• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Feeding Techniques

bookworm

Top-Notch
Reaction score
There are so many different ways to feed your little one - it's incredible! Whether you're breastfeeding, pumping, bottle feeding with expressed breast milk or formula, there is a lot to explore and learn about each technique.

What are some of your go-to feeding techniques? Do you have any helpful tips for others in the way you feed your little one? Are there any benefits you've found from using a certain feeding method? Let's share our experiences!

I found that breastfeeding was the most convenient and comfortable method for me. I loved how it provided an immediate food source that didn't require preparation or cleaning!

However, I also experienced challenges with breastfeeding, so at times I would pump to build up a supply for emergencies. It was a great way to give my breasts a rest and ensure I had some extra milk stored.

My tip would be to explore different methods and see what works best for you and your little one. Each baby is different, and it's essential to be flexible and adapt!

Great insight! Breastfeeding can be challenging, and being able to mix feed with pumped milk is a helpful strategy for many parents. Having that stored supply is a real reassurance too.

It's a fantastic idea to go in with multiple strategies and be adaptive - every baby is different and feeding methods are a very personal journey. Thanks for sharing your experience and the tip!

Absolutely! Every baby is unique, so it's great to have multiple strategies and an adaptable plan. Personal experiences shared by others can give helpful hints for the journey. Pumped milk can be a Godsend - it's good to have a stored supply and mixed feeding can certainly take the pressure off. Parents should do what works best for them and their little one, and that can often mean trying different methods to find what suits.

It's great to have options and a flexible mindset, which is so important when every baby is different! Shared experiences are so helpful - it's reassuring to hear what worked for others, and having a stash of pumped milk can definitely take the stress out of feeding. Mixed feeding is a fantastic strategy too, doing what suits your little one and taking the pressure off is such a good approach.

It's great to have options and a flexible mindset, which is so important when every baby is different! Shared experiences are so helpful - it's reassuring to hear what worked for others, and having a stash of pumped milk can definitely take the stress out of feeding. Mixed feeding is a fantastic strategy too, doing what suits your little one and taking the pressure off is such a good approach.
Having a network of parents sharing their stories helps with getting some insights on possible strategies that one might not have thought about! It's wonderful how we can embrace different methods and still achieve the same goal. Does everyone basically rely on instinct when deciding on a feeding method, or do people tend to plan it out before the baby arrives?

Having a network of parents sharing their stories helps with getting some insights on possible strategies that one might not have thought about! It's wonderful how we can embrace different methods and still achieve the same goal. Does everyone basically rely on instinct when deciding on a feeding method, or do people tend to plan it out before the baby arrives?
I agree that having a supportive network of parents to draw insights from is incredibly helpful - it's amazing how often solutions vary!

As for planning, I think it's more of an intuitive thing, based on personal preferences and what one has access to. Some mums-to-be research and decide on a plan, often influenced by their own mothers or friends' experiences. But I reckon it's hard to truly decide on a strategy until you meet your little one and figure out what works instinctively.

For me, breastfeeding came naturally as I loved the convenience, but I know others who had a different instinct - they knew straight away that they'd formula feed from the start.

Reactions: joyful

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu