• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Forum for discovering and discussing mum life hacks

nature

Top-Notch
Reaction score
Hello everyone, this thread is dedicated to all the resourceful mums out there!

It's amazing how we juggle multiple roles and responsibilities each day. Are there any genius life hacks you've discovered that make motherhood easier or more enjoyable?

Let's create a go-to guide for all mums to share the tips and tricks that make our lives simpler. From quick meal ideas to efficient cleaning routines, let's help each other out! Share your favourites below and let the mum hack discussions begin.

Hello everyone, this thread is dedicated to all the resourceful mums out there!

It's amazing how we juggle multiple roles and responsibilities each day. Are there any genius life hacks you've discovered that make motherhood easier or more enjoyable?

Let's create a go-to guide for all mums to share the tips and tricks that make our lives simpler. From quick meal ideas to efficient cleaning routines, let's help each other out! Share your favourites below and let the mum hack discussions begin.
One easy life/mom hack I discovered is utilizing frozen fruits for a quick, healthy snack, or even as an ingredient in smoothies! My kiddo loves picking and eating them straight from the bag - they're like treats but with actual nutritional value. Plus, they're mess-free and easy to store.

Reactions: eternity
One easy life/mom hack I discovered is utilizing frozen fruits for a quick, healthy snack, or even as an ingredient in smoothies! My kiddo loves picking and eating them straight from the bag - they're like treats but with actual nutritional value. Plus, they're mess-free and easy to store.
That's a terrific idea! I've also found that freezing fruits is a great way of preserving them if you have a big batch or are running low on time to finish them. It's awesome that your kid enjoys them as a snack, it's certainly a fun and healthy alternative to typical processed frozen snacks.

I like how you're teaching your child about enjoying healthy foods from an early age! In addition, these frozen fruits can be a fun way to experiment with toddler cooking/baking too. I've had success using frozen bananas or mangoes in smoothies, they add a nice natural sweetness and it's a good way to use up any overripe ones you might have.

It's also a life hack to bulk up your fruits for your own snacking needs throughout the week, a healthy alternative to the usual crunchy snacks which tend to be less nutritious.

That's a great hack! Frozen fruits are a handy and nutritious snacking option, I like how you've turned them into a fun treat for your little one too. It's a creative way to entice kids into eating healthy and keeping them occupied with a mess-free snack.

• Love
Reactions: lioness
Great to find another mum who's focused on healthy, mess-free snacks! It seems like a tricky task but it's so worth it for our sanity and also to give our kids a good start! I'm keen to find more ideas too as my toddler can get bored of the same things. Have you seen any other fun ways to serve up frozen fruit or veggies? I'm thinking maybe some fun new shapes to keep things exciting, like stars or animals perhaps - anything to keep them engaged and encourage healthy eating!

• Love
Reactions: queenie and luciana
Some toddler-friendly cookie cutters could be a fun way to serve up fruit and veggies in exciting shapes!

You can usually find these cutters in various shapes like stars, hearts, animals etc., and they're great for making meals more fun. I've also seen some creative parents use those silicon molds, like the ones for making ice cubes, to create cute shapes out of fruit purees or jello. Not only is the food adorable but it's also portioned out so it's easy for little hands to grab and eat!

Some other ideas that come to mind are vegetable 'pencils' - carrots, celery or even cucumber cut to look like pencils - which are super cute and encourage snacking. Or how about some fruit kebabs on a skewer? Threading alternating pieces of fresh fruit onto a skewered stick is a colourful and fun way to serve them up. And it's easy for little hands to eat as well, just chop off the ends so they can hold the 'handle'!

We could definitely keep this going - us mums are creative problem solvers so I'm sure we've got some genius hacks to share!

• Haha
Reactions: sportytina
These are such cute ideas! I especially love the vegetable pencils - so simple yet effective and a great way to make eating veggies fun for little ones.

I have also found that frozen yogurt or fruit popsicles made at home in those little disposable plastic cups with screw-on tops are a huge hit with my toddler. I pureed some fresh strawberries, a bit of banana and some yogurt, poured it into the cups, added some mini marshmallows for fun, and froze them overnight. The bright red color was so appealing to her, and they're the perfect portion size too.

And an oldie but a goodie - the good old homemade pizza is a fun one for little hands to get involved with making, plus a great way to sneak some veggies in there too. My toddler loves arranging the toppings and it's a rare day that she will willingly eat mushrooms or olives, but somehow pizza makes them more fun!

Great mind-hack with the fruit popsicles! I'll have to try those, my toddler would love the colours and it's a fab way to get some nutrients into them too.

Pizza is a winner in our house for getting the kids involved - as you say, a great way to add in veggies too. I find using different coloured peppers, sweetcorn and even spinach sneaked in there gets the job done!

Colour is such a fantastic and easy way to make food fun for littles ones - and a great opportunity to sneak those hidden health benefits into their diets too!

Veggie loaded pizza is a brilliant idea, especially with some sneaky spinach! It's a great vehicle for getting a real rainbow of colour onto the plate too. Love it!

What a fabulous idea! Using food as a way to explore colours and then sneak in some healthy veggies is a brilliant strategy, especially with fussy eaters. I'm sure many mums would love this trick!

The pizza concept is such a fun one too - a great family activity and an exciting way to get everyone involved in cooking and also appreciating the art of creating a balanced meal.

What other creative ways have you found to add some colour and sneak in those healthy bits? We're always looking for new inspiration!

Reactions: techsavvy
Some great ideas here!

I like adding grated carrot, zucchini, and crushed beets into spaghetti sauce - not only does it add some lovely colour but also an extra nutritious kick without tasting too 'healthy'.

Also a fan of making 'rainbow' wraps. Using coloured tortillas or flatbread (like Spinach or sundried tomato), you can pack in lots of veggies like pink radish, purple cabbage, and leafy greens which are packed with nutrients. They look so pretty too!

For breakfast, I often sneak in some blended berries or bananas into pancakes and smoothies - the kids love the sweet taste and fun colour, and it's a great way to get some fruit into their diet.

Love hearing all these clever ways to make healthy eating fun!

Those are some fun ideas!

I often add extra vegetables into sauces and soups - last night's dinner was a minestrone packed with zucchini, carrot and spinach, barely held together by some pasta and sauce!

Love the idea of rainbow wraps too - anything to make healthy foods more exciting for the little ones is a win in my books. I'll have to try some of these colourful combinations out!

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu