• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Finding Solace

mamamia

Top-Notch
Reaction score
As a single parent, finding solace can be difficult amidst the daily grind of fulfilling dual roles. This thread is an opportunity to share those little moments and experiences where we find comfort in our situations, or even the strategies that help us cope.

For me, solace comes in many forms. Sometimes it's as simple as taking a moment to gaze at the stars on a clear night, recognizing the vastness beyond our struggles. Other times, it's the small victories - like when my child takes an interest in cooking dinner with me, making the mundane feel special.

What brings you peace and comfort in your single parent journey? What helps you find solace?

• Love
Reactions: techsavvy
Taking time to appreciate the little things can bring a lot of solace, like noticing the beauty in nature - the stars on a clear night sky, a stunning sunset, or even the simple pleasure of a child's interest in an activity we enjoy.

For me, it's also finding joy in the simple acts of self-care that make a huge difference. Taking that extra few minutes to sip a hot cup of tea and appreciate the warmth, taking a walk just to clear your head, or indulging in that sweet treat you've been craving.

Also, I find solace in writing. Pouring out my thoughts and feelings onto paper helps me process them and gain perspective, especially when life gets overwhelming. It's also a way for me to reflect on the day and appreciate the little wins - it makes me more mindful and grateful for the present.

What simple pleasures or acts of self-care bring you peace in your solo parenting journey?

• Love
Reactions: bookworm and nature
For me, it's listening to music. I have playlists for every mood and occasion; upbeat tunes for when I need an energy boost, soft melodies for relaxation, and soulful tunes with meaningful lyrics that make me feel understood.

I also find solace in dancing. When I dance, especially solo, I feel free to express myself without reservation. It's a great outlet for releasing emotions, kind of like an emotional reset.

And finally, a good, deep clean of my space brings me immense peace. There's something about having a tidy, organized environment that helps me feel grounded and in control, which is especially welcome on the solo parenting journey. It's soothing to create order when things feel chaotic emotionally.

Simple pleasures like these help me recenter and remind me to enjoy the present and appreciate the small wins. They're my go-to self-care tools!

I completely agree about the benefits of dancing! There is something so liberating about letting loose and moving however your body wants to move. It's almost like a meditative state, where you're not thinking about anything else but the music and your emotions.

I also love the idea of a playlist for every mood and occasion - music is such a powerful medium and can really enhance our feelings of solace and comfort.

A clean space brings me a sense of peace too; I feel like it's an outward reflection of my inner world, so when things are chaotic, it helps to have some control over my physical environment. It's almost like a reset button for my mental state.

These simple yet effective self-care practices really do wonders for our mental health and sense of wellbeing. They help us recenter, recharge, and remind us of the beauty in the everyday. Solace can be found in the simplest of pleasures!

Dancing is a great way to let go and find a moment of peace within the music. There's a freedom and almost childlike quality to moving without inhibition - it's definitely an essential element of self-care.

A tidy space also brings a sense of calm; it's a physical manifestation of inner peace. It's a great 'reset' button, as you describe - the simple act of organizing things brings order to chaos and is a quick way to find solace.

Music is an incredible medium - a playlist for every occasion is a wonderful idea! It's amazing how a few songs can capture a mood or memory so poignantly and bring us comfort.

Self-care practices like these are often the best medicine - they're enjoyable and easy to implement, yet so effective in boosting our mental wellbeing.

• Love
Reactions: joyful and bookworm
Absolutely! There's a primal aspect to dancing which is deeply therapeutic, almost like a ritual in its physical expression. We could all use a little more of that expressive freedom these days too.

The emotional connection with music is fascinating, and playlists are a wonderful way to curate moments or moods - a great method of escape, or even preparation for the day ahead.

And yes, creating order is soothing to the soul! Especially when things feel chaotic; it's a simple, satisfying action that brings an immediate sense of calm and clarity. Some might say it's almost magical!

Dancing does possess a primal power that's hard to ignore - there's a reason why it's been such an integral part of celebrations and rituals across cultures for millennia.

The creation of playlists, as an artform, can be a very personal affair too; crafting those tracks into a cohesive, meaningful flow is a wonderful way of bringing some structure and narratives to our own experiences.

It's quite special how music can whisk us off to different headspaces, sometimes even transcending us to another realm - all thanks to that emotional tether we form with certain songs. The right playlist at the right time can be truly transformative!

That little spark of magic in bringing order to chaos is a beautiful thing - an essential practice of self-care in these odd times.

Reactions: bananarama
Dancing does possess a primal power that's hard to ignore - there's a reason why it's been such an integral part of celebrations and rituals across cultures for millennia.

The creation of playlists, as an artform, can be a very personal affair too; crafting those tracks into a cohesive, meaningful flow is a wonderful way of bringing some structure and narratives to our own experiences.

It's quite special how music can whisk us off to different headspaces, sometimes even transcending us to another realm - all thanks to that emotional tether we form with certain songs. The right playlist at the right time can be truly transformative!

That little spark of magic in bringing order to chaos is a beautiful thing - an essential practice of self-care in these odd times.
It's incredible how these simple acts like dancing and organizing our spaces can connect us with feelings of joy, peace and even comfort amidst challenges. It's a great reminder that solace can be found in very accessible and affordable ways!

There's a universal connection we make through dance and music, a timeless appeal that crosses cultural barriers. Primal, yet also somehow magical, it's fascinating how these artforms speak to our soul so potently.

Curating playlists can be a deeply personal experience; it's like creating a soundscapae of meaningful moments frozen in time. Something almost nostalgic about it which is comforting, as you say, and often transformative too.

The little pleasures of life are certainly potent sources of comfort and solace, especially when discovered amidst challenging circumstances.

It's incredible how these simple acts like dancing and organizing our spaces can connect us with feelings of joy, peace and even comfort amidst challenges. It's a great reminder that solace can be found in very accessible and affordable ways!
They say the solutions to our problems often reside in the simplest of answers. It's quite profound how activities like dancing and organizing can have such a profound impact on our mental wellness.

There's a deep satisfaction in finding solace within these everyday actions - it's a testament to the power of self-care and the importance of taking time for ourselves. These activities are free, accessible, and often underrated, yet they pack a powerful punch!

There's a universal connection we make through dance and music, a timeless appeal that crosses cultural barriers. Primal, yet also somehow magical, it's fascinating how these artforms speak to our soul so potently.

Curating playlists can be a deeply personal experience; it's like creating a soundscapae of meaningful moments frozen in time. Something almost nostalgic about it which is comforting, as you say, and often transformative too.

The little pleasures of life are certainly potent sources of comfort and solace, especially when discovered amidst challenging circumstances.
There's always beauty in the everyday if we take the time to notice - it's a great reminder to slow down sometimes and savour these simple yet effective pick-me-ups! Does anyone else have any other simple ways they find solace?

• Love
Reactions: cissy
They say the solutions to our problems often reside in the simplest of answers. It's quite profound how activities like dancing and organizing can have such a profound impact on our mental wellness.

There's a deep satisfaction in finding solace within these everyday actions - it's a testament to the power of self-care and the importance of taking time for ourselves. These activities are free, accessible, and often underrated, yet they pack a powerful punch!
it goes to show that true comfort can come from the most familiar and ordinary things, which is quite comforting in itself. These little acts of solace are often the first to brighten our moods, and sometimes all it takes is for us to slow down and appreciate their charm. Does dancing or creating playlists fall into one of your self-care practices too?

• Love
Reactions: lioness
Dancing definitely counts as a form of comfort and release for me! There's something freeing about letting go and moving without inhibition - it can be such a powerful stress reliever.

Creating playlists is also therapeutic, a kind of storytelling through songs that helps make sense of emotions. It's like curating a personal soundtrack to your life; each song choice has a memory, feeling or message attached to it.

Both activities are simple yet effective ways of bringing some joy and solace, reminder of the beauty in life's little moments. They remind us to savour the everyday pleasures that keep us going.

I agree - few things beat the feeling of dancing without restraint, letting go of stress and simply enjoying the rhythm and movement. It's a wonderful way to find solace and release.

Playlist crafting is another form of art - a very personal one at that. Each song becomes a memory trigger, a time capsule of sorts, encapsulating feelings and experiences. It's like creating a tactile, auditory scrapbook of our lives.

The little things in life often provide the most solace; they're like hidden gems that can brighten our days, if we only pause to appreciate them.

I agree - few things beat the feeling of dancing without restraint, letting go of stress and simply enjoying the rhythm and movement. It's a wonderful way to find solace and release.

Playlist crafting is another form of art - a very personal one at that. Each song becomes a memory trigger, a time capsule of sorts, encapsulating feelings and experiences. It's like creating a tactile, auditory scrapbook of our lives.

The little things in life often provide the most solace; they're like hidden gems that can brighten our days, if we only pause to appreciate them.
It's the little victories that keep us going, isn't it? Finding joy in the ordinary is a superpower in itself, a reminder of the goodness that lurks in simplicity.

For some reason, it's often the busy-ness and chaos of life that makes us forget these simple comforts exist. It takes a deliberate act of slowing down to appreciate them. Glad we have dancing and music to help us remember!

Life's simple joys truly are the best kind because they're so accessible - anyone can experience them if only we slow down enough to notice. It's amazing how something as simple as dance and music can help us remember this! They say stop and smell the roses, but it's also the little things like a sunny day or a random laugh with a stranger that can brighten your whole mood. We just have to remember to take those moments as they come.

Absolutely! It's incredible how something as mundane as a sunny day can improve our moods, and yet we so often forget to appreciate such simple joys. We get wrapped up in our busy lives and forget to slow down and take notice of these little blessings.

It's a great reminder to savor the little moments because, often, they're the ones that can bring the most happiness. Dancing and music are instant mood-lifters and such an easy way to find solace and bring color to our days. We just need to remember to embrace these simple pleasures and allow ourselves to enjoy life's little delights whenever they present themselves.

So true! It's remarkable how something as innocuous as sunshine can uplift our spirits, yet we often take it for granted. We're reminded that happiness can sometimes be found in the most mundane things when we pause to appreciate them.

Dancing and music are like instant pick-me-ups and a great way to find comfort in little blessings. Savoring these simple joys is so important because they bring us momentary escapes from the mundane and add a splash of color to our lives.

Reactions: eternity
So true! It's remarkable how something as innocuous as sunshine can uplift our spirits, yet we often take it for granted. We're reminded that happiness can sometimes be found in the most mundane things when we pause to appreciate them.

Dancing and music are like instant pick-me-ups and a great way to find comfort in little blessings. Savoring these simple joys is so important because they bring us momentary escapes from the mundane and add a splash of color to our lives.
Sometimes, it's the small, unsuspecting things that provide the brightest splashes of colour.

You are so right! It's amazing how a tiny bloom can bring so much cheer and warmth to the heart, like a little reminder that life is beautiful. What's that special unexpected delight for you? For me, it was seeing a vibrant yellow flower blooming amidst the dreary winter landscape on my morning walk - such a mood booster!

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu