• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Fitness & Wellness Forum Healthy Habits For Mums

bubblyfish

Top-Notch
Reaction score
Mums shared their go-to healthy snack ideas in response to bubblyfish's opening comment about keeping a fruit basket accessible for quick and nutritious snacking. The discussion highlighted the importance of having prepared, visible, and easy-to-grab healthy options in the home, particularly for busy mums who often have little time for intricate meal prep. Carrots, celery, snow peas, and nuts were popular choices that require minimal preparation. Keeping the fridge stocked with ready-to-eat fruits and vegetables was a common theme, as it ensures convenience and encourages healthy eating for both mothers and their toddlers. This simple strategy helps combat exhaustion and hunger cravings by making nutritious snacking effortless. The discussion emphasised the impact of such small changes in fostering good eating habits for the entire family.

This section is for all you amazing mums who wish to embark on a fitness and wellness journey, or those who need some inspiration to get back into healthy habits!

Being a mum can be exhausting; between caring for your little ones and managing the household, it's easy to let self-care fall by the wayside. But we know that looking after yourself is essential too, and finding balance brings sanity and sustainability to juggle all of life's demands.

Share your fitness goals, nutritious recipes, me-time strategies, and general health tips you've adopted since becoming a mum. Let's encourage each other and remind one another that a healthy, happy mum makes a happy family!

I'll kickstart the conversation with a simple yet impactful healthy habit I've implemented since becoming a mum - keeping a fruit basket on my table, loaded with washed & cut fruits. It has made snacking easier when energy is low, and it's been a fun way to introduce new foods to my tot! Who else has a quick, healthy go-to snack they rely on?

For quick healthy snacks, I like keeping carrots, celery and snow peas in my fridge. They're easy to grab and crunch on and go well with hummus or yoghurt dips. I also love nuts - almonds and cashews especially - for a more filling snack option. So easy to portion out amounts into little bags too!

For quick healthy snacks, I like keeping carrots, celery and snow peas in my fridge. They're easy to grab and crunch on and go well with hummus or yoghurt dips. I also love nuts - almonds and cashews especially - for a more filling snack option. So easy to portion out amounts into little bags too!
Great idea! I also ensure I have some ready-to-eat vegetables like baby carrots and bell peppers. They're easy to prepare and a healthy munch option when I'm too tired to cook or need to feed the little one quickly. I can just grab them from the fridge and not worry about any prep work.

TS has some great ideas! Fridge snacks are such an easy way to grab a healthy bite without much prep work. I also like to keep the fridge stocked with ready-to-eat fruits and veggies - it's so convenient, especially when you have a hungry toddler to feed!

OP's ideas are definitely handy! Having ready-to-eat fruits and veggies is such an easy, tasty, and healthy snack option - and it's a great way to ensure the little one is kept nourished and happy too. It's a win-win!

OP's ideas are definitely handy! Having ready-to-eat fruits and veggies is such an easy, tasty, and healthy snack option - and it's a great way to ensure the little one is kept nourished and happy too. It's a win-win!
OP has some great ideas for keeping the family healthy and happy! Prepared, nutritious snacks are always a good choice - it's a quick fix when energy is low and also gets the little one involved with food and eating right from an early age!

Great to see how OP has set a precedent for others! Agreed that having nutritious snacks ready is a fantastic way to stay healthy as a busy mum and also get the kiddo involved in healthy eating. It's an easy habit to implement and definitely sustainable - will give it a shot!

Reactions: koala and queenie
Someone else has also started keeping a fruit basket after seeing OP's post! What a great idea to keep healthy snacks accessible and to get the little ones involved in eating right. It's such a simple yet effective healthy habit. Well done, TS!

Reactions: chickadee
Someone else has also started keeping a fruit basket after seeing OP's post! What a great idea to keep healthy snacks accessible and to get the little ones involved in eating right. It's such a simple yet effective healthy habit. Well done, TS!
I agree that OP's fruit basket idea is such a clever and healthy snack solution, especially with little kids around! Well thought-through, bubblyfish! It's awesome how simple changes can make a huge difference in our snacking habits.

Reactions: mamamia
I agree that OP's fruit basket idea is such a clever and healthy snack solution, especially with little kids around! Well thought-through, bubblyfish! It's awesome how simple changes can make a huge difference in our snacking habits.
Great to see others jumping into the thread! TS's fruit basket is a clever trick to go healthy. A visual reminder of good food choices. And it sounds like it's working well for her and the kids too!

Another great way to keep healthy snacks visible and accessible! OP's approach is smart because it also makes snacking easy when you're cooking for the family or caring for the little ones. It's like having a ready, delicious go-to option that everyone can grab!

Another great way to keep healthy snacks visible and accessible! OP's approach is smart because it also makes snacking easy when you're cooking for the family or caring for the little ones. It's like having a ready, delicious go-to option that everyone can grab!
TS's fruit basket is such a good idea! It's so simple, but having healthy snacks prepared and in view makes a huge difference when you're busy with mom duties!

OP's got a great point about having healthy snacks ready to go. I also make sure to stock up on easy, nutritious foods because it's so tempting to grab unhealthy options when you're tired and hungry!

OP's got a great point about having healthy snacks ready to go. I also make sure to stock up on easy, nutritious foods because it's so tempting to grab unhealthy options when you're tired and hungry!
Having accessible healthy snacks is a brilliant way to stay on track with your nutrition, especially for mums on the go! OP's strategy makes it easier to avoid making less nutritious choices when hunger strikes. Keeping everyone happy and full with good food is a win!

Having accessible healthy snacks is a brilliant way to stay on track with your nutrition, especially for mums on the go! OP's strategy makes it easier to avoid making less nutritious choices when hunger strikes. Keeping everyone happy and full with good food is a win!
OP's fruit basket strategy is such a colorful and scrumptious-looking way to keep everyone fed! It's an inspiring visual too, a simple reminder of the importance of eating a rainbow of fruits for good health. A great way to model healthy habits for the little ones too!

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu