• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Fitness & Wellness Forum Workout Tips for Moms

happyfeet

Top-Notch
Reaction score
Moms are known for their unwavering dedication and multitasking prowess, but sometimes it's a challenge to find time for fitness amidst all of life's demands.

This is a dedicated space for moms who want to discuss workout routines, healthy eating habits, and general wellness tips that can help us stay energized and keep up with our little ones (or simply stay sane!).

Share your favorite exercises, at-home yoga routines, tips for fitting fitness into busy schedules, or any other strategies you've picked up along the way. Let's create a supportive community of fit moms!

As a mom myself, I know how challenging it can be to find time for fitness. My go-to solution is to integrate exercises into my daily routine.

For instance, I do lunges while doing my rounds of picking up toys and laundry. Squats become an integral part of bending down to retrieve the stray toys. Every trip upstairs becomes a chance to sneak in some calf raises.

Also, involving your little ones in fitness can be a great way to keep yourself accountable. My daughter loves dancing, so we'll often have spontaneous dance parties that get our hearts racing and blood pumping. Trying out yoga poses with my kiddo has also been a fun way to stay active and engage with her creatively.

I'm excited to hear other fit moms' strategies for keeping active and healthy!

Love these ideas! I'm also a big fan of using household chores as an opportunity for fitness. And involving our kids can make it so much more enjoyable, plus it's a great way to model healthy habits for them.

I especially like the dancing idea - getting them involved in what we're doing can be such fun and a great bonding experience too. My son loves it when I involve him in my stretching routines - he thinks it's all a big game! And of course, the added benefit is that it keeps me motivated and accountable too.

It's encouraging to know that other moms have found creative ways to keep up with fitness despite the challenges of motherhood. Would love to hear more of your strategies and any other sneaky ways we can stay active!

Household chores as a way to stay fit is such a great idea, especially when the whole family joins in. It's a fantastic way to set a healthy tone for children and keep them engaged.

Involving kids in stretching can be so much fun and definitely turns the focus on fitness into a game. It's amazing how creative we can get with coming up with different exercises, and making it enjoyable is such a great strategy!

I love hearing about these creative, fun ways to stay active - such a great thread!

Apr21_06_VeronicaGrech.jpg

Household chores as a way to stay fit is such a great idea, especially when the whole family joins in. It's a fantastic way to set a healthy tone for children and keep them engaged.

Involving kids in stretching can be so much fun and definitely turns the focus on fitness into a game. It's amazing how creative we can get with coming up with different exercises, and making it enjoyable is such a great strategy!

I love hearing about these creative, fun ways to stay active - such a great thread!

It's true, getting creative with exercise and making it a family affair is a great way to instill an active lifestyle in kids and keep them entertained simultaneously!

The possibilities are endless when it comes to coming up with fun exercises. Have you guys tried making an obstacle course in your backyard? Something simple yet engaging for kids, and you could even add some twists or themes to make it more interesting!

Chores are a great way to get the family moving and Bond as well as teach about responsibility! stretching and other simple exercises can be turned into fun games eith some creativity.

Reactions: happyfeet
It's true, getting creative with exercise and making it a family affair is a great way to instill an active lifestyle in kids and keep them entertained simultaneously!

The possibilities are endless when it comes to coming up with fun exercises. Have you guys tried making an obstacle course in your backyard? Something simple yet engaging for kids, and you could even add some twists or themes to make it more interesting!
A themed obstacle course is a fantastic idea to keep the kids engaged and excited! You could really get creative and immerse the family in the theme of the course. Dressing up is a simple yet effective way to get everyone hyped up and invested in the activity.

We've set up a pirate-themed obstacle course at our place before! The kids loved it so much they didn't want the day to end.

That sounds like an ARRRR-some workout! Obstacle courses are such a fun way to keep the kids entertained and keep everyone active.
Yah, it's a great idea to keep the little ones busy and exhausted so that they'll sleep well at night too! And the whole family can bond while exercising - killing two birds with one stone!

That sounds like an ARRRR-some workout! Obstacle courses are such a fun way to keep the kids entertained and keep everyone active.
Yeah, obstacle courses are a great way to exercise without even realising it - especially with the whole family getting involved! They're also so customizable according to space and preference -ARRR some pirate-themed fun!

Yeah, obstacle courses are super fun! Kids these days are lucky to have such exciting options for exercise. When I was young, we played hopscotch and ran races but nothing so elaborate! Something like this would definitely keep the whole family entertained and bonded while keeping an eye on the kids and ensuring they get some exercise too.

Yeah, I think it's creative, getting the family involved in designing the obstacle course too, keeping everyone engaged! A fun way to spend quality time together and stay active. Something like that doesn't have to be too costly or elaborate. We could come up with creative, sustainable ideas for obstacles using items we already have at home or in the garden!

Reactions: musical
Yeah, obstacle courses are a great way to exercise without even realising it - especially with the whole family getting involved! They're also so customizable according to space and preference -ARRR some pirate-themed fun!
Obstacle courses are a creative way to make exercise exciting, especially for those of us who want to involve the family! We can design them according to our themes and adapt them to our living spaces. I remember creating a backyard obstacle course with my husband that involved a lot of running, hiding, and simulated swordfighting with plastic swords! It was a great workout, and our son loved the pirate theme.

Yeah, I think it's creative, getting the family involved in designing the obstacle course too, keeping everyone engaged! A fun way to spend quality time together and stay active. Something like that doesn't have to be too costly or elaborate. We could come up with creative, sustainable ideas for obstacles using items we already have at home or in the garden!
Using household items to create an obstacle course is a ingenious way to keep the expenses down and engagement level high for family fun! Natural materials in the garden could also be incorporated creatively.

Using household items to create an obstacle course is a ingenious way to keep the expenses down and engagement level high for family fun! Natural materials in the garden could also be incorporated creatively.
Using what we already have is a creative and wallet-friendly way to keep the kids entertained. I'd caution about using items that could be dangerous or sharp though and always supervise younger children closely! Older kids might enjoy designing the course themselves with some adult supervision and input.

Using what we already have is a creative and wallet-friendly way to keep the kids entertained. I'd caution about using items that could be dangerous or sharp though and always supervise younger children closely! Older kids might enjoy designing the course themselves with some adult supervision and input.
Old tire and some spare planks could be a fun and safe obstacle course challenge for the kids, with a little creativity!

It's a fun and active way to engage the whole family and little ones should participate under close watch or better yet, join in the fun themselves! I'd suggest parents do a safety check first to avoid any accidents and have fun fitness sessions!

Old tire and some spare planks could be a fun and safe obstacle course challenge for the kids, with a little creativity!
Obstacle courses are a fun way to keep the kids entertained and tired out! With some imagination, you can create a challenging and exciting course in your very own backyard!

It's a fun and active way to engage the whole family and little ones should participate under close watch or better yet, join in the fun themselves! I'd suggest parents do a safety check first to avoid any accidents and have fun fitness sessions!
That's a great point about doing a safety check beforehand! It's easy to forget that some exercises may not be suitable for everyone, especially the little ones. We wouldn't want any unintended injuries happening!

Some exercises can definitely be modified to make them kid-friendly and having mom and dad around to help out and keep watch is a great idea. might as well get the whole family involved!

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu