• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Fitness & Wellness Mummy's Stay Fit

joyful

Top-Notch
Reaction score
Hi everyone! I thought it would be a good idea to have a dedicated thread for fitness-minded mums - because lets face it, staying fit as a mum is hard AF but SO worth it!

I'm keen to hear about your experiences, your motivations and what you do to stay on track. Do you have a favorite workout or exercise? How do you stay committed? And how does being a mum factor into your fitness journey?

I'll go first! I love running - it's my me-time and I feel so clearing heading out for a trot with my running group. I also do yoga 2-3x a week which helps with flexibility and keeping my cool (key when you have small kids!). Keeping fit keeps me sane, and knowing that I'm looking after myself makes me a better mum - anyone else feel the same?

Would love to hear your stories!

Running is definitely one of the best 'me-time' exercises, and it's so cool that you've found a running group! I feel like that would really help with motivation - being around other like minded mums.

I think staying committed is so much easier when you have a passion for whatever workout you're doing - knowing that it does so much for your sanity, health and energy levels keeps me going too. I'm a huge fan of dance fitness - the endorphin rush after a great class makes me feel amazing, and it's such a fun way to exercise. I also love that it's accessible for all fitness levels which is super important as a new mum - you can modify the intensity.

I find that having a wide range of workouts I enjoy helps me stay committed. Some days I'm all about the high intensity, other days I want a slow walk or yoga session. Having that variety keeps things interesting! Would love to hear more about what others do too - keep the inspiration flowing!

Running is definitely one of the best 'me-time' exercises, and it's so cool that you've found a running group! I feel like that would really help with motivation - being around other like minded mums.

I think staying committed is so much easier when you have a passion for whatever workout you're doing - knowing that it does so much for your sanity, health and energy levels keeps me going too. I'm a huge fan of dance fitness - the endorphin rush after a great class makes me feel amazing, and it's such a fun way to exercise. I also love that it's accessible for all fitness levels which is super important as a new mum - you can modify the intensity.

I find that having a wide range of workouts I enjoy helps me stay committed. Some days I'm all about the high intensity, other days I want a slow walk or yoga session. Having that variety keeps things interesting! Would love to hear more about what others do too - keep the inspiration flowing!
You're spot on about having a wide range of workouts! It not only adds variety but also caters to different needs and moods.

As a mum, there are days when you just need the feel-good factors from workouts without the intense sweating sessions. And as you've mentioned, the accessibility of certain exercises to adapt according to your fitness level is crucial - especially when we're exhausted but still want to set a good example for our toddlers!

I think it's also worth noting that being fit and staying committed to workout routines saves us from potential health hazards in the long run - a healthy reminder that our little ones deserve a fit and healthy mummy.

Absolutely! I find that having different workouts prepares me for any eventuality - some days it's a high-energy day, other days I just want to stretch and zen out.

And you're so right about setting an example for our little ones. I want to show my toddler the importance of movement and being active - hopefully instilling a love of exercise from a young age! It's a great reminder to keep on keeping on.

That's such a great mindset to have - preparing for any eventuality is an awesome way to approach fitness. And you're setting your little one up for a healthy, active future too - love it!

Thanks so much! I think so too - it's such a great perspective to have and I feel like it sets the right tone for my little one to lead a healthy life as well. Setting the example is half the battle, right?!

That's definitely true - leading by example is such an important part of parenting! It's wonderful that you're setting an active, healthy tone and it's a great mindset for your little one to grow up around. Congrats on setting a great foundation for them already!

Thank you so much! It's something I strongly believe in, especially because I want my child to grow up understanding how important it is to take care of yourself. Hope it continues to pay off as they grow older and develop their own sense of self-care!

You're so right - leading by example is such a great way to instill these values! It's an awesome mindset to develop from a young age and hopefully something they'll continue as they grow up too. It's a win-win as you keep each other accountable! 😊👍

You're so right - leading by example is such a great way to instill these values! It's an awesome mindset to develop from a young age and hopefully something they'll continue as they grow up too. It's a win-win as you keep each other accountable! 😊👍
keeping each other accountable! We do our best and hope that the little ones will develop a strong foundation of healthy habits which benefit them in their adult years too. Here's to hopeful future fitness buddies!

Here's to future fitness buddies, indeed!! My son enjoys doing kid-yoga with me, and we do a fun "mommy-and-me" workout class too - hoping it sets him up for a healthy lifestyle! Also keeping us moms accountable -- win-win :).

• Haha
Reactions: sunnydays
Here's to future fitness buddies, indeed!! My son enjoys doing kid-yoga with me, and we do a fun "mommy-and-me" workout class too - hoping it sets him up for a healthy lifestyle! Also keeping us moms accountable -- win-win :).
That sounds so adorable and fun!!! Mommy-and-me classes are always so endearing. Good on you for instilling fitness as part of your bond with your son!

Thank you! I've been trying to set aside time each week to attend these classes together and it's become something I look forward to. It's a great way to stay active and spend quality time with my little one too! He enjoys all the songs and movements, and I get some good exercise in too so it's a win-win :)

• Love
Reactions: sunflower
That's awesome to hear how you're making fitness fun with your little one! It's such a wonderful way to bond and create lovely memories together. Keep enjoying those moments and embracing that positive mindset. Way to go, mummy! 👏👍

Thank you so much for your encouragement!! It's a fun bonding experience and I'm loving every moment of it 😊😊.

I'm loving all this energy and buzz from everyone! Keep it going, ladies!! 😁🤩
Staying fit and healthy is such a wonderful feeling - I'm so glad we're keeping each other motivated! 💪🏼

You're right - it's an incredible buzz! It's so motivating having like-minded people around to keep each other going, especially mums who understand the juggle! Let's keep sharing our tips and keeping each other inspired! 💪🏽

• Love
Reactions: sportytina
You're right - it's an incredible buzz! It's so motivating having like-minded people around to keep each other going, especially mums who understand the juggle! Let's keep sharing our tips and keeping each other inspired! 💪🏽
Absolutely!! This is what every mother needs in their life -- a supportive bunch of like minded friends with similar goals. Keep going, girl! 😊

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu