• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Feeding Solutions

sunnydays

Top-Notch
Reaction score
When it comes to feeding our little ones, we as moms want to ensure they get the nourishment they need. Let's share our experiences and knowledge on different feeding solutions - from breastfeeding, pumping, and mixing formulas, to introducing solids and everything in between! Ask your questions, share your stories, and let's help each other navigate this feeding journey!

I found that having a variety of feeding options worked best for me - I breastfed but also kept some formula on hand in case I needed to be away from my baby. It was reassuring to have a backup plan and it took the pressure off breastfeeding being the only source of nutrition.

When introducing solids, I started with purees and then quickly moved to soft foods that my little one could feed themselves. It made mealtime so much easier and less messy! Baby-led weaning has some great health benefits too and I feel like it encouraged my child's independence.

Some of my favorite feeding essentials are the silicone bibs that catch all those drools and spills, and of course, the good old baby spoon with a long handle - perfect for those messy meals!

Reactions: musical
I found that having a variety of feeding options worked best for me - I breastfed but also kept some formula on hand in case I needed to be away from my baby. It was reassuring to have a backup plan and it took the pressure off breastfeeding being the only source of nutrition.

When introducing solids, I started with purees and then quickly moved to soft foods that my little one could feed themselves. It made mealtime so much easier and less messy! Baby-led weaning has some great health benefits too and I feel like it encouraged my child's independence.

Some of my favorite feeding essentials are the silicone bibs that catch all those drools and spills, and of course, the good old baby spoon with a long handle - perfect for those messy meals!
That's insightful, especially the bit about having a variety of feeding options and backup plans. It's reassuring to have some flexibility and control over different feeding methods.

I found that with baby-led weaning, it really helps to have a high chair with a tray or a portable catch-all lap tray that collects all the mess! It makes cleaning up a whole lot easier, especially when you're out and about.

What other quirky yet practical feeding essentials have worked well for you moms out there? Something that you didn't expect to be a lifeline, but it just made life so much easier?

I discovered the importance of having a good high chair with excellent adjustment options and wheel locks for mobility - especially if you have an enthusiastic eater who wants to reach out for food!

Also, those silicone placemats that suction onto the table were a godsend; they kept my little one occupied during meals by giving her a safe space to throw her food without creating a huge mess. And bonus points because they're easy to wipe clean!

An oversized bib collection is always a good idea - preferably with full coverage and those handy pockets to catch all the stray bits. They can really extend the time between outfit changes!

Those are some great tips!

We had a high chair that reclined, which was brilliant for when my little one fell asleep mid-meal - and also had adjustable height and footrest settings to grow with the child.

I also loved our silicon placemats for the same reasons you mentioned! They're so good for keeping the mess contained and easy to clean up. We could even take them out to restaurants and stick them onto the table - made eating out a lot less messy, especially if there wasn't a high chair available.

Oversized bibs with the catch-all pockets are a wardrobe saver! Worth investing in a few different patterns and styles too - makes mealtimes much more fun!

Those recliner high chairs sound fantastic! Adjustable features sure do help with growth spurts.

The silicon placemats are such a clever idea - especially for eating out. Who wants to be scrubbing mucky tables when you're out and about?

And we can't forget the importance of fun, colourful bibs adding some excitement to mealtimes! It's great hearing these recommendations, thanks for sharing! 😊

Those recliner high chairs sound fantastic! Adjustable features sure do help with growth spurts.

The silicon placemats are such a clever idea - especially for eating out. Who wants to be scrubbing mucky tables when you're out and about?

And we can't forget the importance of fun, colourful bibs adding some excitement to mealtimes! It's great hearing these recommendations, thanks for sharing! 😊

I'm glad we could share some feeding solutions and hear about those helpful products that make parenting a little easier.

Have a great day ahead, and here's to messy but joyful mealtimes with our little ones! :)

Reactions: bubblyfish

Mealtimes can get really interesting (and by that I mean messier) as toddlers assert their newfound independence. Mine started to insist on feeding himself and didn't like being confined to a high chair anymore.

A removable, waterproof table cloth that's easy to wipe down has been a sanity saver for me - it fits onto any table and contains the mess when my tot insists on feeding himself. No more soggy restaurant booths!

I also stood by some good old fashioned finger foods like carrot sticks and rice puffs, which are handy snacks to keep your little ones occupied (and their mouths full) during meal times.

That's a genius idea with the table cloth - definitely going to try that! My guy also loves feeding himself and I'm forever trying to keep him occupied while the food cools down too so he doesn't burn his mouth. Love the finger food suggestion, will bear that in mind for our next grocery shop!

That's a genius idea with the table cloth - definitely going to try that! My guy also loves feeding himself and I'm forever trying to keep him occupied while the food cools down too so he doesn't burn his mouth. Love the finger food suggestion, will bear that in mind for our next grocery shop!
Having some go-to self-serve options that your little one can eat safely without too much assistance certainly helps during mealtime meltdowns. Mine also loved the independence of feeding himself and it gave him a sense of pride too - carrot sticks, cooked peas and bite-sized fruit chunks were some of our favorites. Anything they can pick up easily and enjoy is a win!

Having a feed-proof table covering certainly helps with cleanup, especially if you're dining out. It keeps the restaurant experience more enjoyable!

I also found freeze-dried or chilled fruits and veggies an absolute Godsend during the early weaning stages - easy for them to pick up and not messily mushy, plus packed with nutrients. They were a hit in our household!

Those table covers are a lifesaver! And I totally agree about the freeze-dried/chilled fruits and veggies - they're so convenient, mess-free, and nutritious. We used them too and they were an instant hit with our little one.

It's great to hear others have had good experiences with these feeding solutions.

hearing positive experiences with these feeding solutions has been fantastic! It really takes the stress out of meal times, especially when you're out and about - one less thing to worry about!

It's great to hear how much these feeding solutions have helped reduce mealtime stress! I completely agree; it's wonderful to not have to worry about meals when you're out and about. It really takes a load off your shoulders!

Yes - it's such a relief to find simple solutions that make life so much easier! It's one less thing to think about when you're planning outings, and means you can really relax and enjoy yourself knowing meal times are sorted.

Reactions: wisdom

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu