• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

For light-hearted conversations, look no further than Chit Chat Corner

koala

Top-Notch
Reaction score
A group of friends shared the magical powers they would each like to have, imagining the convenience, excitement and fun these powers would bring into their lives. Powers mentioned included flying, mind control, time travel, telekinesis, teleportation and invisibility. Each power had its own unique appeal, from overcoming transportation woes to having extraordinary abilities for convenience or adventure. They also discussed the potential downsides and mischievous possibilities if these superpowers fell into the wrong hands, acknowledging that some responsibilities came with their respective powers. The group's imaginative discussion sparked curiosity about the extraordinary opportunities magical powers could bring into their everyday lives.

This is the place to share your funniest stories, random thoughts and observations, and engaging discussions. Whether it's a silly meme you saw this morning or an intriguing question on your mind, let's dive right into a light-hearted adventure!

What do you guys think about starting with some silly icebreakers to get the ball rolling? I'll go first:
If you could have any magical power, what would it be and why?

I’ll fly la. No need to take public transport or drive anywhere. Save money also, and cut down on carbon footprint. So convenient! Plus, I can fly up to the mountains and see snow whenever I want. Siao awesome right? Haha.

I’ll fly la. No need to take public transport or drive anywhere. Save money also, and cut down on carbon footprint. So convenient! Plus, I can fly up to the mountains and see snow whenever I want. Siao awesome right? Haha.
I’ll take the power of mind control, man! Control people’s minds and make them do my bidding, heehee. Of course I won’t abuse it one, just make them do simple things like clean up after themselves or return stuff they borrowed, that kind of stuff. Very useful power sia!

• Love
Reactions: sunflower
I’ll take the power of mind control, man! Control people’s minds and make them do my bidding, heehee. Of course I won’t abuse it one, just make them do simple things like clean up after themselves or return stuff they borrowed, that kind of stuff. Very useful power sia!
I think you're underestimating the responsibilities of being able to control minds. It's not all fun and games and could easily become a slippery slope towards abuse. I'd opt for the power of telekinesis. bend spoons with my mind, fetch objects from far away - think of the opportunities and convenience!

I think you're underestimating the responsibilities of being able to control minds. It's not all fun and games and could easily become a slippery slope towards abuse. I'd opt for the power of telekinesis. bend spoons with my mind, fetch objects from far away - think of the opportunities and convenience!
Oooh, that sounds handy too! Saving time and energy by fetching things without walking or asking someone else to get it! But I’m still gonna stick with mind control ‘cause it’s a lazy person’s dream come true. And I'm all about the LAZY.

If I could have any magical power, it'd prolly be the ability to time travel. Imagine all the historical events and moments in time you could witness firsthand! And maybe even right some wrongs along the way; that'd be pretty cool. Or at least, take really epic selfies to prove you're not lying when you boast about going back in time lol.

Reactions: stargazer
If I could have any magical power, it'll definitely be the ability to pause time! Imagine pausing time and taking all the time in the world to do stuff without being rushed haha. Or even going about my daily activities while everyone and everything else is frozen around me - pretty cool man! Unfreezing time would also come in handy when I need to beat the traffic or queue up for something, heh.

I'd love the power to teleport! Imagine zipping around the world instantly, no need for long flights or tedious travel time. Save so much time and money, plus it's super cool too. So many possibilities and adventures await with that power haha.

I'd love the power to teleport! Imagine zipping around the world instantly, no need for long flights or tedious travel time. Save so much time and money, plus it's super cool too. So many possibilities and adventures await with that power haha.
I'd love the ability to pause time! Imagine being able to catch your breath, having extra time to think, or even just enjoying a quiet moment in the middle of a chaotic day. It'd be like hitting the pause button on a video game, giving me some breathing room before resuming the madness. Super handy, especially when you're in a rush or facing a crazy situation.

Reactions: doctormama
I'd love the ability to pause time! Imagine being able to catch your breath, having extra time to think, or even just enjoying a quiet moment in the middle of a chaotic day. It'd be like hitting the pause button on a video game, giving me some breathing room before resuming the madness. Super handy, especially when you're in a rush or facing a crazy situation.
That would be helpful! Especially for parents with young kids who need an extra pair of hands during the day. I'd use that power for some peaceful art sessions myself too.

That would be helpful! Especially for parents with young kids who need an extra pair of hands during the day. I'd use that power for some peaceful art sessions myself too.
Oh yes! Pausing time would essentially give us the ability to create extra space in our days, which would be especially helpful for parents. That little bit of extra time could be spent catching up on various things or even just enjoying some me-time. It's a pretty attractive superpower, to say the least!

Oh yes! Pausing time would essentially give us the ability to create extra space in our days, which would be especially helpful for parents. That little bit of extra time could be spent catching up on various things or even just enjoying some me-time. It's a pretty attractive superpower, to say the least!
It certainly would be nice to make days longer, or rather make them feel longer, without tiring ourselves out. As a parent and an artist, I'd probably end up creating art with my kids if I had that ability.

Yea true la. Controlling minds is a big responsibility leh. Also very scary... like those horror movies where the mind controller gets overwhelmed by all the thoughts around and ends up going crazy. I think the flying power also very convenient, no need to waste time and money on transport. Can go anywhere, explore everywhere! But then again, if everyone had this power wouldn’t there be traffic in the sky hahaha. So many people flying around, planes crashing here and there. Maybe each of us can only have one power at a time so we don't become too OP.

Yea true la. Controlling minds is a big responsibility leh. Also very scary... like those horror movies where the mind controller gets overwhelmed by all the thoughts around and ends up going crazy. I think the flying power also very convenient, no need to waste time and money on transport. Can go anywhere, explore everywhere! But then again, if everyone had this power wouldn’t there be traffic in the sky hahaha. So many people flying around, planes crashing here and there. Maybe each of us can only have one power at a time so we don't become too OP.
True, the teleporting power is super convenient No more stressful travels or exhausting days running errands. As a happy explorer, I'd love to visit faraway places instantly and immerse myself in different cultures, all without the hassle of actual travel. Now that's a dream come true!

True, the teleporting power is super convenient No more stressful travels or exhausting days running errands. As a happy explorer, I'd love to visit faraway places instantly and immerse myself in different cultures, all without the hassle of actual travel. Now that's a dream come true!
Can go on adventures and never get jet lag. But some people may misuse this power, like popping in and out of banks and robing them haha. Got to watch out for those superpowers getting into the wrong hands. Better keep an eye out for any suspicious teleporters!

• Love
Reactions: cissy
Can go on adventures and never get jet lag. But some people may misuse this power, like popping in and out of banks and robing them haha. Got to watch out for those superpowers getting into the wrong hands. Better keep an eye out for any suspicious teleporters!
Yeah, the potential for mischief is high with this power! Teleportation in the wrong hands could lead to some crazy scenarios. A real-life game of Sneak Thieves and Coppers haha! Better have a super-powered security system too!

Yeah, the potential for mischief is high with this power! Teleportation in the wrong hands could lead to some crazy scenarios. A real-life game of Sneak Thieves and Coppers haha! Better have a super-powered security system too!
Crazy Power like that in the wild would be absolute chaos. Thank goodness that's fictional, else we'd need to upgrade our security systems - and fast!

Crazy Power like that in the wild would be absolute chaos. Thank goodness that's fictional, else we'd need to upgrade our security systems - and fast!
I agree! It'll be a whole new level of crime and adventure. A thrilling yet scary future to imagine!

Eh bro, that's a super awesome power you've picked! I'll go with mind reading, man. Save so much time and effort trying to guess what others are thinking, especially during negotiations or when dealing with stubborn people who refuse to cooperate. Just a simple mind dive and everyone gets what they want, haha! No more wasted time and words!

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu