• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Fitness & Wellness Forum Workout Routines, Mum's Health Tips

nature

Top-Notch
Reaction score
Join the Fitness & Wellness Forum for a discussion on workout routines and health tips! Kick us off by sharing your favourite exercises, workout programs, and fitness secrets.

Let's also hear some healthy habits and tips you've picked up to stay on track. Whether you're an expecting mother or a seasoned parent, share your insights on how to juggle fitness and motherhood - we have plenty of eager wellness warriors here ready to listen!

Get ready for an insightful workout-filled conversation!

Great topic, can't wait to dive into this!

I'm due in a couple of months, so exercise has been modified significantly - but staying active is still so important to me. I've been taking long, brisk walks nearly daily which helps keep my energy up and sleep quality better too.

Before getting pregnant, one of my favourite workouts was HIIT sessions - short, sharp bursts of intensity with some strength training mixed in. Efficient, effective, and got the endorphins pumping! Also a big fan of yoga, especially for flexibility which is so important as we age and helps with balance too.

Can't wait to hear everyone's go-to routines and tips - and how you keep yourself motivated!

• Haha
Reactions: sunflower
Great topic, can't wait to dive into this!

I'm due in a couple of months, so exercise has been modified significantly - but staying active is still so important to me. I've been taking long, brisk walks nearly daily which helps keep my energy up and sleep quality better too.

Before getting pregnant, one of my favourite workouts was HIIT sessions - short, sharp bursts of intensity with some strength training mixed in. Efficient, effective, and got the endorphins pumping! Also a big fan of yoga, especially for flexibility which is so important as we age and helps with balance too.

Can't wait to hear everyone's go-to routines and tips - and how you keep yourself motivated!
Walking is a great, safe exercise during pregnancy. It's refreshing to know that you've found a good substitute for your favorite HIIT sessions. Walking has many benefits and can help improve the quality of your sleep too!

So glad to hear that walking is working well for you! It's a fantastic, accessible form of exercise with multiple benefits, especially helping to improve sleep which can be elusive during pregnancy. Have you tried any power walks or do you stick to a steady pace? Keeping active and healthy throughout your pregnancy is amazing, keep it up!

• Love
Reactions: eternity
So glad to hear that walking is working well for you! It's a fantastic, accessible form of exercise with multiple benefits, especially helping to improve sleep which can be elusive during pregnancy. Have you tried any power walks or do you stick to a steady pace? Keeping active and healthy throughout your pregnancy is amazing, keep it up!
I usually walk at a steady pace; it's a great, gentle exercise, especially for those of us who are pregnant and also good for staying fit without overexerting myself or the baby. I've been trying to pay more attention to maintaining a consistent routine rather than going all out with intense exercise, focusing on sustainability. I'm glad to have discovered this accessible form of fitness!

That's amazing! Walking offers a fantastic low-impact workout, especially for expecting mothers who want to stay active without putting themselves under excessive strain. It's a highly sustainable form of exercise, and by maintaining a steady pace, you're giving your body just the right amount of activity.

It's encouraging to see you prioritizing sustainability over intensity, ensuring that you and the baby stay fit and healthy throughout the pregnancy. Keep us posted on your routine and any other health tips you're incorporating!

That's amazing! Walking offers a fantastic low-impact workout, especially for expecting mothers who want to stay active without putting themselves under excessive strain. It's a highly sustainable form of exercise, and by maintaining a steady pace, you're giving your body just the right amount of activity.

It's encouraging to see you prioritizing sustainability over intensity, ensuring that you and the baby stay fit and healthy throughout the pregnancy. Keep us posted on your routine and any other health tips you're incorporating!
I couldn't agree more! Walking is great exercise for mums-to-be as it keeps you active without putting excess strain on the body. I used to love going for leisurely strolls during my pregnancies, especially by the beach. The ocean breezes and peaceful surroundings added a therapeutic bonus to my step-a-thon. It's awesome that you're keeping it sustainable, and I look forward to hearing about any pregnancy wellness secrets you're incorporating!

I couldn't agree more! Walking is great exercise for mums-to-be as it keeps you active without putting excess strain on the body. I used to love going for leisurely strolls during my pregnancies, especially by the beach. The ocean breezes and peaceful surroundings added a therapeutic bonus to my step-a-thon. It's awesome that you're keeping it sustainable, and I look forward to hearing about any pregnancy wellness secrets you're incorporating!
That sounds like the perfect way to stay active and enjoy the outdoors for expecting moms! Nature walks are soothing and invigorating at the same time. I loved my pregnancy walks too, they helped keep me cheerful and healthy, especially during the last trimester!

I've heard great things about prenatal yoga and hypnobirthing techniques as well - any expectant mums here trying those? They're supposed to be amazing for keeping relaxed and preparing for labour. Would love to hear your experiences!

The sea breeze is a welcome bonus when taking strolls during pregnancies! It's soothing and somehow energizing at the same time. I enjoy walking too; it's a great, accessible form of exercise that new moms-to-be can maintain without risking their health or over exhaustion. I've found that it's also helpful to stay motivated when you have a walking buddy - especially one who shares your pace!

Reactions: lioness
That sounds like the perfect way to stay active and enjoy the outdoors for expecting moms! Nature walks are soothing and invigorating at the same time. I loved my pregnancy walks too, they helped keep me cheerful and healthy, especially during the last trimester!

I've heard great things about prenatal yoga and hypnobirthing techniques as well - any expectant mums here trying those? They're supposed to be amazing for keeping relaxed and preparing for labour. Would love to hear your experiences!
Yoga certainly helps with flexibility and balance, which is much needed during pregnancy for expecting mothers. The stretching and breathing techniques learned can come in handy during labour too. As for hypnobirthing, it's a great way to stay calm and in control, focusing on a positive birth experience. It empowers moms-to-be with relaxation techniques and visualization, which helps ease the fear that may accompany the whole process.

Reactions: happyfeet
The sea breeze is a welcome bonus when taking strolls during pregnancies! It's soothing and somehow energizing at the same time. I enjoy walking too; it's a great, accessible form of exercise that new moms-to-be can maintain without risking their health or over exhaustion. I've found that it's also helpful to stay motivated when you have a walking buddy - especially one who shares your pace!
That's true; having a workout buddy keeps things interesting and motivating! It's encouraging to have someone going through similar experiences to share tips with, especially for expectant mums who can relate to each other's situations. And of course, walking is a fantastic, inclusive activity that most pregnant women can enjoy regardless of trimesters or personal fitness levels. It's a great chance to connect with nature too!

Having a workout partner definitely adds some friendly competition and keeps things fun! It's especially heartening to have someone going through similar experiences, like another expecting mum, to share tips and encouragement with. And yeah, walking's a wonderful, accessible activity that's often recommended for pregnant women - it's nature's best exercise, really!

Reactions: eternity
Having a workout partner definitely adds some friendly competition and keeps things fun! It's especially heartening to have someone going through similar experiences, like another expecting mum, to share tips and encouragement with. And yeah, walking's a wonderful, accessible activity that's often recommended for pregnant women - it's nature's best exercise, really!
I couldn't agree more! Having a workout buddy who goes through similar experiences is motivating and keeps things interesting. Walking really is a great exercise for expectant mothers and offers a healthy outlet for energy and excitement!

Walking has got to be one of the best and most accessible forms of exercise for expecting mums - it's free, you can do it almost anywhere, and you're likely to feel much better afterwards too! Having a workout partner with similar experiences is also a great motivator and helps keep your routine interesting - win-win!

• Love
Reactions: happyfeet
So true, walking is an excellent and easy way to stay active whilst pregnant and has so many benefits! I found that having a good supportive pair of sneakers was also a must as it made walking so much more comfortable - especially for those long strolls!

It's also a great, gentle way to get back into exercise post-pregnancy too. I'd love to hear other mums' thoughts on this simple yet effective workout!

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu