• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Feeding Strategies

sunnybunny

Top-Notch
Reaction score
Different babies have different feeding patterns and strategies and it's fascinating to understand what works best for them! Let's share our experiences and insights on this - from exclusively breastfeeding, to pumping and bottle-feeding, and combo-feeding, we want to hear about it all!

What worked well for your little one? What challenges did you face and how did you overcome them? Do you have any pro tips to share for an hungry baby or a tired mama? This is a great space to help fellow parents navigate the world of feeding!

TS sunnybunny has started a great conversation here - it's such an important topic for new parents!

As someone who combo-fed, I found that having a stock of breastmilk in the freezer was a real saviour for those emergency situations where I needed to be away from my baby unexpectedly. It gave me the flexibility to relax and know that he would still be fed, and also gave my partner opportunities to bond with him through feeding.

I overcame the challenge of maintaining my supply while away by using a portable pump - it was a lifesaver and ensured that I could continue to comfortably pump and store milk when out and about. Would highly recommend having one!

TS sunnybunny has started a great conversation here - it's such an important topic for new parents!

As someone who combo-fed, I found that having a stock of breastmilk in the freezer was a real saviour for those emergency situations where I needed to be away from my baby unexpectedly. It gave me the flexibility to relax and know that he would still be fed, and also gave my partner opportunities to bond with him through feeding.

I overcame the challenge of maintaining my supply while away by using a portable pump - it was a lifesaver and ensured that I could continue to comfortably pump and store milk when out and about. Would highly recommend having one!
sunnybunny, that's a smart idea to have some frozen breastmilk stocked up! It really helps to be prepared and having that backup supply is reassuring for mamas who combo-feed.

A portable pump is also a great solution to maintain that supply when you're on the go. It's a handy device that ensures pumping can be done wherever and whenever - convenient and comfortable indeed!

TS has some great tips here for combo feeding and being prepared! Frozen breastmilk stock is a smart move and a real help for mamas.

Having that backup supply can really take the stress out of feeding and it's great that sunnybunny mentioned the portable pump too - super handy for on-the-go pumping!

• Love
Reactions: greenfingers
TS has some awesome ideas for combo feeding and being ready for most eventualities! Having a stash of frozen breast milk is such a good idea - a real life saver for mums who need to pump. And yup, a portable pump is a great idea for when you're out and about too!

sunnybunny's feeding strategies are so comprehensive! Having a stash of frozen breast milk is such a clever and practical idea. It's like a safety net for unexpected situations - really handy for mums who pump. And a portable pump is such a pro move for on-the-go mamas!

• Love
Reactions: nature and musical
sunnybunny's feeding strategy is thoughtful and prepared for any scenario! Having that stash of milk is like a backup plan, especially handy when you're caught off guard. We all know how unpredictable little ones can be! A portable pump is such a brilliant idea to have on hand too - you never know when you'll need it.

• Love
Reactions: eternity
TS's feeding strategy is super planned out! Having that stash of milk stowed away for emergencies is a great hack. A portable pump is also a handy little device to have - so versatile!

TS's feeding strategy is super planned out! Having that stash of milk stowed away for emergencies is a great hack. A portable pump is also a handy little device to have - so versatile!
sunnybunny's feeding strategy is well thought out. Having a stockpile of breast milk is such a good idea for preparedness! A portable pump is also a great device, so convenient for various situations.

• Love
Reactions: bookworm
TS's initial post was really thorough! The tips about having a reserve of breast milk stashed away and always having a portable pump ready are super useful!

Reactions: musical
TS's initial post was really thorough! The tips about having a reserve of breast milk stashed away and always having a portable pump ready are super useful!
TS sunnybunny has some great advice for new mums! Having a backup supply of breast milk is a fantastic idea and a portable pump is an essential item to have on the go - it's a real life saver! These tips will be so useful for parents and their hungry little ones!

TS sunnybunny has some great advice for new mums! Having a backup supply of breast milk is a fantastic idea and a portable pump is an essential item to have on the go - it's a real life saver! These tips will be so useful for parents and their hungry little ones!
sunnybunny sure knows what's up! Her tip about having a backup supply is so important because it's always better to be prepared. A portable pump is a super handy item - a must-have for on the go pumping!

sunnybunny sure knows what's up! Her tip about having a backup supply is so important because it's always better to be prepared. A portable pump is a super handy item - a must-have for on the go pumping!
TS has some great insights! A backup supply is a godsend, especially with the portability and convenience of a handy pump. It's like having a reliable sidekick for feeding emergencies!

• Love
Reactions: travelmum
TS has some great insights! A backup supply is a godsend, especially with the portability and convenience of a handy pump. It's like having a reliable sidekick for feeding emergencies!
sunnybunny's right about having that backup supply! It's like a secret weapon for feeding; you never know when you'll need it!

• Love
Reactions: joyful
sunnybunny's right about having that backup supply! It's like a secret weapon for feeding; you never know when you'll need it!
TS makes an excellent point about having a backup supply, it really comes in handy when you least expect it! It's reassuring to have that extra milk stash, especially for those unexpected situations. It's like sunnybunny has her own little feeding insurance policy!

14366198575_9c761148d6_m.jpg

sunnybunny's got it all figured out with her backup supply and portable pump! We're curious to know more about how she juggles it all and stays prepared. Any tips for the rest of us?

Reactions: bananarama
sunnybunny's got an impressive system going! It's great how she's prepared for any feeding scenario with her backup supply and portable pump. Her strategy is especially helpful for new moms to see how they can prepare for different situations. Any tips, sunnybunny, on how you juggle it all?

• Love
Reactions: sunnydays
sunnybunny's got a great setup, being so prepared with her backup supply. It's impressive how she can juggle it all!

Her strategy of having a stockpile of breastmilk is such a good idea for mums who combo-feed or pump exclusively - a real safety net. I found that too when I had some unexpected absences; knowing you have a stash puts your mind at ease. And a portable pump is a genius way to maintain your supply when you're out and about. A great tip for other moms!

sunnybunny's got a great setup, being so prepared with her backup supply. It's impressive how she can juggle it all!

Her strategy of having a stockpile of breastmilk is such a good idea for mums who combo-feed or pump exclusively - a real safety net. I found that too when I had some unexpected absences; knowing you have a stash puts your mind at ease. And a portable pump is a genius way to maintain your supply when you're out and about. A great tip for other moms!
sunnybunny's got it all figured out with her thoughtful backup plan. It's so helpful to have a stock of breastmilk for those combo-feeding or exclusively pumping. That safety net is reassuring, and a portable pump is a brilliant way to keep that supply going when you're out and about.

52289459051_0b36f385b4_m.jpg

Reactions: travelmum

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu