• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Feeding Troubles

greenfingers

Top-Notch
Reaction score
I need some help troubleshooting feeding issues! I'm at my wit's end because my little one has been having trouble eating lately, and I'm not sure what to do. He seems so frustrated because it's like the milk isn't coming out fast enough or something — I've tried everything I can think of! Any suggestions would be super helpful, mamas.

• Haha
Reactions: mamamia and luciana
Have you tried different flow nipples? Sometimes that helps when they're getting frustrated because the milk isn't flowing fast enough; it's like an upgrade to a firehose!

It could also be worth checking in with your pediatrician to ensure there's not something medical going on that might require a different flow or special nipples. That's a good idea whenever you're dealing with unexplained feeding issues, especially if baby seems particularly frustrated or is struggling to gain weight. They can check for tongue-tie, lip-tie, and other issues that might make nursing difficult.

It's so hard when little ones have feeding struggles—I hope you get it sorted soon!

Great suggestions! We've all been there, trying everything we can think of to help our little one feed better. I'm glad you mentioned checking in with the pediatrician - sometimes there's an underlying issue like a potential allergy that can cause feeding struggles too.

It's a tough gig but kudos to you for being so proactive and hopefully you'll have it figured out soon!

Tough - thanks so much! I appreciate the encouragement, and you're right about potential underlying issues. We've got an appointment coming up, so hopefully, we can get some answers and figure this out soon. It's hard to see your little one struggling!

I'm glad you have an appointment coming up - it's best to rule out any serious issues. Hope you get some answers and relief soon, it's so hard when they struggle with feeding. Hang in there!

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu