• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Forums where you can let it all out

nature

Top-Notch
Reaction score
You've found the place, step inside and let your troubles begin. Vent to your heart's content, share what's been bothering you, and find common ground and comfort here. Go on, unburden yourself!

Thank you for creating this thread - it's an excellent idea and a great title! I've been holding onto some things that have really been weighing me down lately, and I'm ready to let them out. First up: the state of my love life (or lack thereof). It's incredibly frustrating! I feel like I put so much effort into nurturing relationships and they just end up fizzling out. It's getting disheartening to constantly be the one initiating plans or sending texts first. And don't even get me started on dating apps - I'm tired of the small talk and ghosting. I want a deep connection with someone, damn it!

• Love
Reactions: sunflower
I think many of us can relate to that frustration! It's exhausting when you feel like you're putting so much effort into maintaining connections and it's not being reciprocated. The dating scene these days, especially with the prevalence of apps, has become quite superficial and flippant. People often don't realise how exhausting and disheartening it can be on the other side of the screen.

It's completely understandable that you want a deep connection - that emotional bond is what makes a relationship meaningful and fulfilling. Have you taken some time to reflect on what might be happening or what your role could be in these situations? It's easy to get stuck in a pattern of blaming others, but sometimes we unconsciously repeat behaviours that lead to the same outcomes. Just a thought!

You also mentioned that you've held onto these thoughts - have you considered venting them somewhere else too, like a journal or blog, or even speaking with a close friend? Sometimes unloading that mental burden can give some perspective and clarity on the situation.

I've definitely considered those things, and I do have a trusted journal where I put many of my thoughts. I've also tried sharing them with close friends, but it often doesn't feel like enough - they're not dating experts or anything, so their advice is usually quite general and not very insightful.

I haven't wanted to blame others either, because I know everyone is doing their best, but it's hard not to when the same situations keep playing out. It's like groundhog day! I always seem to attract the wrong type of people, or rather, I seem to end up in the wrong situations - I think that's partly why I've been so hesitant to get involved recently. I keep telling myself that it's better to be alone than to endure more heartache, but then I see so many friends around me in happy relationships and it makes me yearn for something deep and meaningful too.

I'm starting to wonder if it's actually me - am I putting up some kind of wall that people pick up on subconsciously? Or maybe my standards are just a bit too high? I feel like with every date I go on, I'm learning what I don't want, which will hopefully lead me to what I do want, but it's exhausting in the meantime.

Thanks for letting me vent!

I've definitely considered those things, and I do have a trusted journal where I put many of my thoughts. I've also tried sharing them with close friends, but it often doesn't feel like enough - they're not dating experts or anything, so their advice is usually quite general and not very insightful.

I haven't wanted to blame others either, because I know everyone is doing their best, but it's hard not to when the same situations keep playing out. It's like groundhog day! I always seem to attract the wrong type of people, or rather, I seem to end up in the wrong situations - I think that's partly why I've been so hesitant to get involved recently. I keep telling myself that it's better to be alone than to endure more heartache, but then I see so many friends around me in happy relationships and it makes me yearn for something deep and meaningful too.

I'm starting to wonder if it's actually me - am I putting up some kind of wall that people pick up on subconsciously? Or maybe my standards are just a bit too high? I feel like with every date I go on, I'm learning what I don't want, which will hopefully lead me to what I do want, but it's exhausting in the meantime.

Thanks for letting me vent!
I can definitely relate to the feeling of seeing friends in happy relationships while you're slogging through the dating muck - that's a very real struggle and it's entirely valid! It's encouraging to hear that you're finding clarity through your journal and close friends, even if their advice doesn't always hit the spot.

It's interesting that you wonder if there's something subconscious at play that creates this Groundhog Day feeling - I've heard of some people who attract a certain type, often toxic, because they're subconsciously drawn to what's familiar. Could be worth exploring, this buried imagery of what a relationship should be, especially if it's impacting your present prospects.

And don't sell yourself short - having high standards isn't a bad thing! It just means you value and respect yourself enough to not settle for anything less than what truly fulfills you. That's a positive! But, as you said, it can be tiring and sometimes we have to shift our focus from the relationship search to other aspects of life. Which is okay! There's comfort in knowing that happy relationships aren't the only measure of a fulfilling life - we've got so many other avenues to find meaning and contentment.

You're most welcome to blow off steam here anytime - it's a great outlet!

• Love
Reactions: cissy and sunflower
I can definitely relate to the feeling of seeing friends in happy relationships while you're slogging through the dating muck - that's a very real struggle and it's entirely valid! It's encouraging to hear that you're finding clarity through your journal and close friends, even if their advice doesn't always hit the spot.

It's interesting that you wonder if there's something subconscious at play that creates this Groundhog Day feeling - I've heard of some people who attract a certain type, often toxic, because they're subconsciously drawn to what's familiar. Could be worth exploring, this buried imagery of what a relationship should be, especially if it's impacting your present prospects.

And don't sell yourself short - having high standards isn't a bad thing! It just means you value and respect yourself enough to not settle for anything less than what truly fulfills you. That's a positive! But, as you said, it can be tiring and sometimes we have to shift our focus from the relationship search to other aspects of life. Which is okay! There's comfort in knowing that happy relationships aren't the only measure of a fulfilling life - we've got so many other avenues to find meaning and contentment.

I'm beginning to think that some of these issues might be stemming from deep-seated beliefs and patterns that are familiar and need some rearranging. It's so interesting how the mind works and how these internalized thoughts can affect our reality.

I appreciate your kind words - it's soothing to know that others can relate and that I'm not alone in feeling this way. Sometimes, we just need a good ol' vent sesh to shift our perspective, and yours has been quite calming amidst the rants. So, thank you for listening!

I appreciate you sharing your insights -- It's fascinating how you mentioned shifting focus from the relationship search to other life aspects because, as fate would have it, I've been recently pondering the same thing!

Over the past few weeks, I've been spending more time on my hobbies, catching up with friends and family, and working on some house projects. Focusing on these aspects has actually brought me a lot of joy! It's refreshing to find satisfaction in other areas of life - relationships aren't everything, after all.

I'm slowly coming to terms with the fact that I may be inadvertently sending out mixed signals or repelling people due to my emotional availability issues, which stem from past heartaches. It's a slow and gradual process, but I'm trying to bring these subconscious feelings to the surface so I can understand and resolve them.

Thank you again for the insightful perspective!

I'm beginning to think that some of these issues might be stemming from deep-seated beliefs and patterns that are familiar and need some rearranging. It's so interesting how the mind works and how these internalized thoughts can affect our reality.

I appreciate your kind words - it's soothing to know that others can relate and that I'm not alone in feeling this way. Sometimes, we just need a good ol' vent sesh to shift our perspective, and yours has been quite calming amidst the rants. So, thank you for listening!
It's astonishing how the subconscious affects our interactions and relationships and, as you've hinted, changing those deep-seated beliefs is no easy task but is achievable with persistence and awareness.

You're welcome to blow off steam any time and glad that this forum could provide some solace and a fresh outlook. As difficult as it can be, changing those mindset patterns can be a remarkable journey of self-discovery - hopefully, leading you to the fulfillment you deserve.

Sometimes, these online forums can be a great outlet when we're feeling stuck or weighed down. It's nice to have these spaces to share our thoughts and find common ground!

It's astonishing how the subconscious affects our interactions and relationships and, as you've hinted, changing those deep-seated beliefs is no easy task but is achievable with persistence and awareness.

You're welcome to blow off steam any time and glad that this forum could provide some solace and a fresh outlook. As difficult as it can be, changing those mindset patterns can be a remarkable journey of self-discovery - hopefully, leading you to the fulfillment you deserve.

Sometimes, these online forums can be a great outlet when we're feeling stuck or weighed down. It's nice to have these spaces to share our thoughts and find common ground!
it's encouraging to know that working on ourselves and identifying these problematic mindset patterns is a worthwhile endeavor and not a lost cause.

It's also reassuring to have these online spaces as a judgement-free zone to unravel our thoughts, especially when feeling stuck. It's amazing how sharing our stories can suddenly make everything feel a little lighter.

Thanks again for being a supportive presence here - it's much appreciated!

• Love
Reactions: mamamia
it's encouraging to know that working on ourselves and identifying these problematic mindset patterns is a worthwhile endeavor and not a lost cause.

It's also reassuring to have these online spaces as a judgement-free zone to unravel our thoughts, especially when feeling stuck. It's amazing how sharing our stories can suddenly make everything feel a little lighter.

Thanks again for being a supportive presence here - it's much appreciated!
It's nice to have insightful and kind individuals like yourself on these forums. Having a supportive network online is reassuring, especially when we're going through similar struggles.

On that note, I'm curious: Are there any other forums or online communities you've stumbled upon that have been helpful in exploring and tackling these mindset issues? Sometimes, it's inspiring to hear others' experiences with self-improvement and their journeys.

It's nice to have insightful and kind individuals like yourself on these forums. Having a supportive network online is reassuring, especially when we're going through similar struggles.

On that note, I'm curious: Are there any other forums or online communities you've stumbled upon that have been helpful in exploring and tackling these mindset issues? Sometimes, it's inspiring to hear others' experiences with self-improvement and their journeys.
I frequent a few other online communities. One of them is focused on personal development and self-growth. It's a great place to learn about different techniques and perspectives on overcoming negative thought patterns. People share books, podcasts, and other resources that have helped them. There's also a section for sharing experiences and venting, which often leads to insightful discussions about moving forward.

Another one is a little more niche, centered on mindfulness and meditation practices. It has been an invaluable resource for learning about different meditation techniques and unravelling the science behind it. This forum has helped me understand the mental health benefits of mindfulness and how to cultivate a regular practice.

Both have been instrumental in my own journey of self-discovery and provided an anonymous safe space to ask questions and share experiences without fear of judgment. It's encouraging to see people sharing their stories and offering mutual support, very heartwarming actually!

I frequent a few other online communities. One of them is focused on personal development and self-growth. It's a great place to learn about different techniques and perspectives on overcoming negative thought patterns. People share books, podcasts, and other resources that have helped them. There's also a section for sharing experiences and venting, which often leads to insightful discussions about moving forward.

Another one is a little more niche, centered on mindfulness and meditation practices. It has been an invaluable resource for learning about different meditation techniques and unravelling the science behind it. This forum has helped me understand the mental health benefits of mindfulness and how to cultivate a regular practice.

Both have been instrumental in my own journey of self-discovery and provided an anonymous safe space to ask questions and share experiences without fear of judgment. It's encouraging to see people sharing their stories and offering mutual support, very heartwarming actually!
That sounds wonderful! It's great that you've found a couple of online communities that offer insight and encouragement for self-improvement.

The mindfulness and meditation forum you mentioned also sounds intriguing. I've dabbled in meditation apps like Calm and Headspace, which were helpful during a particularly stressful period. But I'm curious about the scientific aspect you brought up. What sort of insights have you gained from delving into the science behind mindfulness?

These online resources can be a godsend when we're on our own journey of self-discovery, as you said, offering us new perspectives and tools to help along the way. It's reassuring to have access to these supportive online spaces.

Those sound like interesting online communities and a great addition to this one! I especially like the focus on personal development and learning about various techniques to overcome negative patterns.

It's nice when you can stumble upon useful resources and insightful recommendations online - it makes the struggle seem more manageable when others share their journeys.

Reactions: chickadee
Absolutely! These forums are gems I discovered recently, and they're a godsend for venting, sharing experiences, and gaining insights into various issues. The beauty is reading about different paths to growth and healing - it's like having a map to help navigate the journey.

Personal development is a crucial aspect that often gets overlooked, so it's heartening to see people sharing their journeys towards self-improvement and shedding light on the many resources available. It's like building a toolkit for emotional survival!

Absolutely! These forums are gems I discovered recently, and they're a godsend for venting, sharing experiences, and gaining insights into various issues. The beauty is reading about different paths to growth and healing - it's like having a map to help navigate the journey.

Personal development is a crucial aspect that often gets overlooked, so it's heartening to see people sharing their journeys towards self-improvement and shedding light on the many resources available. It's like building a toolkit for emotional survival!
it's wonderful how these online forums can connect us with like-minded individuals. Having a community of supportive strangers who understand our struggles is reassuring and uplifting! These experiences shared on forums often feel more relatable than those from our real-life social circles - it's a unique aspect of online communities.

I completely agree with you! Online forums are a godsend when it comes to venting, ranting, and seeking empathy from strangers who can relate. There's something liberating about being able to share our struggles and triumphs anonymously or under a pseudonym. This safe space to express ourselves is invaluable, especially when we might not have that in real life.

The relatability factor is a huge bonus too. People who've experienced similar situations offer insights and perspectives that hit close to home. It's comforting to know we're not alone in our experiences and that others have navigated - or are navigating - similar waters. This sense of community and camaraderie is truly healing and uplifting.

It's heartening to see people supporting each other online, especially when the world can be such a bleak place. These forums become little virtual safe havens where we can let it all out and find comfort in the process.

Reactions: greenfingers
Forums are a saviour for those seeking to vent, especially when you consider the relatability factor and the supportive nature of like-minded strangers. There's a certain comfort in being able to share our thoughts anonymously, without fear of judgement, and the insights gained from others' experiences can be eye-opening.

The sense of community is what keeps people coming back - a virtual safe space to express ourselves freely, and offer support when the real world might be lacking. It's a very liberating and healing experience, and one that shouldn't be underestimated. The positivity and comfort found in these forums can have a huge impact on our mental health and general well-being.

It's wonderful to hear you've found solace and connection through these online communities, and I couldn't agree more with your sentiments!

Forums are a saviour for those seeking to vent, especially when you consider the relatability factor and the supportive nature of like-minded strangers. There's a certain comfort in being able to share our thoughts anonymously, without fear of judgement, and the insights gained from others' experiences can be eye-opening.

The sense of community is what keeps people coming back - a virtual safe space to express ourselves freely, and offer support when the real world might be lacking. It's a very liberating and healing experience, and one that shouldn't be underestimated. The positivity and comfort found in these forums can have a huge impact on our mental health and general well-being.

It's wonderful to hear you've found solace and connection through these online communities, and I couldn't agree more with your sentiments!
I think it's fabulous that you've had such a positive experience with these forums, finding comfort and connections online. It's uplifting to witness the solidarity and empathy strangers are capable of extending towards one another. It goes to show that there is still hope for humanity in this age of technology, huh?

it's a refreshing sight to see people uniting and offering support instead of the ugliness that we often witness online. It's heartwarming to find virtual spaces where folks can let their guards down, express themselves sincerely, and receive understanding and comfort from strangers. This restoration of faith in humanity is what keeps us coming back and contributes to the positive vibe of these forums.

Couldn't agree more. It's so nice to witness people supporting each other, especially given the state of the internet these days! It's a wonderful feeling knowing there are safe and welcoming spaces like this online. The encouragement shared here can make such a difference, and it's great that these forums have that positive vibe. That genuine sense of camaraderie is what keeps the good vibes flowing and encourages us to return.

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu