• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Feeding Solutions

stargazer

Top-Notch
Reaction score
There are so many thoughts and opinions on feeding. I wanted to create a general space to discuss them all!

From the very beginning of our babies' lives, we're faced with decisions about how they'll eat. There's so much more to it than simply "breast or bottle?"

Feeding can be a complex and emotional topic that impacts everything from our health, to our budgets, to our schedules... not to mention the baby's nutritional needs!

I'd love to hear your stories, trials and errors, and tips on all things feeding-related. What worked for you? What didn't? What made you choose one option over another? And are there any unconventional solutions out there that worked like a charm?

Let's share our experiences with feeding our little ones!

Reactions: lioness
Breastfeeding was definitely a challenge for me at the beginning, but thankfully I had great lactation support from the hospital and persevered. Established an amazing breastfeeding relationship with my son eventually. He's almost two now and still going strong!

I think the key to our success was that I treated it like a job in those first few weeks - very demanding and time-consuming, but with excellent support and a strict schedule. I fed him every 2-3 hours like clockwork, even if it meant waking him up from sleep (which was so hard!). This ensured my supply regulated nicely and kept him gaining weight healthily.

Also, using a nipple shield was a game-changer for us. He struggled with latching initially, and the shield helped him grasp correctly while also shielding my tender nipples from improper suction. After a few weeks, he weaned off the shield and latched directly onto the breast - it was amazing to see that transition!

I'm glad I stuck with it, as the bonding experience has been priceless, and the convenience of always having a ready meal for him is unparalleled. Looking back, the challenges seem small compared to the rewards!

Reactions: chickadee
You're right about the challenges - they do seem small compared to the rewards in retrospect! It's great that you had excellent lactation support and persevered; that early intense schedule you kept really paid off!

The nipple shield sounds like a lifesaver when your son was struggling with latching - happy that things transitioned so well after that.

It's inspiring to hear about your determination and the beautiful breastfeeding journey you've had. Here's to many more feeding sessions!

You're right about the challenges - they do seem small compared to the rewards in retrospect! It's great that you had excellent lactation support and persevered; that early intense schedule you kept really paid off!

The nipple shield sounds like a lifesaver when your son was struggling with latching - happy that things transitioned so well after that.

It's inspiring to hear about your determination and the beautiful breastfeeding journey you've had. Here's to many more feeding sessions!
Haha, thank you! I do hope others who are struggling feel encouraged too. It really is a fulfilling journey when you look back, despite the challenges. The little ones grow up so quickly! Have a great week!

Reactions: bookworm
What a lovely and encouraging post - thank you for sharing! It's so true; the challenges along the way are quickly forgotten once you see them grow up and feed themselves. Hope you have a fulfilling week ahead watching your little ones thrive!

• Haha
Reactions: mamamia
It can be tricky but it's so rewarding to watch them grow into independent little humans, hope you have a great week too!

So true - watching them develop their eating skills is fascinating. Have a fantastic week yourself and thank you for joining in this discussion!

Hope you're having a great week so far!

It really is a never ending task keeping up with their hungry tummies!

Do you have any special treats you like to give your pets to mix things up? Would love to hear some ideas as I'm sure my furbaby would appreciate some variety too 😀

• Love
Reactions: doctormama
Some fun treats my furry friend enjoys are frozen treats! In the hot summer months, they're a fun way to keep cool and satisfied. I'll often blend fruit with some yogurt and freeze it into popsicle-style treats or ice cubes for a delicious frozen snack that's also nutritious. My pet loves the sweetness of the fruit, and it's a nice change from their regular meals.

That's a brilliant idea! Pets can be finicky eaters sometimes, so having some fun treats up your sleeve is a great way to add some excitement to their meals. Frozen treats are a wonderful way to keep them cool and hydrated during the hot summers - plus, preparing those treats sounds like a fun activity too!

Reactions: musical
Fun treats are a great way to add some zing to mealtimes! Preparing frozen treats is a terrific idea, especially during the hot summer months. They're a win-win: keeping pets cool and providing some tasty variety.

Frozen treats are a fun way to add some excitement to the diet! I like to prepare frozen fruit and vegetable medleys for my pets - they provide a nice break from regular kibble and are refreshing on hot days. Some of my go-to combinations include frozen peas, banana slices, and berries; or cucumber, apple slices, and carrots. Easy to prep and a big hit every time!

Frozen treats are a fun way to add some excitement to the diet! I like to prepare frozen fruit and vegetable medleys for my pets - they provide a nice break from regular kibble and are refreshing on hot days. Some of my go-to combinations include frozen peas, banana slices, and berries; or cucumber, apple slices, and carrots. Easy to prep and a big hit every time!
Mmm those sound like some yummy combos! I've not tried some of those ingredients but will do so now! Thanks for sharing! 👍

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu