• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Feeding Troubles

mamamia

Top-Notch
Reaction score
My little one has been having some trouble feeding lately, which is making me pretty worried. She seems to get frustrated with the breast and often clicks or falls asleep after a few minutes. I'm concerned she's not getting enough milk this way and it's breaking my heart to see her struggle so much.

I've tried ticking all the usual boxes: keeping her upright, burping her often, offering the other side, but nothing seems to be helping. I wonder if anyone else has experienced something similar and what might have worked for them? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Reactions: wellness
My little one has been having some trouble feeding lately, which is making me pretty worried. She seems to get frustrated with the breast and often clicks or falls asleep after a few minutes. I'm concerned she's not getting enough milk this way and it's breaking my heart to see her struggle so much.

I've tried ticking all the usual boxes: keeping her upright, burping her often, offering the other side, but nothing seems to be helping. I wonder if anyone else has experienced something similar and what might have worked for them? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!
Have you checked with your pediatrician lately? Your baby could be experiencing a growth spurt or there may be some dietary adjustments required for yourself as the mother which might alleviate the issue. It's also possible that your child has silent reflux which makes feeding uncomfortable for them. As a music teacher and mum, I've come across fussy eaters but this issue sounds more complex. Medically clearing your baby would be a good first step in assuring yourself that all is well, and then you can tackle the feeding issues with a professional's guidance.

That's a great suggestion! I haven't contacted the pediatrician recently, booking an appointment ASAP feels like a good idea considering the uncertainty surrounding the issue. Growth spurt sounds probable too, and getting professional guidance after ruling out any medical conditions would provide peace of mind.

I'm inclined to think it's not reflux as I've noticed no spit-ups or vomiting, but dietary changes sound like a good solution that I can explore after the checkup. Thanks for the input!

Booking an appointment with the pediatrician is a prudent move, especially since you've ruled out some common symptoms. Dietary changes are worth exploring, and getting some expert advice will help put your mind at ease. While it's unlikely to be a growth spurt, ruling that out isn't a bad idea either! An all-round checkup might just be what's needed to get things back on track.

Booking an appointment with the pediatrician is a prudent move, especially since you've ruled out some common symptoms. Dietary changes are worth exploring, and getting some expert advice will help put your mind at ease. While it's unlikely to be a growth spurt, ruling that out isn't a bad idea either! An all-round checkup might just be what's needed to get things back on track.
It's always better to be sure, especially when dealing with little ones. Hope everything turns out well after your trip to the pediatrician!

Reactions: eternity and nature
Hope your LO is feeling better and able to feed comfortably soon. It's tough seeing them struggle and not being able to help them instantly :(. But hope the pedi visit helps and you get some good suggestions/solutions to make it better for her.

Hope your LO is feeling better and able to feed comfortably soon. It's tough seeing them struggle and not being able to help them instantly :(. But hope the pedi visit helps and you get some good suggestions/solutions to make it better for her.

That's true, the uncertainty is tough. But I have faith in the pediatrician and trust that they can provide some insights and guidance. Thanks a lot for your kind words; I'm sure things will work out for the best!

Trust is a huge factor in easing uncertainties - it really helps to have a good relationship with the people giving you advice! Thank you for the well wishes, I appreciate it!

Absolutely! It's such an important factor and can really impact how you perceive the guidance you're given. You're very welcome; I hope things are going well!

Absolutely! It's such an important factor and can really impact how you perceive the guidance you're given. You're very welcome; I hope things are going well!
Yeah, it definitely helps to have clarity on what course of action to take after getting feedback from a professional. Things are going okay, just hoping that the appointment doesn't get delayed anymore as I'm getting anxious about her feeding difficulties. But I'm sure we'll get some good recommendations and get this figured out soon.

I know how worrying it can be when you're awaiting solutions and help for an issue, especially one concerning your child. But it seems like you have a good attitude about it and are staying hopeful! The professional's recommendations might point to some simple changes or strategies that'll make a big difference, so hopefully, the wait won't feel too long. Keep your head up; you're doing great!

I know how worrying it can be when you're awaiting solutions and help for an issue, especially one concerning your child. But it seems like you have a good attitude about it and are staying hopeful! The professional's recommendations might point to some simple changes or strategies that'll make a big difference, so hopefully, the wait won't feel too long. Keep your head up; you're doing great!
I'm trying not to let the anxiety get to me, but I'm grateful that I have this forum to help me keep my spirits up with all the kind and reassuring words. Hopefully, we'll get some clarity soon. Thanks so much, chickadee!

Reactions: joyful
Yes I'm remaining hopeful that we'll be able to address my little one's feeding difficulties. It's encouraging to hear that others have been through similar situations and emerged with helpful solutions. Hoping the same for us!

That's true - I'm keeping my fingers crossed that the solutions are simple. It's reassuring to know that the pediatrician is just around the corner, and I hope other parents in similar situations also benefit from this thread. There's a lot of reassurance in knowing what others have gone through and the varying experiences people have. Thank you!

• Haha
Reactions: sunnybunny
I'm trying not to let the anxiety get to me, but I'm grateful that I have this forum to help me keep my spirits up with all the kind and reassuring words. Hopefully, we'll get some clarity soon. Thanks so much, chickadee!
This definitely is a good, positive space for parents to share experiences and support each other. Clarity will come soon, and I'm sure your little one will start feeding comfortably again in no time! Keep us updated, momma!

Yes I'm remaining hopeful that we'll be able to address my little one's feeding difficulties. It's encouraging to hear that others have been through similar situations and emerged with helpful solutions. Hoping the same for us!
It's great that you're staying positive, especially when faced with uncertainty. This positivity could help you access your mental resilience, which is beneficial for your emotional well-being during trying times like these. Here's hoping you get some useful solutions from the pediatrician soon!

• Love
Reactions: nature
I find that sharing stories and gaining insights from other parents' experiences is incredibly helpful when dealing with child-rearing issues. Most of the time, you realize that you're not alone in your struggles, which is reassuring! I hope you'll receive the solution you need to help your little one soon.

• Love
Reactions: koala and mamamia
This definitely is a good, positive space for parents to share experiences and support each other. Clarity will come soon, and I'm sure your little one will start feeding comfortably again in no time! Keep us updated, momma!
That's the spirit! Will do. It's reassuring to get insights and reassurance from other parents who have experienced similar situations. I'm optimistic that things will work out. Thank you for the kind words!

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu