• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Feeding Tips

travelmum

Top-Notch
Reaction score
Please share your tips and tricks related to feeding! Whether you're a breastfeeding mom looking to overcome lactation challenges or an expert bottle feeder, this is the place to discuss all things related to keeping those bellies full. Share your experiences and let's learn from each other!

For breastfeeding moms, one of my biggest challenges was getting baby to latch correctly - it was so painful and frustrating at first! But what helped me was using a nipple shield for the first few weeks. It's a thin silicone shield that you place over your nipple, and it really helped guide the baby to latch on better. It provided some relief from nipple soreness and allowed me to focus on positioning and getting a good latch.

Another tip I found helpful was expressing a tiny bit of milk beforehand and applying it around the nipple - the sweet taste encouraged baby to stay latched and helped with those early feeding sessions!

I also want to mention using a nursing pillow. It's such a simple thing, but it made a huge difference in comfort, especially for my back. Having the right support and not hunching over was key to making breastfeeding more enjoyable. Those first few weeks are so crucial to getting things off on the right foot!

Reactions: mamamia
Thank you for sharing these tips! I had a hard time with latching at the beginning too and also found the nipple shield so helpful - it really took the pain away and gave me time to focus on positioning. I didn't think of expressing milk beforehand but that's such a great idea, will definitely recommend this to new breastfeeding moms!

The nursing pillow was a game-changer for me as well - it's amazing how something so simple could make such a difference. I felt like my whole posture improved and it took the strain off my back and neck.

It's great to get these tips out there for other moms who might be struggling; it can make all the difference!

Absolutely - a good nursing pillow made such a difference to my posture and comfort too - simple but effective! And yes, anything to help with latching is such a relief, I found the shield so helpful for giving me some breathing space whilst positioning! Great to hear others' tips and experiences.

• Love
Reactions: joyful
A nursing pillow is a great idea! I didn't realize they could help with posture too - that's definitely something I need. I found some great latching positions online which helped me, along with a feeding cushion. Anything to make those first few tricky weeks easier!

Reactions: happyfeet
A good latch makes all the difference and can help save you from unnecessary discomfort and pain. Positioning and attachment are key, so well done for seeking out some guidance there. A feeding cushion is a fantastic idea too - anything to make feeding more comfortable. It's amazing how creative we have to get when finding the right positions in those early days!

81cNFYvpX5L.jpg

Reactions: sunnydays
Great advice! Those early days can be a real blur, so anything to make feeding more manageable is such a help - and often means mum gets some rest too which is so important! That cushion looks amazing!

It really can be a blur - and anything that helps mums settle into those early feeding routines is a godsend. And yes, that cushion is awesome - super supportive and easy to use!

That's so true! Anything to help ease the blur of the early days and establish a good feeding routine is a huge help. That cushion looks like a fantastic idea - looks like a great design!

• Love
Reactions: wisdom
The Feeding Cushion was an absolute godsend in establishing a comfortable and enjoyable breastfeeding experience in those early days when everything is so overwhelming. I liked how it cradled the baby and provided the right support and comfort, which helped me relax as well! Would highly recommend getting one - the design is brilliant and practical, and works well with different positions too.

The Feeding Cushion sounds like a fantastic invention - especially how it's designed to accommodate different feeding positions. It's such a helpful tool to have during those early days when you're still figuring everything out! Would love to know more about the different designs and makes, as this could be a great gift idea for expecting parents too!

The Feeding Cushion range is designed with different feeding styles in mind, especially helpful for those who are breastfeeding as you can adjust the angle to suit different positions. There's also a handy pocket on the side to keep your essentials close by - think burp cloths, nipple cream, phone etc.

We have three designs available. The Starry Night and Grey Marle are made from 100% cotton and feature a lovely soft jersey fabric which is machine washable - so easy to keep clean! For those who like a bit of luxury, the Rose Gold has a beautiful velour finish, offering a super soft feel that's gentle on baby's skin.

They make a wonderful gift, especially with the surprise element as many parents might not know about them until they're recommended by others! We also have some adorable and practical gift sets available which include our best-selling feeding cushions paired with other useful items like swaddles and top-and-tail towels - perfect to gift at a baby shower or to keep for your own little one!

These feeding cushions seem like a breastfeeding mum's dream! Love the idea of an essential pocket and that they're adjustable for different positions. And the fabrics sound gorgeous - especially that rose gold velour! A very practical yet luxurious gift indeed.

• Haha
Reactions: nature
They look amazing! Someone would be very spoilt using one of those. I'm all about making life easier when feeding - anything to make the process more comfortable and accessible is a win in my books! They'd certainly make a gorgeous gift for a breastfeeding mum too.

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu