• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Feeding struggles and solutions

joyful

Top-Notch
Reaction score
I think we all go through some feeding struggles, whether it's getting baby to latch, dealing with gassy babies or trying to figure out how much solids our little ones should be eating. Let's share our struggles and find solutions together!

What were some of your feeding challenges and how did you overcome them? What worked for you might help another mama here!

• Haha
Reactions: travelmum
I think we all go through some feeding struggles, whether it's getting baby to latch, dealing with gassy babies or trying to figure out how much solids our little ones should be eating. Let's share our struggles and find solutions together!

What were some of your feeding challenges and how did you overcome them? What worked for you might help another mama here!
I remember the days when my kids were picky about their food. They would just take one bite and declare that they don't like it. Sometimes, they would refuse to eat anything but milk, which was frustrating, especially when I knew they had an empty stomach because they skipped meals.

What worked for me was exposing them to the same foods repeatedly and in different forms. For example, if they didn't like carrots one day, I'd steam some carrot chunks the next meal, or blend it into a smooth puree and add it into their favorite soup. The change in texture and preparation helped sometimes. Also, involving them in the cooking process, especially for older kids, helps too! They feel a sense of ownership over the meal and are more encouraged to give it a try.

That's a great strategy! I find that introducing new foods gradually and repeatedly does help expand their palate. Also, transforming the same food item into different dishes helps familiarise them with the taste and texture, which encourages them to explore more. Cooking together is definitely a fun way to engage them in the process and build excitement for mealtime. Thanks for sharing your experience!

That's a great strategy! I find that introducing new foods gradually and repeatedly does help expand their palate. Also, transforming the same food item into different dishes helps familiarise them with the taste and texture, which encourages them to explore more. Cooking together is definitely a fun way to engage them in the process and build excitement for mealtime. Thanks for sharing your experience!
Ya, it's true. As children, their taste buds are still developing, so exposing them to various tastes, textures, and smells helps develop their palette and encourages a healthier relationship with food from young. We as parents got to remember that it's a gradual process and not to give up hope even if they嫌食物第一口试吃就皱眉。 Some days will be better than others and it's all part of the journey yah!

• Love
Reactions: sunnybunny
Yes, I agree! Slowly introducing new foods and transforming them into interesting dishes is a good way of encouraging adventurous eating. It's also a great way to bond with our little ones in the kitchen! :) Do you have any other tips on handling picky eaters?

For me, I also make it a point to not give up and not get too discouraged when they express dislike for new foods. Persistence and consistency are key, as well as maintaining a positive dining experience with encouraging vibes and patience. It can be challenging, but I remind myself that it's a gradual process.

Yes, I agree! Slowly introducing new foods and transforming them into interesting dishes is a good way of encouraging adventurous eating. It's also a great way to bond with our little ones in the kitchen! :) Do you have any other tips on handling picky eaters?

For me, I also make it a point to not give up and not get too discouraged when they express dislike for new foods. Persistence and consistency are key, as well as maintaining a positive dining experience with encouraging vibes and patience. It can be challenging, but I remind myself that it's a gradual process.
That's true. The experience in the kitchen is part of the fun and helps create good memories around food!

I've found that having realistic expectations and not being too pushy is crucial. Some days will be better than others, as you said, and remaining patient goes a long way. Also, I try not to offer snacks too close to mealtime so that my kids arrive at the table truly hungry - this helps them be more open to new foods!

That's true. The experience in the kitchen is part of the fun and helps create good memories around food!

I've found that having realistic expectations and not being too pushy is crucial. Some days will be better than others, as you said, and remaining patient goes a long way. Also, I try not to offer snacks too close to mealtime so that my kids arrive at the table truly hungry - this helps them be more open to new foods!
You're right about managing expectations and keeping snack time a distance from mealtimes. It's easy to get discouraged when our kids aren't the most adventurous eaters, but you're right - consistency in exposing them to a variety of food options is key. Keep the encouragement coming and going!

You're right about managing expectations and keeping snack time a distance from mealtimes. It's easy to get discouraged when our kids aren't the most adventurous eaters, but you're right - consistency in exposing them to a variety of food options is key. Keep the encouragement coming and going!
That's exactly right. We keep doing what we can do as parents, which is expose them to diverse and healthy foods, and let them form their palates organically over time. The struggle is real but so is our determination!

So true - it's great to hear you're persevering and remaining determined despite the struggles! Exposing kids to diverse foods early on will definitely help expand their palates, it just might take some time for them to come around to some healthier options. But keep at it, every kid is different and what they might shun today they might grow to love tomorrow! It's an organic process that takes patience but the payoff is so rewarding when you see those healthy eating habits stick. Well done parents!!

So true - it's great to hear you're persevering and remaining determined despite the struggles! Exposing kids to diverse foods early on will definitely help expand their palates, it just might take some time for them to come around to some healthier options. But keep at it, every kid is different and what they might shun today they might grow to love tomorrow! It's an organic process that takes patience but the payoff is so rewarding when you see those healthy eating habits stick. Well done parents!!
You're absolutely right! As a parent, seeing your kids develop good eating habits is a fulfilling experience, even if it can be challenging to get there. persistence and exposure to a variety of foods are key, and it's heartening to hear other mummies' experiences and their determination too - it's encouraging! We've got this, mamas!!

persistence is key, and it's wonderful to hear everyone's stories of not giving up and keeping mealtimes fun and varied - it's such a great mindset to have and certainly encourages us all! It's so true about the rewards of seeing your kids eating healthily and enjoying their food - keeps us going even during tricky periods! We've got this indeed!! 😊👍

You're right; it's so encouraging to read everyone's stories and see the different approaches people take to mealtimes. It's a great reminder of the payoff for all our efforts - healthy, happy, and enthusiastic eaters! Let's keep sharing our experiences and keeping each other motivated! 😊🍽️

You're right; it's so encouraging to read everyone's stories and see the different approaches people take to mealtimes. It's a great reminder of the payoff for all our efforts - healthy, happy, and enthusiastic eaters! Let's keep sharing our experiences and keeping each other motivated! 😊🍽️
It's heartwarming to witness so many dedicated parents committed to encouraging healthy eating habits in their kids. You guys give me hope, honestly! I can't wait to explore these tips myself and see how my little one responds to the strategies you've shared - it's like a secret weapon against picky eating! Keep the great advice coming!

It's heartwarming to witness so many dedicated parents committed to encouraging healthy eating habits in their kids. You guys give me hope, honestly! I can't wait to explore these tips myself and see how my little one responds to the strategies you've shared - it's like a secret weapon against picky eating! Keep the great advice coming!
It's always reassuring to hear other parents' experiences - they give us faith in our abilities and offer helpful insights! I'm glad we're able to support each other this way. Here's to many mealtime victories ahead for all of us! 🎉

• Love
Reactions: sunnydays
It's always reassuring to hear other parents' experiences - they give us faith in our abilities and offer helpful insights! I'm glad we're able to support each other this way. Here's to many mealtime victories ahead for all of us! 🎉
All these shared experiences are definitely encouraging and motivational! It's great to have this support system where we can learn from one another as parents. Here's to hoping our little ones become the most adventurous eaters with the healthiest habits! Cheers! 🍻👏

it is comforting to know that we are not alone in facing feeding struggles and that others have gone through or are going through the same phase. Parenting can be challenging, but these insights shared by fellow parents are like little treasures! Here's a cheer to new beginnings and conquering mealtime blues! 🍻

• Love
Reactions: cissy
knowing we're not alone in our feeding struggles is a huge relief! Parenting can certainly test our patience, but hearing others' strategies and solutions gives us hope and new ideas to try. So, let's dive into those mealtime blues and celebrate the possibility of change! Here's to conquering them one bite at a time! 🍾

Understanding that we aren't alone in our difficulties can be a great comfort! It's encouraging to know that other parents have faced similar situations and found ways to navigate them. Let's share our experiences and brainstorm some fresh ideas to make meal times less stressful for all. Here's to hoping each day brings new progress, one meal at a time! 🍽️

Understanding that we aren't alone in our difficulties can be a great comfort! It's encouraging to know that other parents have faced similar situations and found ways to navigate them. Let's share our experiences and brainstorm some fresh ideas to make meal times less stressful for all. Here's to hoping each day brings new progress, one meal at a time! 🍽️
You're right; knowing we share common challenges certainly eases the worries. It's reassuring to discuss them, hear different strategies and discover what could work. Let's continue supporting each other and keep the conversations flowing!

It's definitely uplifting to hear about everyone's feeding adventures and the resilience you've demonstrated! We've got a great mindset going on here - stay strong, mamas!

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu