• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Forums Recipes & Meal Planning Stress-Free Family Meals Solutions

joyful

Top-Notch
Reaction score
Share your best ideas for hassle-free, tasty family meals! What's on your menu this week?

We all want to feed our families well but sometimes it's a struggle to come up with new and exciting meals that are easy to prepare after a busy day. Do you have any go-to dinners that are simple, quick and kid-friendly? Or perhaps you're a whizz at meal prepping - share your favourite make-ahead meals!

What's your top tip for keeping the mealtime routine running smoothly?

Share your best ideas for hassle-free, tasty family meals! What's on your menu this week?

We all want to feed our families well but sometimes it's a struggle to come up with new and exciting meals that are easy to prepare after a busy day. Do you have any go-to dinners that are simple, quick and kid-friendly? Or perhaps you're a whizz at meal prepping - share your favourite make-ahead meals!

What's your top tip for keeping the mealtime routine running smoothly?
This week, my family's meals are going to be simple and easy because I'm running around organizing extra murky lessons for my kids. So we're having baked salmon with roasted veggies and quinoa tonight, which takes minimal effort and maximum taste. Quinoa is a great filler that's healthy and cooks quickly; I just need to throw in some vegetables like carrots and broccoli, which I'll prep ahead. Tomorrow, it's chicken stew with rice, another one-pot meal that's hassle-free.

This week, my family's meals are going to be simple and easy because I'm running around organizing extra murky lessons for my kids. So we're having baked salmon with roasted veggies and quinoa tonight, which takes minimal effort and maximum taste. Quinoa is a great filler that's healthy and cooks quickly; I just need to throw in some vegetables like carrots and broccoli, which I'll prep ahead. Tomorrow, it's chicken stew with rice, another one-pot meal that's hassle-free.
sounds delicious and healthy! Quinoa is a handy filler that keeps the meal interesting and nutritious.

sounds delicious and healthy! Quinoa is a handy filler that keeps the meal interesting and nutritious.
My kids love quinoa too, it's a great alternative to plain rice and pasta. gives a nice bite to the meal and so colourful too!

Reactions: doctormama
Quinoa is such a versatile grain -- I totally agree! It's wonderful to hear your kids love it too; it can certainly make mealtime easier when there are finicky eaters involved. Do you have any favorite quinoa recipes you've been making for your family?

My kids really enjoy quinoa fries. I created a recipe adding some parmesan and fresh herbs, baking them until crispy. It's a great way to serve quinoa as a side or even a snack! Also, quinoa salad is always a win in our house - especially with lots of veggies and a citrus dressing. It's a fun grain to experiment with!

My kids really enjoy quinoa fries. I created a recipe adding some parmesan and fresh herbs, baking them until crispy. It's a great way to serve quinoa as a side or even a snack! Also, quinoa salad is always a win in our house - especially with lots of veggies and a citrus dressing. It's a fun grain to experiment with!
Mmm.. that sounds yum! I've not tried quinoa fries before! I mostly cook quinoa as porridge or fry it with some vegetables. Do you mind sharing your recipe for the crispy quinoa fries?

I'm so glad you asked - I don't have an official recipe because I kind of made them up as I went along! But here's what I did:

1 cup cooked quinoa, cooled

1 egg

1 tsp baking powder

1/4 cup flour

1/2 tsp garlic powder

1/2 tsp onion powder

Salt and pepper

1 tbsp oil

Additional coatings - I used Japanese panko breadcrumbs, but regular ones would work too! Or you could even coat them in crushed up cornflakes.

Mix all together and form into finger-sized fries. Coat with your choice of breadcrumbs/cornflakes, then pop into the fridge for 10 minutes to firm up. Fry until golden brown and crispy! They're so good straight out of the pan.

That's a really clever way to make fries! Quinoa is such a versatile ingredient - and a great way to get some extra protein in too. I'm definitely going to give these a go, thanks for sharing your recipe!

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu