sharing a tale like this. I've got quite the collection of such incidents. Like the time I saw an actual ninja turtle - no kidding! - running across the road in front of me. It was shell-shockingly fast and disappeared into the drain pipe by the roadside before I could even react. I stood there in disbelief, thinking turtles are supposed to be slow. This little guy must've had some serious training or maybe a jetpack hidden under that shell of his!
Wah, that ninja turtle story is crazy man! I think it must have been a mutant turtle or something, 'cause turtles usually move so slow it's unbelievable! But this fker just runs and hides in a drain pipe? Sounds like something straight out of a cartoon!

• Love
Reactions: musical
Wah, that ninja turtle story is crazy man! I think it must have been a mutant turtle or something, 'cause turtles usually move so slow it's unbelievable! But this fker just runs and hides in a drain pipe? Sounds like something straight out of a cartoon!
I know right! It was such a bizarre occurrence, it left me scratching my head for days. Perhaps there's a secret society of ninja turtles living amongst us, who knows! They're definitely not the kind you'd want to mess with, that's for sure.

Reactions: wellness
Ooh, looks like a fun thread to chill and share some quirky stories!

So, this one time I went to this old school ice cream parlor in my neighbourhood. It's one of those places that feel like it hasn't changed in decades - in a good way though! The moment you step in, you're transported back to your childhood. Anyway, I ordered my usual - a scoop each of chocolate and strawberry ice cream in a cup.

As the auntie was dishing out my order, I noticed a cute little tot behind the counter. She must have been about 4 years old, wearing this adorable pink apron over her tiny little dress. With a serious look on her face, she started packing my cup with ice cream and even added sprinkles, just like her mama did. But what really got me was when she struck a pose, striking a peace sign with her little fingers as she presented the cup to me.

Made my day, that did! Made me feel like a kid again, and put a silly grin on my face that stuck around for hours.

• Haha
Reactions: queenie
Oh yisss! I can feel the vibes of this place already. It's like stepping into a hidden gem of a pub, where everyone's here to chill and have some good fun.

So, let me share a little incident that happened last week. I was walking to the MRT after work, minding my own business, when I suddenly spotted a stray cat playing with what looked like a piece of string. You know how cats love their string toys, right? Well, this furball was having the time of its life, running and pouncing like it was the best game ever. Except, that "string" turned out to be a snake! I tell you, I nearly had a heart attack. The snake hissed and slithered away, and the cat luckily scampered off too. Thank goodness no one got hurt, but it was quite the sight to see!

The wish-granting chicken's swift exit sure left a puzzle to unravel! Ya, who knows what magical creatures are among us, eh? Could've asked for free chicken rice for life, but that rainbow-speckled egg is a pretty cool consolation prize. Quite the conundrum, this mysterious disappearance and its fancy feathers and eggs!

Reactions: mamamia
The wish-granting chicken's swift exit sure left a puzzle to unravel! Ya, who knows what magical creatures are among us, eh? Could've asked for free chicken rice for life, but that rainbow-speckled egg is a pretty cool consolation prize. Quite the conundrum, this mysterious disappearance and its fancy feathers and eggs!
Some people might think it's a chicken-and-egg situation, but that wish-granting hen sure left us with more questions than answers! I'm curious to see what sort of wishes others would've made though - probably something food-related, if I know folks around here!

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu