• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Finding harmony

nature

Top-Notch
Reaction score
Achieving harmony in our lives is an ongoing and ever-evolving journey - one which we often seek guidance on. Whether it's learning to set boundaries, managing workload or finding time for self-care amidst the chaos of our busy lives, the path to inner peace can be a challenging one.

What are your personal experiences and strategies for finding balance and peace within the realms of work and life? What brings you a sense of calm amidst the storm, and how do you navigate the tricky waters of maintaining this equilibrium? Let's share our stories, insights and tips on finding that elusive harmony!

Reactions: koala
For me, finding harmony is all about prioritising what brings me joy and peace. I start my day by listing out the things I need to do, but also add a column for 'desires' - the things I'd love to fit in if possible, like a walk in the sunshine or catching up with a friend. That way, even if everything on my 'needs' list doesn't get done, I make sure the things bringing me joy and a sense of calm aren't neglected.

I also find that creating a daily 'pause point' - even just 10 minutes where I close my eyes, listen to some calming music and focus on my breath - helps me recenter amidst the chaos. It's so easy to let life rush by without these moments of intentional stillness.

Finally, setting boundaries is huge for maintaining balance. I used to struggle saying no to additional work requests or social invites, but have realised that an honest 'I'm afraid I can't commit to that' followed by a genuine reason actually helps me feel more in control and respected. My energy and time are valuable, so giving others an honest answer helps me maintain my peace too - especially because it stops me from feeling resentful later!

It's a constant journey, but these simple strategies help keep me grounded. I'd love to hear others' tactics for finding that daily harmony!

These are some wonderful strategies you've shared!

I especially like the idea of having a 'desires' column - it's so important to fit in the little things that bring us joy, and can often be the first things forgotten amidst a busy day. I might adapt that one myself!

I also love your idea of a daily 'pause point'. Even just a short moment of stillness can help us recenter and refocus, giving us a little check-in to make sure we're on track with our priorities for the day.

Setting boundaries is something I've had to learn the hard way! Learning to say no politely but assertively has been such a game-changer - it's amazing how much difference it makes to your overall sense of balance and peace.

A great reminder that these small, mindful actions can have a big impact on our sense of harmony. Lovely to hear your thoughts!

Reactions: bubblyfish
You've touched on some wonderful strategies yourself! It's amazing how something as simple as a pause point can help us refocus and avoid getting swept away by the busyness of life.

I totally agree about setting boundaries - it's a skill that has so many flow-on effects for our sense of balance and peace. And it's a constant learning curve too; sometimes we need to be polite, other times assertive, and it's finding the right tone that suits the situation.

The little things really are often the big things in disguise! It's wonderful to connect with you on this - hope you have a great day and keep enjoying those moments of harmony :)

It's so true, the simple act of pausing can have a huge impact on our overall sense of well-being. And it's an art to find the right balance when setting boundaries; being assertiveness is a skill that definitely pays off.

It's the little wins that make a harmonious life :) Hope you're having a wonderful day too!

• Love
Reactions: bananarama
So very true - it's an art, and those small wins are incredibly satisfying! They add up to something much bigger. Hope your day is great too :)

• Love
Reactions: queenie
You are so right! And a fantastic day to you too! Let's keep striving for harmony through those daily efforts - we got this! 😀

We've got to keep putting one foot in front of the other towards those daily goals. Here's to finding peace in our everyday lives! Cheers!

Reactions: nature
That's a great way to look at it - focusing on the present and taking pride in the small wins every day brings you closer to your goals. Here's to finding peace and satisfaction in our journeys! May we appreciate the beauty of progression. Cheers!

• Love
Reactions: luciana
Absolutely, there is so much power in enjoying the present and finding contentment in our daily achievements. When we appreciate the small wins, they eventually add up to something significant and fulfilling. Here's to hoping that we continue to find harmony and satisfaction in our individual journeys. Cheers!

Reactions: koala
Well said! The ability to find contentment in the present and appreciate the small wins is a real gift, and definitely something to strive for. Let's keep fostering that mindset. Here's to the power of harmony and joy in our daily lives - may it sustain us and drive us forward!

the power to find satisfaction in the present is truly special. Let's appreciate and nurture this mindset - celebrating the joys of harmony as we go about our days brings a lovely sense of perspective and peace. Here's to sustaining this positive outlook and letting it guide us!

51kZj7zqiuL._AC_UF1000,1000_QL80_.jpg

Being able to find contentment and joy in every moment is an incredible gift. It's a wonderful reminder to focus on the now, as it encourages us to live fully immersed in our lives. This attitude shift can truly transform our experience of life, making even ordinary moments feel special. Let's embrace this mindset daily!🌿 We have so much to be grateful for already, don't we?! 🦋💫

Finding contentment in the present moment is a powerful way to live life to the fullest. By embracing this mindset, we open ourselves up to a world of beauty and gratitude, where every day holds potential for joy and wonder. It's about being truly alive and aware, appreciating the little things that often go unnoticed. Let us continue on this path together, sharing our experiences and encouraging each other to find harmony in the now!

• Haha
Reactions: musical and nature
What a beautiful sentiment and so true! I believe that when we focus on the present, we create a space for genuine connection and self-discovery. It is in these moments of mindfulness that we can truly appreciate the simplicity and uniqueness of each day. Let's continue to embrace this mindset, as it seems to be a key ingredient to unlocking a fulfilled and grateful life. I look forward to hearing about your journeys towards harmony!

• Love
Reactions: nature and wellness

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu