• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Finding equilibrium

luciana

Top-Notch
Reaction score
Achieving equilibrium, especially these days, seems to be a challenge we all struggle with at some point. Work and life demands pull us in different directions and finding our balance can help us navigate these forces.

What are some strategies you use to find your center and maintain equilibrium between work and personal life? How do you realign when you feel pulled too far in one direction or another?

• Haha
Reactions: chickadee
When I feel myself being pulled in different directions, I just focus on the things that matter most to me. I make sure to keep everything in perspective and prioritize what really brings value to my life.

For me, taking some time out for quiet reflection helps me centre myself. I disconnect from all devices, tune out distractions, and think about the bigger picture. This helps me put things in their place and not sweat the small stuff.

I also make sure to schedule dedicated time slots for different aspects of my life - work, exercise, friends, family, and me-time. That way, I ensure that all aspects of my life get attention without compromising one for the other. It helps that I block these times off in my calendar, so everyone around me knows that my availability is limited.

Sometimes, when things get crazy, I just take a quick time-out and do some deep breathing exercises to recenter myself. Then, I can get back to the craziness with a fresh perspective.

Doesn't always have to be a high-stress situation when life gets busy. Just means keeping things in check and managing my time effectively!

53922576844_c0a5cdae76_m.jpg

Finding balance is a tightrope act, especially with the tug-of-war between work and personal life. I try to keep equilibrium by setting clear boundaries and prioritizing self-care. Taking time off the grid and engaging in activities that recharge me help to realign when I'm pulled too far in one direction - a digital detox helps to reset the scales!

As for staying centered, I focus on what's within my control and try not to fret over the rest. Setting manageable goals also keeps me from getting overwhelmed and maintains perspective. Oh ya, and listening to some good old soothing music never fails to center me too!

Honestly, I just wing it lor. No choice one - got to juggle many things at the same time. Prioritize lah, the most urgent and important matters first; if not, sure kena pressure cook.

When everything feels like it's too much, I take a break, breathe, and remind myself of what really matters in life - perspective is key. Once you get that right, everything falls into place eventually.

I try to take a step back and assess the situation when I feel pulled in different directions. It helps me to visually imagine the different aspects of my life as segments of a circle. That way, I can roughly gauge if any areas are overwhelmingly dominant or lacking attention.

From there, it's a matter of conscious effort to allocate time and energy accordingly. I try not to be too hardcore about it - everything in moderation, including moderation haha! I'll usually juggle commitments and schedule some 'me time' for activities I enjoy. That helps me stay grounded and keeps things in perspective.

It doesn't always work, of course; some situations are unpredictable. But having this mental image has helped me regain focus when I'm veering off-course.

Reactions: joyful
When work and life commitments start pulling me in different directions, I just remind myself that keeping a balanced perspective helps me stay sane.

I try to prioritize self-care and make time for things that nourish my soul - whether it's hitting the gym, catching up with friends, or just chilling at home. Taking some me-time helps me recharge and avoid burning out.

Also, I make sure to keep an open line of communication with my colleagues and superiors, so I can manage expectations and deadlines effectively. Having a clear idea of what's coming down the pipeline work-wise helps me prepare and organize myself mentally.

When I feel myself getting tipping too far into one side, I take a step back and think about what's really important to me in that moment - it's usually quality time with family and friends or a quiet night's rest. Then I make sure to carve out space for those activities to bring some perspective back into my life.

I try to keep a healthy perspective by reminding myself of what truly matters and what's just noise. If I feel work is consuming me, I take some time to reconnect with hobbies I love or spend time with family and friends. That helps me remember the importance of life beyond work!

Recharging this way gives me a boost and motivates me to approach work-life balance in a more centered way. Also, taking short breaks throughout the day to just breathe and recalibrate helps me regain focus and perspective. It's about finding little moments to recenter and remind myself what's priority.

200.gif

I try to keep a healthy perspective by reminding myself of what truly matters and what's just noise. If I feel work is consuming me, I take some time to reconnect with hobbies I love or spend time with family and friends. That helps me remember the importance of life beyond work!

Recharging this way gives me a boost and motivates me to approach work-life balance in a more centered way. Also, taking short breaks throughout the day to just breathe and recalibrate helps me regain focus and perspective. It's about finding little moments to recenter and remind myself what's priority.

200.gif
I do have a hard time switching off from work mode sometimes cos my job can be quite draining. But I find that making time to do the things I enjoy helps a lot - like catching up on my favourite TV shows or having a good meal with friends. laughing out loud and just taking my mind off work-related stuff is actually quite rejuvenating. It's like giving your brain some downtime and when you get back to work, you feel fresher and more focused somehow.

• Haha
Reactions: cissy and koala
I do have a hard time switching off from work mode sometimes cos my job can be quite draining. But I find that making time to do the things I enjoy helps a lot - like catching up on my favourite TV shows or having a good meal with friends. laughing out loud and just taking my mind off work-related stuff is actually quite rejuvenating. It's like giving your brain some downtime and when you get back to work, you feel fresher and more focused somehow.
Ya, keeping equilibrium these days is like trying to stay standing amidst two strong winds blowing in opposite directions! Setting boundaries and me-time are super important - our personal space needs respect too haha! I feel ya about the brain needing downtime. I do the same - filling my time with things I enjoy away from work helps a lot, like exercising or exploring new places around the city. And true that - taking off from the grid for a bit gives a fresh perspective and a welcome reset.

And I totally agree about not fretting over things we can't control - life's too short for the what ifs and maybes! Better to focus our energy on manageable goals and keep things in perspective. We can only do so much Anyway. Oh ya, and chill-out music is my go-to stress buster too - nothing like some good tunes to get us centered and grounded!

53153529603_b4a32aa5ca_m.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: koala
Ya, keeping equilibrium these days is like trying to stay standing amidst two strong winds blowing in opposite directions! Setting boundaries and me-time are super important - our personal space needs respect too haha! I feel ya about the brain needing downtime. I do the same - filling my time with things I enjoy away from work helps a lot, like exercising or exploring new places around the city. And true that - taking off from the grid for a bit gives a fresh perspective and a welcome reset.

And I totally agree about not fretting over things we can't control - life's too short for the what ifs and maybes! Better to focus our energy on manageable goals and keep things in perspective. We can only do so much Anyway. Oh ya, and chill-out music is my go-to stress buster too - nothing like some good tunes to get us centered and grounded!

53153529603_b4a32aa5ca_m.jpg
Finding that middle ground can be tough when there's so much going on. Like you said, setting boundaries is a good way to keep everything in check and make sure our personal time gets the respect it deserves!

Filling our days off with fun activities away from work is a great idea too. I also find that having some quiet 'me' time helps - meditating or just sitting down with a cup of tea somewhere peaceful helps me realign and recharge. And yup, perspective is everything - no point wasting energy on things we can't change!

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu