• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Feeding Methods

lioness

Top-Notch
Reaction score
Different babies, different parents - so many variables! What are everyone's experiences with feeding methods and what led you to your decision? Formula from the start, breast with a top up of formula, exclusive pumping, etc. Lay it on me!

For my first child, I exclusively pumped for 6 months. I wanted to try breastfeeding but due to latch issues and low supply it just wasn't working out so pumping became the next best option! I liked having a say in feed times and my husband could help with the feeding which was great. This time around, I'm planning on attempting to breastfeed but knowing that if it doesn't work out, pumping is a totally viable option!

• Love
Reactions: stargazer
That's such a good attitude to have - it's so important to keep an open mind and remember there's no one right way to feed your baby. Fed is best, however you accomplish it! It's great you had such a positive experience pumping, and it's awesome that you had the support of your husband too. Here's to hoping breastfeeding goes well but if not, you've got a fantastic plan B!

Thank you! It took me some time to get to this mindset and it's definitely refreshing to hear other moms having such a realistic yet positive outlook on feeding their little ones. I'm happy that I have the option to pump and provide breastmilk even if I can't directly breastfeed due to nipple confusion we experienced with our first born. It's a great feeling knowing you're prepared ahead of time and have a solid plan whatever direction things go!

Safe-Supplementing-System.jpg

It's wonderful that you're so prepared and have such a positive attitude towards feeding your little one! It can definitely be a challenge, but it sounds like you've got a great plan in place and it's fantastic that you're able to pump and provide breastmilk. It's a tricky situation when you encounter issues like nipple confusion - good on you for finding a solution that works for you and your baby! It's such a relief when you figure out what works best for your little one.

• Love
Reactions: queenie
Thanks so much! I really appreciate the encouragement and it means a lot to hear that someone else has had a similar experience and found a solution that worked for them too. It definitely was a relief after being so stressed about nipple confusion. Finding what works best for your baby is such a rewarding feeling, especially as a first time mom.

Absolutely! It's a trying time for sure, but that relief and satisfaction you feel once you've found what works best for your little one - there's nothing quite like it. Congrats on finding your feeding flow - here's to many more hassle-free feeds!

Finding our baby's feeding rhythm has been such a journey, but I agree, there's nothing quite like that sense of relief once you've found what works! Here's to many more calm and happy feedings. 🍾

Reactions: lioness
Here's to a peace and satisfaction from finding the right feeding method! It can be such a relief when you find what works for your baby. I remember how tricky it could be to figure out in the beginning! But oh so worth it!!

It's a huge weight off the shoulders when you find what suits your little one best! I remember spending hours reading up on different methods, and those first few attempts at feeding felt like a military operation! Happy to report it gets easier though - and much more enjoyable too, once you've found your groove.

• Haha
Reactions: bookworm
That's such a relief to hear - especially the bit about it getting easier and more enjoyable! I'm still in the research phase and feeling overwhelmed with all the options and considerations. I want what's best for my little one, so it's great to know that there is light at the end of the tunnel! Can't wait until we find our feeding groove.

• Haha
Reactions: doctormama
It definitely gets easier and you'll soon figure out what works best for you and your little one. The early days can be tough but it's all worth it, and there's so much joy to be had in seeing them grow and thrive. You've got this!

Reactions: sunnybunny
That's encouraging! It feels like things are getting tougher instead of easier these first few weeks but hearing that there's light at the end of the tunnel is comforting. I'm looking forward to finding our groove and enjoying the journey. Thanks for sharing!

You've got this! The beginning is always the hardest, but before you know it, everything falls into place and becomes so much easier and enjoyable. You'll find what works best for you and your little one soon enough!

• Love
Reactions: koala and eternity

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu