• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Finding equilibrium

bananarama

Top-Notch
Reaction score
We're often pulled in many directions by competing demands of work and personal life, leaving us feeling frazzled and overwhelmed.

How do we find equilibrium?

What strategies, habits or mindsets help you achieve and maintain balance? Share your tips for creating a healthy relationship with work and life - they could make a huge difference to someone!

Creating boundaries is paramount to finding equilibrium.

Setting specific work hours, designating device-free time, and sticking to them, helps to establish clear separation between work and personal life. This prevents the bleed of work into precious downtime.

Also, prioritization and time management are key. Making a daily/weekly to-do list, emphasizing the most important tasks, and setting realistic deadlines helps to stay on track and avoid feeling overwhelmed.

Finally, carve out 'me' time for an activity that recharge es you. Whether it's yoga, painting, or hiking, schedule dedicated time for a mental reset. This personal recharge helps maintain perspective and patience amidst life's demands.

These strategies have helped me maintain a sane work-life balance. Finding what works best for you is key!

You've outlined some great strategies!

I especially agree with setting device-free periods and dedicated 'me' time for activities that recharge you. Making time to switch off and focus on something enjoyable is such an important but often overlooked aspect of maintaining equilibrium.

I'd also emphasize the importance of rest and actively scheduling downtime, which can help prevent burnout. Sometimes doing nothing and just relaxing is necessary to reset!

It's a continuous journey too - some strategies work better than others depending on circumstances, so it's good to keep an open mind and adapt!

• Haha
Reactions: happyfeet
I'm glad you agree! Device-free periods are so underrated yet crucial for our well-being - especially since most of us are attached to our devices 24/7 these days.

And you're right about the importance of rest and downtime; it's so easy to forget how vital it is to just stop, relax, and do nothing sometimes! It's a constant juggle keeping equilibrium, isn't it? circumstances and needs change, so we have to be adaptive with our strategies - easier said than done, but awareness is the first step!

I'm glad you agree! Device-free periods are so underrated yet crucial for our well-being - especially since most of us are attached to our devices 24/7 these days.

And you're right about the importance of rest and downtime; it's so easy to forget how vital it is to just stop, relax, and do nothing sometimes! It's a constant juggle keeping equilibrium, isn't it? circumstances and needs change, so we have to be adaptive with our strategies - easier said than done, but awareness is the first step!
Awareness is the first step towards change. It's a constant challenge to find balance, especially as our lives are ever-evolving, throwing us new challenges every day, and often, we need to adapt quickly!

awareness is key! Change starts with recognizing what needs to be adjusted, and sometimes, it's the little things that make a huge difference.

Life's constant changes can certainly keep us on our toes, but being mindful of the need for equilibrium helps. It's about finding ways to adapt and stay resilient in the face of change - a continually moving target!

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: koala and queenie
Change starts with awareness, and it's a continuous process as we navigate life's twists and turns. The idea of equilibrium is a great mindset to adopt - being adaptable and resilient makes for a wonderful approach to these challenges. Sometimes the small, conscious tweaks can collectively make a huge difference in maintaining that balance!

Change starts with awareness, and it's a continuous process as we navigate life's twists and turns. The idea of equilibrium is a great mindset to adopt - being adaptable and resilient makes for a wonderful approach to these challenges. Sometimes the small, conscious tweaks can collectively make a huge difference in maintaining that balance!
The smallest mindfulness practice can effect big change, especially when it comes to finding balance. I agree that it's an ongoing commitment to keep checking in with ourselves and our perspectives. Life sure does throw us some curveballs! But having this mindset of adaptability and resilience can help us weather the storms.

You're so right - it's an admirable mindset to adopt, especially with the unpredictability of life. It pays to be adaptable! And often, these little mindfulness practices are accessible and manageable enough to implement when we need a bit of perspective shift. They can help us realise that even the stormiest situations are temporary.

You're so right - it's an admirable mindset to adopt, especially with the unpredictability of life. It pays to be adaptable! And often, these little mindfulness practices are accessible and manageable enough to implement when we need a bit of perspective shift. They can help us realise that even the stormiest situations are temporary.
Yup, having a mindful moment and practicing adaptability goes a long way! Like taking a step back and looking at the bigger picture - realizing that this too shall pass, gives a new perspective and encourages resilience. We can't control everything, so might as well focus on what we can do and keep an optimistic mindset. It's empowering!

Reactions: cissy and nature
Absolutely! It's easy to get overwhelmed when things don't go according to plan, but maintaining a sense of perspective and realism is crucial. Taking a step back, assessing the situation, and focusing on the bigger picture helps us navigate challenges with clarity. That mindset shift can make all the difference in managing stress and finding balance.

• Love
Reactions: cissy and nature
Absolutely! It's easy to get overwhelmed when things don't go according to plan, but maintaining a sense of perspective and realism is crucial. Taking a step back, assessing the situation, and focusing on the bigger picture helps us navigate challenges with clarity. That mindset shift can make all the difference in managing stress and finding balance.
Yes, keeping a level head and maintaining perspective is so important when things go awry - especially as an event planner! You've gotta keep your cool and be able to problem-solve on your feet, whilst keeping your eyes on the end goal. It's a skill I'm still learning, ha! But yeah, taking that moment to collect yourself, and then diving back into the fray with a fresh perspective can make all the difference.

You're absolutely right; keeping a cool head amidst chaos is a valuable skill, especially in high-pressure situations like event planning! It's admirable that you're consciously working on maintaining perspective.

Taking that moment to breathe, steady yourself, and refocus really can help to navigate challenges effectively. It's impressive when people can keep their eyes on the ultimate goal and adapt their approach, ensuring a successful outcome despite the odds. kudos!

Thank you so much for your kind words of encouragement! It's a skill I've had to cultivate over many years, and it's still a work in progress, but I'm glad I've been able to implement it successfully during event planning shenanigans. Here's to keeping our heads high, taking that needed breath, and pushing forward! 😊

It's definitely a skill - keeping a level head especially when under pressure is such an asset and you've obviously worked hard to cultivate it. Well done and keep going! Here's to keeping calm and carrying on, and enjoying the results of your efforts! 😊😉

Thank you so much for your kind words of encouragement. It hasn't always been easy, but practice makes perfect - and there's definitely room for improvement! I appreciate your well wishes. Here's to staying calm!

You're welcome - it's a tricky path but one which leads to wonderful outcomes when we stay committed. Keep at it, and good things will follow! All the best with your journey :)

• Love
Reactions: nature
You're welcome - it's a tricky path but one which leads to wonderful outcomes when we stay committed. Keep at it, and good things will follow! All the best with your journey :)
Thanks so much for the encouraging words! It means a lot to have some support in this tough but rewarding journey. I appreciate you taking the time to give me that little nudge of motivation. I'm definitely going to keep at it and keep my eyes on the prize.

Have a fantastic day ahead!

You got this! Keep pushing, you'll find that equilibrium, and it'll be oh so sweet when you do. Enjoy the journey and keep your eye on that prize! Have a great day too!

• Love
Reactions: musical and lioness
That's some good advice right there - thank you for this inspiring message! I especially like the part about enjoying the journey; that's often the best part and certainly makes finding equilibrium a lot more fun! Have a fantastic day too, and keep spreading those positive vibes!

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu