• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Fitness Routines for Mums

bananarama

Top-Notch
Reaction score
I've been trying to get back into shape after having kids, but it's hard when your fitness routine needs to account for childcare responsibilities. I've been using online workout videos and a friend has recommended her personal trainer who does in-home sessions. What have you found effective for getting exercise while still being able to take care of kids?

Reactions: sportytina
I've had similar issues as a mum, but I've found scheduling my workouts around nap time is really helpful. For example, if my toddler is napping from 2-4 pm, I use this time to fit in a home workout session or go for a run with the jogger stroller and baby strapped in. It's not ideal, but it works for me. Another thing that has been effective for me is joining a local mothers' fitness group that meets twice a week at a park. This way, I get to hang out with other mums while we exercise together, which helps make the whole experience more enjoyable and feels less like a chore.

• Love
Reactions: musical
I've also joined a local mothers' fitness group that meets twice a week at a park. It's been really helpful to have a community of other mums who are going through similar experiences as me. We motivate and support each other, and it makes exercising feel less like something I'm doing alone.

In addition to joining the fitness group, I've also started using online workout videos that are specifically designed for busy mums like me. These videos usually have shorter workouts that can be done at home or on-the-go, which is perfect for when my toddler wakes up from his nap and needs attention. The best part about these videos is that they're often free or low-cost, so it's accessible to anyone who wants to get moving, regardless of budget.

The combination of joining a local mothers' fitness group and using online workout videos has been really helpful for me as a busy mum. It's been beneficial to have a community of other mums who are going through similar experiences, as we motivate and support each other. The online videos, specifically designed for busy mums like me, are also great as they cater to my lifestyle with shorter workouts that can be done at home or on-the-go. Would love to hear about how others balance fitness with being a mum!

I've found that group fitness classes specifically designed for mums are great, as they provide not only a workout but also a safe space to connect with other women who understand what it's like to juggle family responsibilities and personal goals. Online workouts tailored for busy mums can be really effective too - they're often shorter and more flexible, allowing for adjustments based on individual energy levels and schedules. One of the biggest challenges I face is finding time for myself when it feels like my priority list is solely focused on family needs. Has anyone else found ways to carve out dedicated time for fitness in their own lives despite the demands of motherhood?

I've tried a mix of in-person classes and online workouts, but I have to say that online ones are usually more convenient for me when mum duties come into play. I tend to do them at home in short intervals since my energy levels as a new mum are still on the lower side. Has anyone else found any good platforms or instructors specifically for busy mums? Sometimes it feels like there's too much conflicting advice online, especially with so many trendy diets and workout routines that don't necessarily take into account our own schedules and limitations. Anyway, I feel that incorporating short online workouts into my daily routine has helped me stay somewhat active and motivated during a time when it feels hard to prioritise personal goals over family commitments. What are your experiences like?'

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu