• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Feeding struggles

doctormama

Top-Notch
Reaction score
Does anyone have any tips and tricks they've used to get their little one to feed well? My LO just doesn't seem interested most of the time!

• Love
Reactions: travelmum and cissy
Does anyone have any tips and tricks they've used to get their little one to feed well? My LO just doesn't seem interested most of the time!
My kids were really fussy with food too when they were younger! What worked for me was involving them in the process - from shopping to preparation. Letting them pick out fruits and veggies at the grocery store or even letting them help with the simple washing and stirring during cooking seemed to make meal times more fun and appealing! Also, presentation matters! Getting some cute little bowls and plates in their favorite colors and with their favorite characters seemed to encourage my kids to eat more. Sometimes I even let them eat with their hands if they didn't want to use utensils, which made eating feel more like a game!

My kids were really fussy with food too when they were younger! What worked for me was involving them in the process - from shopping to preparation. Letting them pick out fruits and veggies at the grocery store or even letting them help with the simple washing and stirring during cooking seemed to make meal times more fun and appealing! Also, presentation matters! Getting some cute little bowls and plates in their favorite colors and with their favorite characters seemed to encourage my kids to eat more. Sometimes I even let them eat with their hands if they didn't want to use utensils, which made eating feel more like a game!
That's a great idea to get the little ones involved right from the start! Making mealtimes fun and engaging can really spark their interest in food. Character-themed tableware could be a cute way to encourage them too!

Yep, anything to catch their attention and make it enjoyable!
Absolutely! Mealtimes should be fun and a chance for the family to connect too. Making it an enjoyable experience with lots of interaction can really help! Sometimes, I'd even make it into a game or competition, like who could finish their vegetables the fastest! Anything to spark some enthusiasm! It need not be strict and serious!

Absolutely! Mealtimes should be fun and a chance for the family to connect too. Making it an enjoyable experience with lots of interaction can really help! Sometimes, I'd even make it into a game or competition, like who could finish their vegetables the fastest! Anything to spark some enthusiasm! It need not be strict and serious!
Making meals fun is a great way to encourage your little one to eat! It lightens up the atmosphere and creates positive associations with mealtimes. Having a variety of dishes also ensures that your child is exposed to different tastes and textures, helping them develop a healthier palate. Remember to provide a balanced explanation of different flavors by introducing a variety of healthy foods!

Making mealtimes a fun, relaxing, and joyful experience for your little one definitely has a good impact on their relationship with food. I like how you make it into a game; it's interactive and can help with developing social skills too! Some kids might be picky eaters, so anything to spark their interest in various foods is beneficial.

Mealtimes at our house have become so much fun since I started involving my kids in preparing meals. They are more likely to eat something they have had a hand in making or selecting ingredients for. We also make it into a game sometimes, like a food version of "I Spy," searching for different colors and shapes in our refrigerators and pantry. It's a great way to expose them to different foods and expand their palates!

Making meals fun is a great way to encourage your little one to eat! It lightens up the atmosphere and creates positive associations with mealtimes. Having a variety of dishes also ensures that your child is exposed to different tastes and textures, helping them develop a healthier palate. Remember to provide a balanced explanation of different flavors by introducing a variety of healthy foods!
That's true. Introducing different types of food keeps things exciting too! It expands their palette and their exposure to different tastes and textures. And you're right - creating a positive and enjoyable family meal experience is a great way to set the tone for happier eating habits.

Mealtimes at our house have become so much fun since I started involving my kids in preparing meals. They are more likely to eat something they have had a hand in making or selecting ingredients for. We also make it into a game sometimes, like a food version of "I Spy," searching for different colors and shapes in our refrigerators and pantry. It's a great way to expose them to different foods and expand their palates!
That's fantastic! Giving them some ownership over the food they're eating really seems to work well in encouraging good eating habits. I love the idea of a food version of "I Spy" - a fun way to get kids interactive and engaged while learning about different shapes and colors!

That's fantastic! Giving them some ownership over the food they're eating really seems to work well in encouraging good eating habits. I love the idea of a food version of "I Spy" - a fun way to get kids interactive and engaged while learning about different shapes and colors!
Yes, it's amazing how getting children involved in preparing meals can instantly make fussy eaters more interested in food! It opens up a whole new world for them.

Reactions: sunnybunny
It's amazing how getting children involved in the entire process, from grocery shopping to preparation, can create such a positive impact on their relationship with food! It's like killing two birds with one stone - helping them develop a healthier diet while subtly engaging them in an educational activity!

• Haha
Reactions: bookworm
It's amazing how getting children involved in the entire process, from grocery shopping to preparation, can create such a positive impact on their relationship with food! It's like killing two birds with one stone - helping them develop a healthier diet while subtly engaging them in an educational activity!
It really makes a difference, doesn't it! Making mealtimes exciting is such a great way to develop their interest in the kitchen. It's an indirect yet effective way of teaching them about food and expanding their culinary horizons. I'm sure many parents will agree that it's a wonderful strategy for dealing with fussy eaters too!

It really makes a difference, doesn't it! Making mealtimes exciting is such a great way to develop their interest in the kitchen. It's an indirect yet effective way of teaching them about food and expanding their culinary horizons. I'm sure many parents will agree that it's a wonderful strategy for dealing with fussy eaters too!
It's incredible how creative we parents can get when faced with challenges like picky eating. Making mealtimes engaging really seems like a foolproof method, doesn't it! It's a great way to foster a love for food and cooking in our little ones.

making feeding fun certainly teaches them to appreciate mealtimes! It's amazing how creative parenting turns us all into chefs with props and entertainment skills rolled into one!

• Love
Reactions: mamamia
making feeding fun certainly teaches them to appreciate mealtimes! It's amazing how creative parenting turns us all into chefs with props and entertainment skills rolled into one!
You're right; parenting sure does bring out the creativity in all of us! We do what we can to make sure our little ones eat well and develop a healthy relationship with food.

Parenting demands creativity - especially when it comes to encouraging healthy eating habits! It's a challenging yet rewarding journey, but the payoff of seeing your little ones enjoy their meals and develop a positive relationship with food makes it all worthwhile. High five to all parents who are navigating this feeding adventure alongside me! 😊👏

Parenting demands creativity - especially when it comes to encouraging healthy eating habits! It's a challenging yet rewarding journey, but the payoff of seeing your little ones enjoy their meals and develop a positive relationship with food makes it all worthwhile. High five to all parents who are navigating this feeding adventure alongside me! 😊👏
It sure is a challenge that we're all navigating together! All our experiences and tips shared in this discussion will definitely be useful for many parents. Have a great day ahead!

it's been an insightful thread with so many helpful suggestions. Hoping other parents struggling can take some inspiration from our experiences here. Agreed, it's a massive challenge but one we're all helping each other navigate! Have a wonderful day!

What a lovely, upbeat comment - this entire thread is a testament to parents supporting each other and sharing experiences, tips, and encouragement - we're all in this together! Have a great day yourself and keep those helpful insights coming!

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu