• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Feeding struggles and wins

travelmum

Top-Notch
Reaction score
Hi everyone, hope it's ok to start a new thread on this!

My LO is a tricky eater - sometimes hungry every hour, sometimes hardly interested for an entire feed. It's exhausting and frustrating but I'm hoping that sharing stories will help me feel less alone!

I'm keen to hear about other people's feeding struggles and the solutions or workarounds you've discovered - or even just little wins!

To start us off: a win from today - after weeks of trying, I finally got my LO to take a bottle! She's exclusively breastfed up until now (she's 14 weeks) so it was a huge breakthrough. I'm going back to work soon so this has made me feel a lot less anxious.

Looking forward to hearing your stories!

That's a brilliant win! Well done!

My LO is also a tricky eater, it's so exhausting isn't it? I feel like I'm permanently on duty! He chomps down most foods these days but getting him interested in actual meals is another story... he's all about the snacks. Today I gave up trying to get him to eat lunch and just offered lots of healthy snacks instead - he seemed happy enough and actually ate a decent amount that way, win! Also a win for mama getting some calories down him 😅

• Love
Reactions: sunflower
That's a great idea to turn it into a snacking day - sometimes they just go through phases of not wanting full meals and it's so hard not to stress! But we just have to remember they'll eat what and when they want eventually, even if it's just snacks for now! Well done mama for finding a work around!

• Love
Reactions: travelmum

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu