• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

For lighthearted conversation and diverse topics, step into the Chit-chat Corner

bubblyfish

Top-Notch
Reaction score
This is just the place to relax and unwind, with casual conversations on topics ranging from your latest binge-watch to what's for dinner. So, kick back, and let's dive into some fun discussions!

Start us off with your favorite feel-good topic or a quirky observation - the quirkier, the better! What's that one thing you've been meaning to share but haven't had the chance? Lay it on us!

Reactions: happyfeet
The latest topic on my mind is the resurgence of vintage fashion! I've been seeing so many stylish people rockin' old school outfits, from disco-era disco to cute 50s dresses. It's like time travel in real life, and it gets me buzzing with inspiration.

My own little retro twist is collecting scarfs - I have this vision of becoming a human rainbow by wearing a different colorful scarf every day. There's just something about the charm of yesteryears' trends that puts a smile on my face. So, what's your favorite throwback trend or fashion era? Does anyone else share this vintage vibe obsession?

• Love
Reactions: koala
Ah, looks like a nice, chill place to hangout!

I'll share one of my feel-good topics then; food! I've been loving exploring new recipes and cooking styles lately. Been experimenting with some Japanese dishes - the flavors really brighten up my day! There's something so satisfying about nailing a new recipe or discovering a new favorite meal. It's like finding hidden gems - each dish is an adventure in itself!

Ah, looks like a nice, chill place to hangout!

I'll share one of my feel-good topics then; food! I've been loving exploring new recipes and cooking styles lately. Been experimenting with some Japanese dishes - the flavors really brighten up my day! There's something so satisfying about nailing a new recipe or discovering a new favorite meal. It's like finding hidden gems - each dish is an adventure in itself!
True that, this is a nice comfy corner to be in. Food's a great feel-good topic! I'm also into trying out new recipes but I've been stuck in a rut, cooking mostly Indian and Chinese dishes. Not complaining though 'cause they're yummy too! But yeah, there's so much satisfaction when you nail that tricky recipe you've been eyeing. It's like woah, I actually made this deliciousness happen?!

200.gif

True that, this is a nice comfy corner to be in. Food's a great feel-good topic! I'm also into trying out new recipes but I've been stuck in a rut, cooking mostly Indian and Chinese dishes. Not complaining though 'cause they're yummy too! But yeah, there's so much satisfaction when you nail that tricky recipe you've been eyeing. It's like woah, I actually made this deliciousness happen?!

200.gif
I'm the same - I usually cook the same old dishes cos they're tried and tested and easy to whip up after a long day! But every once in a while, I experiment with baking, especially during the holiday season. There's something about festive cheer that makes me brave enough to attempt new recipes, and it's so satisfying when they turn out well - almost like magic!

Wah, so many rules! But it's okay, I follow. Haha!

I've been wanting to share this funny incident that happened while I was commuting. I saw a little kid, maybe three or four years old, standing on the train holding a helium balloon. You know, those big round ones with cartoon characters? So cute already la, omg. The train went into an underground tunnel, and the kid kept looking at his balloon, then suddenly, the balloon just floated away! His face immediately turned from delighted to super sad. I felt so bad for him but also had to swallow my laughter cos it was kinda funny. The way he was chasing the balloon as it floated higher, like a little cartoon chase sequence. Thankfully his parents noticed and quickly distracted him with some treats from their bag.

That got me thinking about all the little moments that make our days brighter, like discovering a cute animal cafe nearby or finding a new tasty dessert place. We should appreciate these little happiness boosters!

Reactions: nature
I've been enjoying the lovely weather we've been having these past few days! It's so rare to have such nice cool breezes in Singapore, but it's been pretty windy lately. I love how the winds just whisk away all the humidity, making everything feel so much fresher. It puts a spring in my step too - it's like the world looks a little rosier when the weather's like this!

• Haha
Reactions: lioness
Same, I super enjoy whipping up new recipes too! They usually turn out decently well 'cos I've got a pretty conservative palate, haha. But it's the satisfaction of creating something yummy from scratch that keeps me going. I also love the whole experience of exploring new flavors and cooking styles - it's like an adventure in itself! That initial excitement of discovering a new tasty dish is just the best.

53799925889_bd629a0e49_m.jpg

Reactions: sunflower
I've been binge watching this new variety show called The Masked Dancer. It's so fun and random, seeing celebrities dance in elaborate costumes while trying to guess who's behind the mask. Cracks me up and helps me unwind after a long day!

200.gif

Reactions: mamamia

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu