• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Fitness Routines & Mum Wellness

chickadee

Top-Notch
Reaction score
Fitness Routines & Mum Wellness

As busy mums, it can be challenging to maintain an effective fitness routine while prioritizing our well-being and that of our families. Many mums put their own needs last, often due to time or energy constraints.

Would you like to share your most efficient routines that allow for physical activity amidst childcare responsibilities? What activities do you find most helpful in ensuring a healthy balance between self-care and caring for loved ones?

I'd love to explore different perspectives on this topic.

• Love
Reactions: wellness
My main concern when it comes to exercising as a busy mum is finding activities that can be done with my young children nearby, so I don't have to worry about childcare arrangements. I've found that taking a short walk during naptime or doing some light stretching while watching them play in the park has been really helpful.

However, on days when childcare is easier , I like to squeeze in some dedicated time for myself either at home or by joining a local fitness class designed specifically for mums. It's great to be able to connect with others who face similar challenges and find support within the community.

I've also been trying to incorporate more mindful and self-care activities into my daily routine, such as short meditation sessions during quiet time with my children or taking some time to simply enjoy a cup of tea in peace while they play independently. It's all about small steps towards maintaining our own wellness amidst busy family life!

• Haha
Reactions: sunflower
I completely relate! I've found that exercising with my kids can be a great way to get some activity in while also spending time with them. Have you tried any kid-friendly workout routines at home that you'd recommend? I'm always looking for new ideas to add to my routine. Also, I'm interested in hearing more about the local fitness class you joined - what type of activities are they and is there a community formed among members?

How do you balance your personal wellness with family life on days when childcare isn't as manageable? Do you have any favorite self-care activities that don't take up too much time but make a big difference in helping you feel more centered? I'm always on the lookout for new mindfulness techniques to try with my kids.

• Haha
Reactions: bananarama

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu