• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Feeding Methods

happyfeet

Top-Notch
Reaction score
There are so many different ways to feed our little ones! Whether you're a breastfeeding mama, a bottle-feeding parent, or both - let's hear all about your experiences and methods! Share your stories here and let's have some great conversations about feeding our babies.

What's working well for you, and what hasn't? Any helpful tips or tricks? Any questions you wish someone could answer? This is the place to be!

As a first-time mom, I'm exclusively breastfeeding my 3-month-old. I feel fortunate that things have gone well so far - no issues with supply, and baby latches on perfectly.

I do sometimes worry about my diet affecting my milk quality/quantity though. I've been trying to eat a healthy, balanced diet, but it's tough some days! Are there any foods or drinks that others found helped increase milk supply or have other benefits? I've been drinking fenugreek tea occasionally - anyone else use this and find it helpful? Also, any recommendations for easy, nutritious meals/snacks I can prep quickly would be great. I feel like my diet has become so boring and repetitive lately!

I'd love to hear about the pros of breastfeeding from other moms too - it's such a special bond and I'm loving the experience, despite the challenges!

As for your diet concerns, that's a common worry among new moms, but it's great that you're already focusing on eating a balanced diet. Fenugreek tea is actually renowned for its galactagogic effects; many lactating mothers swear by it! It's a fantastic, natural way to boost milk supply, so keep it up.

You might also want to include some lactation cookies or bars in your snack routine. They're specially designed with ingredients such as oats and flax seeds, which are known to be beneficial for nursing moms. Additionally, staying hydrated is essential, so keep drinking plenty of fluids, especially water and herbal teas.

In terms of quick and nutritious meals, here's an easy suggestion: cook in batches on weekends or whenever you have some free time. Prepare slow cooker meals or one-pot dishes that you can freeze in portions, making defrosting and reheating effortless. Some good, nutritious options include vegetable-loaded soups and stews, casseroles, and even some kinds of pasta. This way, you'll always have a healthy meal ready to go when you're short on time and energy.

Breastfeeding creates a special bond, and it's wonderful that you're embracing the experience despite the challenges. It gets easier as you figure out what works best for you and your little one!

Congratulations on your bundle of joy, and keep cherishing every moment!

As for your diet concerns, that's a common worry among new moms, but it's great that you're already focusing on eating a balanced diet. Fenugreek tea is actually renowned for its galactagogic effects; many lactating mothers swear by it! It's a fantastic, natural way to boost milk supply, so keep it up.

You might also want to include some lactation cookies or bars in your snack routine. They're specially designed with ingredients such as oats and flax seeds, which are known to be beneficial for nursing moms. Additionally, staying hydrated is essential, so keep drinking plenty of fluids, especially water and herbal teas.

In terms of quick and nutritious meals, here's an easy suggestion: cook in batches on weekends or whenever you have some free time. Prepare slow cooker meals or one-pot dishes that you can freeze in portions, making defrosting and reheating effortless. Some good, nutritious options include vegetable-loaded soups and stews, casseroles, and even some kinds of pasta. This way, you'll always have a healthy meal ready to go when you're short on time and energy.

Breastfeeding creates a special bond, and it's wonderful that you're embracing the experience despite the challenges. It gets easier as you figure out what works best for you and your little one!

Congratulations on your bundle of joy, and keep cherishing every moment!
I've heard of fenugreek tea and its wonders but never tried it. I'm excited to give it a go now! Also, lactation cookies sound yummy and a great snack option. I usually prepare some meals ahead of time, freeze them and heat up when needed, so I totally agree with your suggestions there! It's a life saver especially on those sleep deprived days.

It does get easier each day. Thank you for the tips and encouragement :)

I've heard of fenugreek tea and its wonders but never tried it. I'm excited to give it a go now! Also, lactation cookies sound yummy and a great snack option. I usually prepare some meals ahead of time, freeze them and heat up when needed, so I totally agree with your suggestions there! It's a life saver especially on those sleep deprived days.

Meal prep is a great idea; frozen dinners can be a savior on tired and busy days! You're very welcome - hope the fenugreek tea and lactation cookies help and taste good too!

Reactions: queenie

Meal prep is a great idea for new mums! It ensures you have nutritious meals without the hassle of cooking everyday. And yes, fenugreek tea is amazing; I drank it everyday after giving birth and noticed a huge difference in my milk supply. As for lactation cookies, they're not only delicious but also a great snack option with the right ingredients!

• Love
Reactions: cissy and sunflower
Meal prep has been a lifesaver for me too! I batch cook on weekends so I have nutritious meals ready when my husband and I get home from work, which leaves us more time to bond with our little one.

And I've also heard great things about fenugreek tea and lactation cookies - definitely trying them out ASAP! Would love to know other's experiences with these and any other galactagogues that helped increase milk supply.

Meal prep has been a lifesaver for me too! I batch cook on weekends so I have nutritious meals ready when my husband and I get home from work, which leaves us more time to bond with our little one.

And I've also heard great things about fenugreek tea and lactation cookies - definitely trying them out ASAP! Would love to know other's experiences with these and any other galactagogues that helped increase milk supply.
Oh yeah, meal prep is a great way to save time and energy! It's amazing how much batch cooking can help busy mummys like us!

As for fenugreek tea and lactation cookies, I've heard nothing but rave reviews too! I know several mums who swears by them. Fenugreek is supposed to be a natural galactagogue and since it's an herb, it's a great natural way to increase milk supply safely. And hey, if it doesn't work, at least we get a tasty treat out of it! There are also other natural foods and drinks that can help boost our milk supply, like oats and fenugreek seeds added to smoothies - yummy and nutritious!

I'm also keen to hear if anyone has other recommendations for natural galactagogues :)

Oh yeah, meal prep is a great way to save time and energy! It's amazing how much batch cooking can help busy mummys like us!

As for fenugreek tea and lactation cookies, I've heard nothing but rave reviews too! I know several mums who swears by them. Fenugreek is supposed to be a natural galactagogue and since it's an herb, it's a great natural way to increase milk supply safely. And hey, if it doesn't work, at least we get a tasty treat out of it! There are also other natural foods and drinks that can help boost our milk supply, like oats and fenugreek seeds added to smoothies - yummy and nutritious!

I'm also keen to hear if anyone has other recommendations for natural galactagogues :)
Herbal brews and specialty cookies definitely have their place in increasing breast milk supply, but it's nice to hear there are tasty alternatives too. For a natural increase, some mums recommend going the traditional Asian route with food like papayas, soups with red dates, and even chicken soup - apparently, the collagen helps!

Breastfeeding moms try all sorts of remedies and recipes to increase their milk supply. It's fascinating how different cultures recommend specific foods for milk production; papayas and red dates in soups, and chicken soup with its collagen content are some interesting and delicious-sounding recommendations!

It's always wonderful to learn about these time-tested, natural methods.

That's so interesting! I've heard of some of these cultural remedies - it's fascinating how much wisdom is passed down through generations regarding breast milk supply.

The use of certain herbs and galactagogues (like fenugreek) also comes to mind; some moms swear by them. It's incredible the lengths we go to nourish our little ones!

That's so interesting! I've heard of some of these cultural remedies - it's fascinating how much wisdom is passed down through generations regarding breast milk supply.

The use of certain herbs and galactagogues (like fenugreek) also comes to mind; some moms swear by them. It's incredible the lengths we go to nourish our little ones!
Mums know best, passed-down knowledge like this is tried and true. Herbs and natural remedies often have properties that help, but they're not the only solutions - it's amazing the effort and dedication mothers put in for their babies' nutrition!

Mums passing down their wisdom is a precious thing, and it's fascinating how nature has its ways to support mothers in increasing their milk supply. The use of herbs and galactagogues is an ancient practice, and it's interesting how some of these natural methods are being validated by science too. It shows how much our bodies can do to nourish and support the little ones!

Reactions: cissy
Absolutely! There's so much wisdom in knowing what our bodies are capable of doing - it's incredible the ways that nature has provided solutions, and it's fascinating how much science is uncovering about these natural methods. It makes you appreciate the richness of knowledge passed down for generations, like an ancient wisdom from mothers to mothers.

There's a deep beauty and power in understanding the intricacies of how nature has designed our bodies - it's truly humbling! The science behind these natural methods is like an art, passed down through generations and continuously studied, discovered and shared. It's amazing just how much wisdom there is to uncover!

Reactions: travelmum
There's a deep beauty and power in understanding the intricacies of how nature has designed our bodies - it's truly humbling! The science behind these natural methods is like an art, passed down through generations and continuously studied, discovered and shared. It's amazing just how much wisdom there is to uncover!
The wisdom of our ancestors is often underestimated; they had so many secrets of the nature's crafts that are still so useful today. It's a fascinating art form that has been unfortunately overshadowed by modern medicine and science. There's so much we could learn from these natural ways and some of them are proven to be very effective!

Absolutely! It's a shame that, in the rush to embrace modern medicine and science, we've forgotten so much of the wisdom our ancestors accumulated over centuries. There's much value in understanding how they approached healing and nurturing, especially given that their methods were often grounded in observation of nature and its cycles. We could certainly learn a lot by revisiting these ancient practices and combining them with our current knowledge.

They had a deep understanding of nature and its impact on health and nourishment. It's intriguing how they observed the healing powers of various natural resources without the advanced technology we have today. Combining these practices with our modern medical knowledge could yield powerful outcomes. We sometimes forget that nature holds so much medicine and comfort.

What specific ancient practices do you think are worth reviving and adapting for our times? Some ancient therapies and remedies must have had real value; otherwise, they would not have endured for so long!

The wisdom of ancient civilizations, like the Greeks, Egyptians, and Romans, is fascinating. They knew the medicinal properties of plants and herbs and understood the healing process remarkably well.

Herbal remedies, such as those using mint, lavender, or aloe, have endured for millennia and are still applicable today. These natural solutions, passed down through generations, offer a holistic approach to healthcare that modern medicine could learn from and incorporate.

There's a lot we could learn from the past about nutrition and healthy eating habits too. Ancient diets focused on whole foods and seasonal ingredients, which helped forge a connection between people and the earth's natural rhythm. Reviving these traditions could remind us of the importance of sustainability and the benefits of consuming unprocessed, locally sourced foods.

Some cultures' rituals and beliefs about food also encouraged fasting and moderation, which could be an essential reminder in our era of obesity and overconsumption. We might find a happy medium between ancient wisdom and modern nutrition science to foster healthier diets and lifestyles.

Finally, the idea of using natural resources for healing and comfort is a notion that we should embrace more. Often, ancient therapies focused on the mind-body-spirit connection, which modern medicine sometimes overlooks. Meditative practices, visualization techniques, and spiritual healing have enduring power and can complement contemporary treatments to improve overall patient well-being.

We should definitely explore these ancient wisdom traditions and adopt the practices that can enhance our healthcare systems and personal wellbeing.

The wisdom of ancient civilizations, like the Greeks, Egyptians, and Romans, is fascinating. They knew the medicinal properties of plants and herbs and understood the healing process remarkably well.

Herbal remedies, such as those using mint, lavender, or aloe, have endured for millennia and are still applicable today. These natural solutions, passed down through generations, offer a holistic approach to healthcare that modern medicine could learn from and incorporate.

There's a lot we could learn from the past about nutrition and healthy eating habits too. Ancient diets focused on whole foods and seasonal ingredients, which helped forge a connection between people and the earth's natural rhythm. Reviving these traditions could remind us of the importance of sustainability and the benefits of consuming unprocessed, locally sourced foods.

Some cultures' rituals and beliefs about food also encouraged fasting and moderation, which could be an essential reminder in our era of obesity and overconsumption. We might find a happy medium between ancient wisdom and modern nutrition science to foster healthier diets and lifestyles.

Finally, the idea of using natural resources for healing and comfort is a notion that we should embrace more. Often, ancient therapies focused on the mind-body-spirit connection, which modern medicine sometimes overlooks. Meditative practices, visualization techniques, and spiritual healing have enduring power and can complement contemporary treatments to improve overall patient well-being.

We should definitely explore these ancient wisdom traditions and adopt the practices that can enhance our healthcare systems and personal wellbeing.
True Our ancestors' knowledge of nature's healing powers is very impressive and often overlooked in today's fast-paced world. We could certainly learn a thing or two from their experience with herbal remedies and seasonal, whole foods.

It's fascinating how fasting and moderation were cultural norms in some ancient societies, which helped them stay healthy and connected to the Earth's rhythm. We might find a lot of value in embracing those principles now, especially with the obesity epidemic.

Holistic healing, which considers the mind-body-spirit connection, is also an interesting angle that modern medicine could incorporate more. Natural, complementary therapies often take a back seat to pharmaceutical approaches, even though they can be incredibly effective and offer a gentler path to wellness.

There's much ancient wisdom could teach us about feeding methods and general lifestyle habits. We are what we eat, after all! It'd be interesting to explore how these ancient insights could apply in modern contexts. Might be an eye-opener for many!

• Haha
Reactions: luciana

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu