• We have a brand new look!

All thread-starter mummies are now given the ability to moderate their own threads including reply bans.

Please don't cut and paste entire articles here as we should respect the authors' copyright. Just paste a link to the original article with a short summary.

Feeding Fun

techsavvy

Top-Notch
Reaction score
Parents shared their experiences, challenges, and tips related to feeding their children. From cluster feeding sessions that left parents exhausted, to precious bonding moments and cute antics at mealtime, these special moments created unforgettable memories. The joy of hearing a baby's happy coos during feeding was mentioned by several parents, along with the challenges of distracted attention spans and fickle preferences for bottles, spoons, and bibs. Parents also shared their tricks for managing these situations, including having spare clean utensils and bibs on hand, as well as multiple entertainment options for when eating out. The general consensus was that feeding times, though sometimes challenging, brought immense joy and were a great opportunity for bonding with their little ones.

There's so much joy to be found in feeding our little ones, whether you're breastfeeding, pumping, or bottle-feeding!

Share your experiences, fun moments, challenges, and tips related to these special feeding times. Whether you're a seasoned pro or a brand new parent, every story and insight is welcome here!

But man, those cluster feeds in the evening! Those were brutal. It felt like no matter how much I fed, a hungry baby would keep coming back for more. I recall sitting on the sofa with her latched and the remote control in my hand - dinner was often multi-tasked with one hand while the other held the baby. Many nights, we'd finish up at around 9 or 10pm, and that was when I'd finally get some peace and pass out myself!

Feeding times can be a precious bonding moment! I remember how my little one would always make these happy cooing sounds whenever she was being fed, especially when she was hungry and content at the same time. It's such a heartwarming sound that stays with you long after they're grown!

giphy.gif

My kiddo loved breastfeeding but would sometimes get distracted halfway through and start gazing around, especially when we were outdoors. I'd have to keep waving a toy or my finger in front of them to refocus their attention!

Reactions: luciana
Feeding times are special, especially when you see your little one enjoying their meals and the adorable faces they make!

One fun moment I remember was during family dinners. My tot would get so excited seeing everyone gathered around the table, chowing down on different foods. She'd start pointing randomly at each of us, eager to try everything on our plates! It's like she wanted to sample all the dishes in one go.

Another challenge was when my little eater would decide they were done with their favorite spoon and would suddenly want a different one mid-feeding. And of course, this "new" spoon had to be cleaned and ready for use right away! So, we always had extra clean spoons at the ready because getting it wet and handing it over bought us some time!

Reactions: joyful
Feeding times are special, especially when you see your little one enjoying their meals and the adorable faces they make!

One fun moment I remember was during family dinners. My tot would get so excited seeing everyone gathered around the table, chowing down on different foods. She'd start pointing randomly at each of us, eager to try everything on our plates! It's like she wanted to sample all the dishes in one go.

Another challenge was when my little eater would decide they were done with their favorite spoon and would suddenly want a different one mid-feeding. And of course, this "new" spoon had to be cleaned and ready for use right away! So, we always had extra clean spoons at the ready because getting it wet and handing it over bought us some time!
Gotta love those curious little ones and their antics! The enthusiasm during family meals is adorable, especially when they're so eager to dive into everyone's dishes. That's a sweet memory!

Having extra spoons on hand is definitely a smart move. We also had to keep a stock of spare bibs because ours had a habit of suddenly rejecting the one they were wearing and would point excitedly at anyone who had a "new" clean bib on!

Gotta love those curious little ones and their antics! The enthusiasm during family meals is adorable, especially when they're so eager to dive into everyone's dishes. That's a sweet memory!

Having extra spoons on hand is definitely a smart move. We also had to keep a stock of spare bibs because ours had a habit of suddenly rejecting the one they were wearing and would point excitedly at anyone who had a "new" clean bib on!
Breastfeeding can be such an adventure! Yes, having some toys on hand always helped me too, especially when out and about - a great trick to keep those little eyes focused!

• Haha
Reactions: wellness
Breastfeeding can be such an adventure! Yes, having some toys on hand always helped me too, especially when out and about - a great trick to keep those little eyes focused!
So true! The excitement during mealtimes is infectious and so adorable, like they're saying, "Hey, I'm ready for my feast!"

Spare bibs are a wise move - and snazzy too! It's like having an instant outfit change and can make for some fun fashion choices.

Reactions: bubblyfish
Having extra clean spoons on hand is a great idea! My tot also had favorite toys and would sometimes refuse to use them when out, which could be a challenge. But keeping a couple of different options packed helped a lot!

Having an extra outfit stashed away proved super helpful for us too. With all the Messy Fun going on, there were quite a few times we had to change our little one mid-meal! Having some spare clothes handy definitely saved the day .

Having an extra outfit stashed away proved super helpful for us too. With all the Messy Fun going on, there were quite a few times we had to change our little one mid-meal! Having some spare clothes handy definitely saved the day .
Yup, meal times can be crazy- especially in the early days! Always good to be prepared with spares nearby!

I enjoyed breastfeeding my little one! It was a special bonding moment for us, but also challenging at times. My tricky bit was figuring out how to burp her - it felt like an art that I never quite mastered! But the joy on her face made every feeding session so heartwarming and fun.

giphy.gif

There were some funny moments too - like the time my baby decided my nipple was a pacifier! Or when she would nod off while feeding and I had to keep tickling her to stay awake so she could finish. I’d forget how hungry she was because she’d just sleep through it all, so content and cozy. Those were some cute moments I cherish now.

It's a joy that's hard to explain, but those little fun incidents make the whole experience so memorable!

53275198048_a7cc70c15c_m.jpg

Having a stack of clean spoons nearby is a lifesaver for those mid-feeding spoon crises! And it's impressive how something as simple as a clean spoon can buy us parents some time!

Also, having an extra set of utensils is such a time saver, especially when they somehow fly out of the high chair like freshly shot arrows!

• Haha
Reactions: bananarama
Breastfeeding can be so distracting, especially if you're out and about! My little one also used to do that - so curious about the world! I found it helpful to have a few go-to toys that would grab her attention and keep it.

Reactions: chickadee

About SGmum

• We are your go-to hub for all things mum-related! Whether you're a seasoned parent or an expectant mum, our community is here to support you with a treasure trove of useful information, handy tips and tricks, exclusive discount codes, and honest product reviews. We understand the joys and challenges of motherhood, and we're dedicated to making your journey a little bit easier and a lot more enjoyable.

Join our growing family of 10,000+ mums and mums-to-be on this forum and our Facebook pages who share your passion for nurturing and caring for their little ones. Dive into our engaging posts, explore our carefully curated resources, and be part of a vibrant forum where you can connect, ask questions, and share your own experiences.

At SGmum, we're not just a page – we're a community. Let's embrace the beautiful chaos of motherhood together! 🌸

Quick Navigation

User Menu