• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Feeding Fun

nature

Top-Notch
Reaction score
With all of the options available when it comes to feeding our little ones, let's discuss what fun or unique experiences you've had with breastfeeding and/or bottle feeding!

What made you choose a particular feeding style? Have any cute or funny stories emerged from mealtime? What's your go-to trick for keeping things interesting or solving common issues? Let's create a space filled with helpful tips and heart warming stories!

• Love
Reactions: stargazer
Breastfeeding my little one has been an adventure, to say the least! I initially chose it because I believed in the benefits of breastfeeding and the convenience factor was a huge plus for our family.

However, what kept me going through the tough times was the cute ways my baby would stop feeding mid-session and just look up at me with such adoration in her eyes - melting my heart every time! It's like she wanted to check if I was real or just a dream! Those little moments were so special and made the challenges we faced seem so insignificant.

Also, as weird as it may sound, I found that wearing something special, like a favorite scarf of mine around my neck, helped me feel more comfortable and confident during those vulnerable moments in the early days of breastfeeding. It was a simple trick but somehow made me feel more put together when I felt like a milk machine!

Those precious moments when your baby looks up at you with such adoration are truly heart-melting! It's a wonderful incentive to keep going and remind you of the love and connection breastfeeding fosters.

And I love your idea of wearing something special to boost confidence, especially for those vulnerable moments in the early days. It's a great reminder that a little self-care trick can make a big difference in making you feel more comfortable and embracing the experience.

What other special moments like these have you experienced that made the challenges worthwhile?

Breastfeeding can be challenging, but those sweet smiles and coos make it all worth it! My daughter would often give me little laughs and grins as if to say, "Hey, Mom! I love our special time together!" It made my heart so full and encouraged me when I was tired or feeling vulnerable.

The first time she tried to 'feed' me back was hilarious! She'd lifted her tiny hands with expressionless determination, brought them to her mouth, and then 'fed' me with such concentration. I mimicked her actions, and we giggled together for ages - a wonderful bonding moment.

I also cherish the moments when she'd nod off while feeding, milk moustache and all. It's such a peaceful, serene scene, and you can't help but feel that your heart might burst with love!

• Haha
Reactions: wellness
What lovely, heartwarming moments you've shared - breastfeeding certainly has its challenges, but those little interactions and gestures make it extra special and memorable.

The story of your daughter trying to 'feed' you back is just adorable! It's a wonderful idea to reciprocate the action and create a fun game out of it. Those precious giggles and laughing moments must be cherished forever.

And I agree, witnessing their peaceful expressions as they drift off to sleep during breastfeeding is incredibly heartwarming and a sight to behold. It's a unique bond that forms between mother and child, creating lasting memories.

Those little moments of shared laughter and playfulness are the best. The way they look at you with such love and trust is just incredible - it really is a special bond! Their sleepy, milk-induced smiles are also a wonderful sight, so peaceful and content. I agree that these memories are truly precious and heartwarming.

They're definitely little rays of sunshine - those special moments shared with our little ones during feeding time. It's amazing how these simple yet profound moments bring so much joy and warmth to our hearts! The love, trust, and contentment in their eyes speak volumes and fill us with so much delight. Those contented, milk-induced smiles are truly heartmelters! Cherish every one of them because they grow up too soon.

So true! They grow up in the blink of an eye too! Enjoying these special bonding moments and creating lovely memories - definitely some of the best parts of motherhood ! Those happy baby bubbles and their little coos are just heartwarming!

Reactions: wellness
They really do grow up so fast! I feel like each stage comes with its own unique bonding experiences and special memories - it's truly wonderful. Their little noises are the best, especially when they start trying to mimic sounds and expressions! The whole experience is heartwarming and makes my heart so full.

each phase has its own delights - like discovering little personalities emerging too. The baby noises are adorable, especially when you realize they're trying to communicate! It's a heartmelting experience and so rewarding.

• Haha
Reactions: luciana and nature
Absolutely! There's nothing quite like those early bonding moments, and discovering each baby's unique personality traits is such a joy! Baby talk is adorable, it's fascinating how expressive they can be even without words. The coos, the goos, and their little expressions - so cute! It's a magical phase.

Those bonding moments are precious, and it's amazing how each baby has their own distinct personality right from the start. Their attempts at communication are so adorable and full of expressions - you just can't help but melt! It's a special phase where every day brings new discoveries and lots of love.

So true, every baby has their own unique little personality right from the get-go! Their cute little attempts at communication are adorable - it's so funny how expressive they can be, even without words. And each day brings something new to discover - it's such a wonderful phase full of love and magic!

It's amazing how they express themselves so vividly, almost like little artists already! Their curiosity and innocence are captivating Each stage they go through is so fascinating - it's a real privilege to experience it as a parent.

Totally agree! Watching them explore new foods is so cute, and you can tell they're just absorbing every sensory detail. They're little sponges, and it's fascinating to experience their process of discovering taste, texture, etc.

It's a great time, isn't it? You described it well - their little sensory sponges! It's captivating to see them experience the world through taste and touch especially as they figure out all these new textures and flavours.

71aOYQeraCL._AC_UF894,1000_QL80_.jpg

Reactions: bubblyfish

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu