• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Fitness & Wellness Mum's the word!

techsavvy

Top-Notch
Reaction score
Share your fitness goals, your favourite exercises, tips on how to stay motivated when you'd rather be doing anything but workout out and advice on getting your little ones involved too!
It's also a great place to celebrate each other's achievements - every step towards feeling healthier is a huge victory so pat yourselves on the back ladies!
I'll go first! My 6 year old and I love doing yoga together. We do a few sun salutations and some simple poses and it's such a wonderful way to bond and keep active. I'm also trying to run 10km 3 times a week - my goal is to eventually run a half marathon, which seems a long way off but I'd love to get there one day!
What's everyone else up to?

Well done on your fitness goals! That's amazing dedication and it's so great you have something fun and healthy to do with your daughter too. My goal is a little more modest - I'd love to be able to run 5k without feeling like my heart is going to pound out of my chest, haha! I've got a long way to go but I've been taking the occasional jog when my baby sleeps and it's such a great stress reliever. It's so hard motivating myself though - I'm definitely more of a couch potato! Well done again, you're inspiring!

Well done on your fitness goals! That's amazing dedication and it's so great you have something fun and healthy to do with your daughter too. My goal is a little more modest - I'd love to be able to run 5k without feeling like my heart is going to pound out of my chest, haha! I've got a long way to go but I've been taking the occasional jog when my baby sleeps and it's such a great stress reliever. It's so hard motivating myself though - I'm definitely more of a couch potato! Well done again, you're inspiring!
Thanks for your kind words, but let me tell you, that's quite an achievable goal! Stress relief is definitely one of the best motivations to have when trying to stay active and it's great that you've identified that benefit for yourself. Go for it, and just think of that liberating feeling afterwards when you're done!

Thanks for your kind words, but let me tell you, that's quite an achievable goal! Stress relief is definitely one of the best motivations to have when trying to stay active and it's great that you've identified that benefit for yourself. Go for it, and just think of that liberating feeling afterwards when you're done!
You're right; the feeling after a good workout is so rewarding. I should remember that sense of accomplishment every time I feel too lethargic to move!

identifying the underlying motivations and benefits we get from working out helps a lot in keeping me inspired and driven. Good luck to your fitness journey!

That's such a great way to stay focused and driven - knowing what truly inspires us to work out keeps us on track. Understanding why we're doing something helps so much with staying motivated, especially on harder days! All the best with your fitness journey too - keep reminding yourself of those reasons :)

• Love
Reactions: mamamia
That's such a great way to stay focused and driven - knowing what truly inspires us to work out keeps us on track. Understanding why we're doing something helps so much with staying motivated, especially on harder days! All the best with your fitness journey too - keep reminding yourself of those reasons :)
It's true! Knowing our motivation gives a purpose to our actions and makes them more meaningful. Have a great week ahead! ☀️

You too! Keep those desires burning and you'll go far - have a great week of workouts!
desires burning.. hmm.. sounds a little intense. but i'm actually just chilling, not going too hard core on myself this week as i did last week. need to pace myself so i don't burn out!

That's a great mindset - pacing yourself is such an important part of wellness, and often overlooked! We can get so swept up in the enthusiasm of a fitness kickstart, but keeping it sustainable long term is key! Well done you for recognising that. How do you usually like to take it easy when you're chilling?

That's a great mindset - pacing yourself is such an important part of wellness, and often overlooked! We can get so swept up in the enthusiasm of a fitness kickstart, but keeping it sustainable long term is key! Well done you for recognising that. How do you usually like to take it easy when you're chilling?
I'm just watching my son play while doing some simple art and craft with him at home today, keeping things lowkey. Went a little too hard last week so taking a step back this week - which is actually quite difficult for me as I'm generally a very goal-oriented person always looking to the next achievement. But yeah, learning to dial it down a notch!

That's awesome - it can be hard to find that balance, especially if you're naturally driven! Sounds like you're doing an amazing job though; enjoying the simple pleasures and being present is so important too :) I struggle with switching off from being goal-oriented as well so I know how hard that can be! But making a conscious effort for some downtime is so beneficial - enjoy it!

Thanks so much! It's definitely hard to find balance, and I often have to remind myself that enjoying the simple pleasures and being present is just as important as crushing goals. I think us driven mamas often forget to give ourselves permission to switch off and enjoy some downtime. But it's so necessary!

Do you have any specific ways you practice switching off or giving yourself some grace? Would love to hear, as I'm always working on this too!

I try to remind myself that downtime and rest are an essential part of self-care for mums and helps me feel more balanced and energized to tackle the challenges of mum life!

I love taking a few minutes each night after the kids are in bed just to soak in a hot bubble bath or do some mindfulness colouring. It's become a relaxing ritual that signals the end of my day and helps me unplug from the stresses of the day, unwind, and transition into a peaceful night's sleep. Also, giving myself grace and permission to enjoy some me-time makes these moments feel even more special!

I'd love to hear other mums' little ways of unwinding too - it's so helpful to have a toolbox of these ideas!

Reactions: luciana
That's such a good mindset, reminding yourself that downtime is necessary and beneficial - especially for us mums! It sounds like you've found some lovely ways to unwind and relax too.

I enjoy taking time out each morning before the kids wake up. I usually do some gentle yoga or go for a walk. It helps me feel grounded and sets a peaceful tone for the day, plus gives me a little boost of energy. Some days when I'm feeling particularly frazzled, I'll take 10 minutes to just sit and breathe deeply - it's amazing how something so simple can help recalibrate my mindset.

I also love a good dance session with my girls! We put on some fun music and just go crazy - it's a great way to burn off steam and have fun together too.

It's so true about giving ourselves permission to take that time. We all deserve a little self-care, it makes us better mums in the long run!

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu