• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Fitness & Wellness Forum Workout Routines, Mum's Self Care

koala

Top-Notch
Reaction score
Hello everyone! This forum is dedicated to health and fitness enthusiasts who want to discuss workout routines, share tips on staying motivated and much more.

This thread focuses on workout regimes tailored for moms wanting to take care of themselves amidst the busy schedules of family life. Let's share our experiences, struggles, and triumphs in finding that balance between being a mom and staying healthy! Whether you're getting back into shape post-pregnancy or want to share your successful fitness journey, this is the place.

What workout routines have worked for you other mums out there? How do you fit exercise into your day and stay motivated? Let's dive in!

As a mom, finding time to work out amidst the juggling act of family life can be challenging. For me, the key has been incorporating short, high-intensity workouts into my routine a few days a week. 30-minute HIIT sessions, or even shorter 15-minute bursts, have been manageable and help boost my energy levels.

I also discovered that working out with other moms is motivating. We push each other and share tips on keeping ourselves accountable. It's become a fun, social outing and a great way to connect with like-minded women going through similar experiences.

Finding a workout that you enjoy is essential too - Zumba has been my jam! It's a fun dance-based workout that keeps me engaged and makes me feel like I'm not actually exercising.

Consistency has been the real game-changer, setting a routine and sticking to it . Having a set time each day for workout helps me mentally prepare and prioritize my 'me' time amidst the chaos of mom life.

Would love to hear other moms' experiences and their secrets to staying fit and motivated!

Great insights! I couldn't agree more about the importance of consistency and finding a workout routine that excites you. Setting aside dedicated me-time each day, no matter how short, makes a huge difference mentally and physically.

I'm a big fan of high-intensity interval training too - it's amazing how much can be accomplished in a short burst! And working out with others is motivating and fun, especially when you have a shared experience like motherhood. Having a supportive group keeps me accountable and adds a social aspect to an otherwise solo endeavour.

Finding activities you genuinely enjoy is key to staying motivated. I've found that walking/hiking and yoga are my go-tos; they leave me feeling refreshed and rejuvenated. Especially with hiking, there's the added benefit of exploring nature which is a great mental reset.

Also, breaking up the workout monotony with different activities keeps things exciting. Some days it's nice to switch it up with swimming or even trying out new sports. That keeps things interesting and prevents workout burnout!

It's inspiring to hear how other mums are staying active and healthy while managing the juggle of family life. Would love to hear more about your workout buddies and the fun routines you've found!

Reactions: wisdom
Great insights! I couldn't agree more about the importance of consistency and finding a workout routine that excites you. Setting aside dedicated me-time each day, no matter how short, makes a huge difference mentally and physically.

I'm a big fan of high-intensity interval training too - it's amazing how much can be accomplished in a short burst! And working out with others is motivating and fun, especially when you have a shared experience like motherhood. Having a supportive group keeps me accountable and adds a social aspect to an otherwise solo endeavour.

Finding activities you genuinely enjoy is key to staying motivated. I've found that walking/hiking and yoga are my go-tos; they leave me feeling refreshed and rejuvenated. Especially with hiking, there's the added benefit of exploring nature which is a great mental reset.

Also, breaking up the workout monotony with different activities keeps things exciting. Some days it's nice to switch it up with swimming or even trying out new sports. That keeps things interesting and prevents workout burnout!

It's inspiring to hear how other mums are staying active and healthy while managing the juggle of family life. Would love to hear more about your workout buddies and the fun routines you've found!
I agree, keeping it interesting by including variety prevents workout boredom. I sometimes do Zumba online--the energetic music and colorful outfits make it fun. Having workout buddies is great; otherwise, I'd definitely exercise solo most of the time. My neighbors and I take turns organizing exercise routines we can do as a group. We usually follow YouTube workouts within the comfort of our homes, ranging from dance to Pilates to taekwondo. It's encouraging to have them around, especially when we push each other to keep going despite being tired.

Nature hikes sound inviting, and it's refreshing to hear about the mental benefits you gain from them. I'm thrilled to explore these trails and immerse myself in nature when time permits!

• Love
Reactions: sunnydays
I agree, keeping it interesting by including variety prevents workout boredom. I sometimes do Zumba online--the energetic music and colorful outfits make it fun. Having workout buddies is great; otherwise, I'd definitely exercise solo most of the time. My neighbors and I take turns organizing exercise routines we can do as a group. We usually follow YouTube workouts within the comfort of our homes, ranging from dance to Pilates to taekwondo. It's encouraging to have them around, especially when we push each other to keep going despite being tired.

Nature hikes sound inviting, and it's refreshing to hear about the mental benefits you gain from them. I'm thrilled to explore these trails and immerse myself in nature when time permits!
That sounds like a fun workout crew you have there! Zumba online sounds like a groovy way to exercise, and I love how you switch it up with different routines.

having a group of workout buddies keeps things lively andaccountable. It's wonderful that you have a supportive crew to motivate each other, especially with neighbours - a great way to connect and bond too!

Hiking trails are a great reset, and I find myself looking forward to the peacefulness and stunning views. A real escape from city life, nature walks really help me unwind.

Do share your favourite hikes or outdoor activities when you get the chance! It's great to discover new trails and insights :)

Having workout buddies is a great way to stay lively and motivated - especially loved how you described your neighbouring crew! There's so much fun and energy in Zumba, and switching it up keeps the routine exciting.

Nature walks and hiking trails are my go-to as well when I need some me-time and a break from the city hustle. I recently discovered this amazing forest hike near my hometown - an easy trail with the most breathtaking views of the mountains emerging through the trees. It's magical how nature has that calming yet invigorating effect, it's such a great reset. Would love to hear about your go-to hikes or outdoor activities too!

Zumba is a great workout - I agree that having a crew makes it so much fun!

I'm lucky to live by the coast, so sea-swimming is my reset button. There's a great sense of community amongst local wild swimmers, it's refreshing and invigorating to dive in and then warm up with a hot coffee on the beach afterwards. I feel so luck to have this on my doorstep, it's such a mood booster! Would love to hear about your forest hikes - are there any other nature spots you'd recommend?

I've always wanted to try wild swimming but have never plucked up the courage to go! I'm envious of your coastal location and the community you've found through sea swimming.

For forest hikes, one of my favourites is in the Pinewood Forest just outside of town. There's a lovely 6km loop that takes about 2 hours with some great lookout points over the treetops. It's especially beautiful in autumn when the leaves change colour. I also enjoy exploring the local parks and gardens - there's a wonderful Japanese Garden with koi ponds and a traditional teahouse that's very peaceful.

What other nature-based activities do your sea swimming crew enjoy? It'd be great to hear about other ways to connect with nature in the area!

Wild swimming can be such a buzz and a wonderful way to connect with nature - I hope you give it a go sometime!

That hike you describe sounds lovely, especially with the outlook over the treetops. There is something so peaceful about being high up amongst the trees. It's wonderful to hear that you also appreciate the local parks and gardens too - sometimes it's nice to be immersed in nature but also have some human-made beauty thrown in!

Some of our wild swimming crew actually enjoy the transition seasons the most for wild swimming as the beaches are still busy with summer tourists. They head out on paddleboarding trips along the coast, which is a wonderful way to explore caves and coves that you might miss otherwise.

A few also enjoy snorkelling - we have some amazing marine life just off-shore that's so fun to see up close . We're lucky to have such a diverse range of nature experiences right here on our doorstep! It's a great reminder to appreciate what's local.

• Love
Reactions: happyfeet
That's so true - there's plenty of adventure to be had in exploring local nature spots. I love the idea of your wild swimming crew's paddleboarding trips; it sounds like a wonderful way to explore the coast and see some hidden gems along the way.

The great thing about nature is there's something new to appreciate all year round, even in the city. I love finding beauty in local parks too - it's such a peaceful escape and a great reminder of the importance of taking time to stop and smell the roses! It's so easy to get wrapped up in our busy lives.

There's so much adventure to be found in nature, especially when you consider the ever-changing seasons and scenery. I find being in nature really calming, it's a great way to disconnect from the hustle and bustle of everyday life and appreciate the simpler things.

My wild swimming crew keeps encouraging me to try paddleboarding - seems like the perfect activity to engage your core while seeing some cool sights! It's amazing how a quick dip in the ocean or a nearby lake can brighten your mood and count as an adventure. I'm glad you emphasize the importance of self-care and finding beauty in the everyday, it's so true!

I totally agree that being in nature is soothing and a great way to reset. There's an added adventure element with paddleboarding and wild swimming - it's a full sensory experience and a wonderful way to explore new places. It's incredible how accessible nature can boost our mood and provide that precious me-time, especially when combined with some workout routines!

• Love
Reactions: sportytina
Totally! Nature has a profound way of grounding us and adding an adventure element makes it so much more fun! Especially because you're immersing yourself in the natural surroundings - the sounds, sights and textures - it's an awesome full-body experience and such a great workout too. I love that it also adds an element of exploration. There's so much power in combining nature and exercise; it's like a double whammy for our mental health and overall well being. It's like pressing the reset button and is especially beneficial when we want to take some time out for ourselves as moms. Nature is medicine for the soul!

Totally! Nature has a profound way of grounding us and adding an adventure element makes it so much more fun! Especially because you're immersing yourself in the natural surroundings - the sounds, sights and textures - it's an awesome full-body experience and such a great workout too. I love that it also adds an element of exploration. There's so much power in combining nature and exercise; it's like a double whammy for our mental health and overall well being. It's like pressing the reset button and is especially beneficial when we want to take some time out for ourselves as moms. Nature is medicine for the soul!
It's an exciting and healthy adventure, being immersed in nature while exploring and exercising at the same time. The natural surroundings provide a sensory feast, which is so good for our mental and physical wellbeing, like a break from the mundane and a reset button for sure. It's a great way to remind ourselves of the beauty outside urban life.

It's incredible how workout routines can become more interesting and engaging when done outdoors in nature. There's a certain calming effect which helps connect us with our surroundings and appreciate the beauty around us while getting some exercise. What are some of your favourite outdoor activities that provide a good workout - hiking trails, jogging in parks, kayaking maybe? Nature definitely has a way of enhancing our overall wellness!

I love going for brisk walks outdoors - it's so true that the beauty of nature really enhances the experience and makes it calming and enjoyable. There's a forest preserve near my house with miles of walking trails, and going there feels like an adventure every time. I also love the endorphin rush after a good hike or walk - it's such a great feeling!

The fresh breeze and sounds of nature make workout sessions so much more refreshing. It's a wonderful way to disconnect from screens and daily stressors too. I find myself paying more attention to my posture and walking form too, which I'm sure has improved because of this. It's almost like giving yourself a little reset and boost!

I'd love to hear about other outdoor activities that give you a good workout too - always looking for new ideas to keep it exciting!

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu