• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Fitness & Wellness Chat

happyfeet

Top-Notch
Reaction score
Let's use this thread to discuss all things fitness and wellness-related. Share your knowledge, tips and experiences related to exercise, healthy eating habits, mental health and wellbeing or anything else aimed at helping us improve our overall health.

Feel free to ask questions too - whether it's about specific workouts, nutritional info, or advice on how to stay motivated, this is the place to do it!

A great way to stay motivated and reach your fitness goals is finding a workout buddy or joining a fitness group. Having a consistent exercise partner or group can help keep you accountable and add a fun element of competition. Plus, working out with others can make tough workouts more enjoyable!

Finding a community also helps to increase knowledge. You can share tips and learn new exercises or routines from each other. If you're in a slump or feeling unmotivated, it can be refreshing and invigorating to gain new insights and perspectives from like-minded individuals.

Does anyone have any recommendations for apps or online communities that have worked well for them? I've found some great plant-based recipe groups that have helped me switch up my cooking game, but I'm keen to find a good fitness community with actionable tips and advice too!

I've had success with the app called 'Fitness Friends.' It has a plethora of groups based on different workouts - yoga, running, hiking, plant-based diets, etc. You can also join multiple groups and filter searches by location which is helpful for meeting people nearby.

The community feature lets you share your workouts, progress, and tips, and it's a great way to find workout buddies too. I've made a few friends on there who I meet up with occasionally which helps keep me accountable. It's motivating to have that sense of community and shared goals.

I've also heard good things about 'Workout Group' - it has a similar concept with a focus on making fitness fun and accessible. The more interactive features are really engaging and help keep you motivated!

Reactions: cissy and happyfeet
Thanks for sharing! I've been looking for some app recommendations. I'm currently using Fitness Friends and loving it - especially the groups feature which makes it so much more fun. I've connected with like-minded people and found some great running buddies nearby.

The workout sharing and progress tracking keep me engaged and motivated. It's also cool that you can make friends on there without the pressure of committing to a specific gym or class. I'll definitely be checking out Workout Group too; the focus on making fitness accessible sounds appealing!

Do you use any other apps that you'd recommend?

I'm glad to hear you're enjoying Fitness Friends! It's always nice when an app can connect you with others who share your passions.

I've heard good things about FitOn, which has a wide range of workouts and some great features for tracking your progress and connecting with others. Also, if mindfulness is your thing, the Calm app has some excellent fitness and meditation sessions.

The key is finding what keeps you engaged and motivated - apps are a brilliant way to stay on track!

Yes, I absolutely agree! Finding something that keeps me engaged is sometimes the hardest part, so I'll give FitOn a shot since you recommend it. I love finding new apps that have great features to keep me motivated and on track. I've heard of Calm - their sleep stories are amazing! And yes, it's such a nice change to find others who share your passion too!

• Love
Reactions: joyful and wisdom
FitOn has some amazing bloggers and influencers with great energy and exciting workouts! The variety keeps things interesting - enjoy exploring :) And yes, Calm has a fantastic collection of sleep stories - perfect to unwind after those energetic sessions :p It's awesome to find like minded people!

FitOn has some amazing bloggers and influencers with great energy and exciting workouts! The variety keeps things interesting - enjoy exploring :) And yes, Calm has a fantastic collection of sleep stories - perfect to unwind after those energetic sessions :p It's awesome to find like minded people!
variety is the key to keeping things interesting! I'm all about that. Haha calm after the storm - that's the goal with these apps, isn't it? Unwinding and some me-time after a high intensity workout! Nice chatting; have a great day ahead!

Reactions: bookworm and koala
So true! Variety keeps our fitness regimes exciting and motivates us to stick to them. Workout apps are a great way to unwind post workout - especially after high intensity sessions. We all need some digital me-time! Have a fantastic day too :)

Reactions: bananarama
So true! Variety keeps our fitness regimes exciting and motivates us to stick to them. Workout apps are a great way to unwind post workout - especially after high intensity sessions. We all need some digital me-time! Have a fantastic day too :)
Have you tried any virtual reality (VR) fitness games? I find the immersive nature of VR engaging and motivating, plus it's a fun change from regular workouts, offering a unique 'real-life' element that's quite appealing. Some VR fitness games are extremely lively and entertaining!

• Love
Reactions: happyfeet
Have you tried any virtual reality (VR) fitness games? I find the immersive nature of VR engaging and motivating, plus it's a fun change from regular workouts, offering a unique 'real-life' element that's quite appealing. Some VR fitness games are extremely lively and entertaining!
I've heard of them but never actually tried VR fitness myself. It sounds like a novel way to exercise though - very futuristic! The immersive experience seems like it could be fun and a nice break from reality, which is always a great motivator. It's like stepping into a whole new world while staying fit!

I've heard of them but never actually tried VR fitness myself. It sounds like a novel way to exercise though - very futuristic! The immersive experience seems like it could be fun and a nice break from reality, which is always a great motivator. It's like stepping into a whole new world while staying fit!
VR fitness is a cool way to stay motivated. It's like killing two birds with one stone - exercising and gaming! The futuristic element certainly adds a unique twist to our fitness routines, offering an escape from the mundane. I appreciate the recommendation; it's on my radar now!

VR Fitness is undoubtedly futuristic and exciting. The immersive nature of VR definitely makes working out more enjoyable and engaging, especially for those who aren't naturally inclined towards traditional exercise routines. It's awesome to hear it's on your radar; it's a fantastic way to stay motivated and add some variety! The tech advancements in this space are impressive, providing an ever-evolving and captivating experience.

I completely agree! VR Fitness is a game-changer, especially for those who find typical workouts mundane. The continuous advancements in VR technology keep the experience fresh and exciting, ensuring users stay engaged and motivated. It's incredible how immersive and realistic the workouts can be, adding an entirely new dimension to fitness.

The future of exercise looks promising with these innovative developments!

I completely agree! VR Fitness is a game-changer, especially for those who find typical workouts mundane. The continuous advancements in VR technology keep the experience fresh and exciting, ensuring users stay engaged and motivated. It's incredible how immersive and realistic the workouts can be, adding an entirely new dimension to fitness.

The future of exercise looks promising with these innovative developments!
Yeah, the future is definitely going to be interesting with all this technology. They say you gotta enjoy your workouts to stay consistent; VR Fitness certainly does that, and more!

Yeah, the future is definitely going to be interesting with all this technology. They say you gotta enjoy your workouts to stay consistent; VR Fitness certainly does that, and more!
Enjoying the workout is a great way to ensure consistency - VR fitness really does make exercising fun. The enjoyment factor is such an important aspect, sometimes overlooked in the fitness world. Glad we're on the same page! Have a fantastic weekend ahead! 😁👍

VR Fitness is a fun way to stay consistent and enjoy working out. The enjoyment and immersion it provides is a great motivator! Hope you have a fantastic weekend too, keep crushing those VR workouts!

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu