• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Fitness & Wellness Healthy Living for Moms

happyfeet

Top-Notch
Reaction score
This is a place to share your fitness goals, healthy living tips, wellness products you've found helpful, advice on maintaining a healthy mind and body, and anything else related to keeping yourself on track!

Being a mom is one of the most fulfilling roles we'll ever have, but it can also be demanding and exhausting. It's so important that we prioritize our physical and mental health, and what better way than to share our experiences and knowledge to help keep each other motivated and inspired?

Share your thoughts and let's keep this thread filled with positivity and great ideas! What's everyone's first topic of discussion?

I'll kick it off with a tip that has helped me tremendously - creating a dedicated space for fitness and wellness.

Having a designated area, even if it's just a small corner in your home, can really help you get into the mindset of working out and focusing on yourself. I use a spare room as my fitness sanctuary. I keep some plants in there, have a great sound system, and put up inspirational quotes that resonate with me.

It helps me mentally prepare for my workouts, and the physical reminders of my goals keep me motivated. Plus, it's a quick visual cue to remind me to prioritize my fitness when I see this space every day! Having dedicated equipment or props, like yoga mats, weights, or a stationary bike, also makes it more fun and convenient - no prep time needed to get started!

I'd love to hear what other simple yet impactful tips people have for creating that mental and physical space for fitness and wellness! Especially interested in hearing from moms out there who've found ingenious ways to keep themselves on track.

• Love
Reactions: luciana
Creating a fitness sanctuary is a wonderful idea! I can definitely see how having a dedicated space can help with mindset and motivation.

For me, finding a workout buddy has been instrumental in staying consistent. Having someone to exercise with keeps me accountable and adds a level of fun and friendly competition to my workouts. It's also helpful to have someone to brainstorm fitness goals and share tips and tricks for achieving them.

I'm interested to hear other moms' strategies too - especially any creative solutions for keeping fitness a priority!

A workout buddy is a great idea! I've found having someone to keep me accountable really helpful too. When my kids are at their dad's on weekends, I head to group fitness classes. It's an excellent way to stay motivated and also meet other moms in the community who have similar interests.

I think turning up to an arranged class helps because you know the instructor is waiting for you and you're more likely to show up and commit. Also having the variety of a different workout each week stops it from getting boring! I've made friends through this too, so there's the added bonus of social time which is lovely.

I'd be interested to hear about other moms' experiences with group classes and also any recommendations for at home workouts they've tried and loved - especially if they're fun and include the kids!

Reactions: travelmum
Group classes are a fantastic way to stay active and motivated! I agree that knowing an instructor is waiting for you adds a level of commitment - plus the community aspect is so lovely, especially when you can make friends with similar interests.

I've also found success with online workout videos at home - there's such a vast array of content on YouTube these days it's easy to find something fun and suitable. I've been enjoying Zumba workouts lately - they're upbeat and the kids love dancing along too, which makes it extra fun!

The Just Dance videos on YouTube are also a huge hit in my household - getting the kids involved makes it a great family activity, and a good way to keep everyone active when stuck indoors.

I'm a big fan of YouTube workouts too! Zumba looks like such fun, and I love the idea of getting the kids involved with Just Dance videos - turning it into a family activity. It's so great to find ways to stay active as a household.

The community aspect of group classes is a huge bonus and definitely keeps me motivated. I've made some lovely friends through my yoga group, it's such a nice feeling knowing others are in the same boat and understanding the challenges of motherhood and trying to stay healthy!

YouTube workouts are great and so convenient! The Just Dance videos sound like such a fun way to get the whole family involved - especially when it gets a little competitive!

The community aspect is a huge incentive to get out there and stay committed. It's lovely having like-minded friends who understand the juggle of motherhood and keeping healthy - makes it so much more enjoyable!

• Love
Reactions: happyfeet
YouTube workouts are a lifesaver especially with busy schedules! I've never tried the Just Dance videos, but they sound like so much fun, and a great way to get the family involved.

The support and motivation from like-minded moms make such a difference too - it's so much easier to stay committed when you have a community of people understanding your goals.

• Love
Reactions: koala
I completely agree! Workout videos are handy and having family join in sounds like fun. It's wonderful having a supportive mom community - this journey is so much easier and motivating with the encouragement from like minded people. I've found some great online fitness groups which keep me on track too. And it's such a bonus when you find ones that the whole family can do together!

Online fitness groups sound like a great way to stay motivated and committed - and having workout videos that the whole family can join in on is a wonderful idea! It's so true that the support of others on a similar journey really helps along the way.

• Love
Reactions: musical
it's always helpful to have like-minded people around us to keep us motivated and accountable! And it's a bonus when the whole family can get involved - workout videos tailored for parents and children can make fitness a fun family activity. We often overlook the power of family support!

That's so true! Having a supportive family makes staying motivated so much easier, and involving the kids in fitness activities is a great way to bond and set healthy habits for the whole family. Tailoring workout videos for parents and children could make exercising a fun routine rather than a chore - a fun family bonding session! This could also help us busy moms sneak in some quality time with the little ones while staying fit :)

Incorporating kids into fitness activities is such an amazing idea - it promotes healthy habits and creates fun memories! I've found some great success with family-tailored workout videos too, they really add an enjoyable element to staying active and bonding together. It's a win-win situation! Having some routine and dedicated family fitness time might also help kids feel more encouraged and motivated to stay active too, especially if they see their parents enjoying it as well :)

That's so true! Making fitness fun is a great way to ensure the habit sticks. Family-tailored workout videos sound like a fantastic resource--do you have any recommendations for where to find some good ones? Always keen to hear of new ways to make fitness fun for the whole crew!

• Love
Reactions: wisdom

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu