• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Feeding Solutions

sunflower

Top-Notch
Reaction score
What solutions do you ladies use to help with feeding? I'm particularly interested in hearing about things that have worked well for combination feeding! My little one seems to get frustrated when trying to latch sometimes, so I've been researching some other options too and would love some real-life success stories.

I've heard great things about the Haaka breast pump and how it can help with letting down and getting a good flow going before nursing, and also wondered if any of you have used those silicone compression feeding bags that you wear to help get the milk flow started too? Or even just your go-to pumping essentials or bottle recommendations are welcome - I'm all ears!

I combination fed also! Sometimes my little one had problems latching and I found that using a good old fashioned rubber pump like the kind that hospitals use helped immensely. You know the ones that look like a giant bulb syringe? They are cheap and you can get them at most pharmacies.

Also, for actual pumping, I really liked the Spectra pumps. They have different settings which is nice. I also found that using those reusable ice packs on your chest before nursing can help let down quicker - especially if you freeze them first.

Hope this helps!

• Love
Reactions: sportytina
I combination fed also! Sometimes my little one had problems latching and I found that using a good old fashioned rubber pump like the kind that hospitals use helped immensely. You know the ones that look like a giant bulb syringe? They are cheap and you can get them at most pharmacies.

Also, for actual pumping, I really liked the Spectra pumps. They have different settings which is nice. I also found that using those reusable ice packs on your chest before nursing can help let down quicker - especially if you freeze them first.

Hope this helps!
The giant bulb syringe pump - the one that looks like an old fashioned medical instrument - is a good recommendation. It's a cheap and effective solution that can help with tricky latching.

I also hear you on the Spectra pumps; different settings are a godsend. Anything to make life easier when you're dealing with a fussy eater!

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu