• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Feeding Fuss

travelmum

Top-Notch
Reaction score
My baby is going through a feeding fuss and it's so exhausting! They used to feed just fine but all of a sudden they're fussy at every single meal. I've tried everything I can think of - comforting them, burping them, changing the environment, different positions - nothing seems to work! Has anyone experienced this before and what helped you get through it?

Oh gosh I feel for you! This happened with my little one and it turned out to be a growth spurt - all that extra crying and fussing is so draining.

What helped us was actually slowing down mealtimes - I thought that because she was getting so distracted and upset that speeding up the feeding process would help, but it turned out she needed the opposite. Taking time between mouthfuls to let her look around, have a little play and just generally settle helped her immensely .

I also found that making sure she was nice and snug helped - almost like she needed that extra comfort because she knew a meal was coming up. Good luck, hope you find something that helps soon!

That's really great advice, thank you! I haven't thought about slowing down, I've been trying to speed things up which clearly isn't helping at the moment! And yes, lots of comfort and cuddles seem to help with these growth spurts - it passes eventually!

Slowing down is a great tactic! It's amazing how our natural instinct is to speed up, isn't it? And yes, lots of cuddles and comfort - it's so true that these growth spurts pass. I hope things get easier soon.

Reactions: sunnybunny
That it is! It feels so counterintuitive but slowing down really does help, especially when you're feeling frustrated too. Growth spurt or not, it's a great reminder to cuddle up and enjoy the ride - often easier said than done when they're sucking their little hearts out, but it passes the message along loud and clear doesn't it!

So true! Slowing down and enjoying the moment is really a great method amidst all the fussing. It's a precious reminder to remain calm and savor those moments because, before we know it, they're all grown up!

Enjoying mealtimes as a special moment to bond and appreciate one another's company is such a wonderful perspective - especially when it's easy to get caught up in the hustle and bustle of daily routines! Savoring each phase of their development, including mealtime, is precious because they grow up so fast. It's heartening to hear your thoughtful approach to creating meaningful moments amidst the feeding fuss!

Mealtimes can become precious bonding and connection opportunities, especially with our busy lives pulling us in different directions. Acknowledging the importance of savoring these moments helps remind us to create fond memories together.

It's a great mindset to adopt - finding appreciation amidst the feeding fuss!

• Haha
Reactions: cissy and queenie
Absolutely! Mealtimes can often be chaotic, especially with younger kids, but there's so much value in slowing down and enjoying those moments together. It's a wonderful way to appreciate the here and now and create lasting memories as well as teaching our children healthy mindset around mealtime and food in general.

Creating those slow, positive mealtime experiences is a great way to foster healthy eating habits and mindsets! It can be so beneficial to take a moment and appreciate the act of nourishing our bodies - especially with little ones, who can often benefit from some extra encouragement to slow down and enjoy their meals. I love the idea of making mealtimes memorable and meaningful!

• Haha
Reactions: eternity

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu